Sign in to follow this  
T07

It has to be said - Shackell.....

one of THE worst defenders ever to grace a city shirt. Ask Marshall should you get the chance......

couldnt agree more....

cant pass, makes last ditch saving tackles but abysmal positioning in the first place!!!

and tho i realise drury has been a good servent i have always felt he is weak defensively......positioning usually suspect.

what happened to ur youth set up?

[quote user="6088m canary"]

couldnt agree more....

cant pass, makes last ditch saving tackles but abysmal positioning in the first place!!!

and tho i realise drury has been a good servent i have always felt he is weak defensively......positioning usually suspect.

[/quote]At last!! Somebody sees the light. Dreary is ALWAYS  being pulled towards the CB''s and leaving our flank exposed. Completely agree 6088

well there is always the argument that he doesnt get support from thos in front on LM tackling back....

however....i have always felt sceptical about his defensive reading of the game...often lets players in behind him and never seems to be the right side of his man,,,,,?!?!?!

Having said that last game i actually got to see was Vs Southend at boxing day so maybe he has improved!?!??!?!

And one other thing?!?!

Why the hell for the last 5 seasons have we been unable to take a half decent corner....!?!??! These people are professionals?!?!?!?

Shackell just isn''t good enough.

Two new first choice central defenders are badly needed and they have been for a long time.

Some of you guys on here are not happy unless you are moaning about someone or something. One week its doc then shacks then jamie then marshall....the list goes on. Does anyone on this site actually no the meaning of support or are you all scummers?

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]shackell seemed to do ok with taylor but cant cut it with doc, [/quote]Actually I''d flip that...... Taylor compensates better for Shacks recklessness than Doc does..... Doc gets exposed time and again by Shack who has no sense of position or tactical responsibility. I''d go with Taylor and Doc.........

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]shackell seemed to do ok with taylor but cant cut it with doc, [/quote]Actually I''d flip that...... Taylor compensates better for Shacks recklessness than Doc does..... Doc gets exposed time and again by Shack who has no sense of position or tactical responsibility. I''d go with Taylor and Doc.........[/quote]i''d probably flip that back again t07 - shax often has to cover for the doc, something that roeder alluded to when he said that shax enjoyed better success playing with taylor cos he was allowed to concentrate solely on his own game.  also, was it coincidence that taylor probably had his worst game for city playing with the doc against plymouth??? if taylor has shown us something, it''s that our central defence needs strengthening - and which players come and go is ultimately down to the manager.

[quote user="6088m canary"]

well there is always the argument that he doesnt get support from thos in front on LM tackling back....

however....i have always felt sceptical about his defensive reading of the game...often lets players in behind him and never seems to be the right side of his man,,,,,?!?!?!

Having said that last game i actually got to see was Vs Southend at boxing day so maybe he has improved!?!??!?!

And one other thing?!?!

Why the hell for the last 5 seasons have we been unable to take a half decent corner....!?!??! These people are professionals?!?!?!?

[/quote]Let me get this straight, your slaggin off Shackell and Drury saying there not good enough and never play well, and the last game you saw was Southend at home on Boxing Day?What a joke, i dont wanna hear the opinions of arm chair supporters thanks, until u watch the boys week in week out shut ya gob, cause i for one dont wanna hear it.Im sick of idiots on here like you and Smudger slatin the team when you dont even go to any matches, and you have the nerve to call yourself supporters...

first off my son i havent been in the country therefore travelling from colombia to norwich every othre saturday is a wee bit tough.....

secondly id love to know where u "sit" in the barclay....... last time i got there it was full of 12yr olds and middle aged mums.....there is a family stand for a reason.

If in fact u do stand up, sing ur lungs out and give it ur all like most of us have done to no avail over the years then respect to urself and long may u continue to do so.....

all i can say is the original post is very relevant.....i cant remember a worse city defender since a certain K.Scott....i dont want to moan but how the guy was made captain is a complete joke......!!

Obviously hope he and the rest improve....and if i WAS in the UK id give the lad my undying support in the ground....however this isnt the ground and im sure the person in question is far too busy picking up chicas down riverside or playing as himself on Pro Evo to care to read this site.....

ah and wihlst im at it...yes the citysupport is muerous but often far fr too quiet.......i was actually embarassed vs celtic.....a frigging testamonial...they bring 6000, outsing everybody....thats passion!! Likewise my colombian side....

as i say if u sing ur lungs out then the upmost respect to you......if not then please dont spout any drivel at people that care.....

smudger may have his faults but i genuinely believe he cares for city deeply.

The wrestling fella too.......

What we need is 25000 people like "the man"........that is football.....if u want to sit on ur hands and eat humbugs all game then go to the rugby i say..........

Could''nt agree more Barclayman. i''m like you, sick and tired of armchair fans slagging certain individuals off week in week out when they never bother attending a game. Pathetic from some of these so called fans

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]Could''nt agree more Barclayman. i''m like you, sick and tired of armchair fans slagging certain individuals off week in week out when they never bother attending a game. Pathetic from some of these so called fans[/quote]Because people cant get there doesn''t mean they dont get to see the games nor that they dont care every bit as much as the vast majority who have a nice cushy 30 minute drive to the ground....... cue the peeing contest.

[quote user="T07"]one of THE worst defenders ever to grace a city shirt. Ask Marshall should you get the chance......
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.  He''s a liability.  Better teams than Colchester are going to make us pay for our current lack of defence, and Doc gets more blame than he should as he''s basically trying to cover two positions.

[quote user="T07"]one of THE worst defenders ever to grace a city shirt. Ask Marshall should you get the chance......
[/quote]

Are you related to Smudger?

[quote user="T07"][quote user="gcb...norwich"]Could''nt agree more Barclayman. i''m like you, sick and tired of armchair fans slagging certain individuals off week in week out when they never bother attending a game. Pathetic from some of these so called fans[/quote]Because people cant get there doesn''t mean they dont get to see the games nor that they dont care every bit as much as the vast majority who have a nice cushy 30 minute drive to the ground....... cue the peeing contest.

[/quote]they dont care as much as me, otherwise they wouldnt be in a different country would they, i wouldnt let anything get in the way of watchin City, id turn down jobs, women the lot if it meant moving and missing goin to CR every other week, but thats my level of passion, and the point im making is i only respect the opinions of fans who actually attend matches week in week out, or at least as many as they can attend due to work and finances. I have no interest whatsoever in hearing someone slate our players when they dont even go to Carrow Road and indeed havent been for 2 yrs or whatever it was.How can someone make an intelligent and constructive comment on a player they clearly and admittedly havent seen play for 2 yrs? Were on the telly once in a blue moon so u cant judge on that, if your watching him week in week out like the rest of us then ill listen to what u have to say, and either agree or or not. But unless you are watchin a player week in week out you simply cannot pass judgement.

[quote user="BarclayMan artist formerly known as BarclayBoy"]

they dont care as much as me, otherwise they wouldnt be in a different country would they, i wouldnt let anything get in the way of watchin City, id turn down jobs, women the lot if it meant moving and missing goin to CR every other week, but thats my level of passion, and the point im making is i only respect the opinions of fans who actually attend matches week in week out, or at least as many as they can attend due to work and finances. I have no interest whatsoever in hearing someone slate our players when they dont even go to Carrow Road and indeed havent been for 2 yrs or whatever it was.

How can someone make an intelligent and constructive comment on a player they clearly and admittedly havent seen play for 2 yrs? Were on the telly once in a blue moon so u cant judge on that, if your watching him week in week out like the rest of us then ill listen to what u have to say, and either agree or or not. But unless you are watchin a player week in week out you simply cannot pass judgement.
[/quote]

Can I ask, who the hell do you think you are?

Do you seriously expect fans to turn down opportunities elsewhere in the country (and the world) just so they can go and watch Norwich play, form an opinion then come on here so that you, the chosen one, can listen to their opinions? You have no right whatsoever to tell anyone on here to "shut their gob" - we''re all City fans and we can all say what we like. Not every City fan is lucky enough to live in the Norwich area. Likewise, even if they do, not everyone is financially secure enough to do so in this modern age of expensive football matches.

And you''d turn down women for Norwich City? Christ...

Shackell is a good defender. He has proved that when he played really well in the prem. He made a huge difference then and I think the key is that he needs a confident defender next to him. Whenever he plays with dublin or taylor he has played well. I''m not going to claim to like doherty, I think he is absolute rubbish. He is the problem. People think doherty''s good, making last ditch tackles and saving interceptions, he only makes them becuase he mucked up earlier to let the player through on goal. This didn''t happen once yesterday it happened 4 or 5 times. I''m not one for slagging players off all the time, but sometimes you are good and sometimes there are players who just do not cut it ever. As long as doherty is at the back there will be errors and mistakes and goals will flood in. How can you expect shax to be confident when he has an idiot next to him at the back and has been stripped off his captancy. We shall see but I hope taylor comes and we can get rid of doc once and for all.

[quote user="Fellas"]Shackell is a good defender. He has proved that when he played really well in the prem. He made a huge difference then and I think the key is that he needs a confident defender next to him. Whenever he plays with dublin or taylor he has played well. I''m not going to claim to like doherty, I think he is absolute rubbish. He is the problem. People think doherty''s good, making last ditch tackles and saving interceptions, he only makes them becuase he mucked up earlier to let the player through on goal. This didn''t happen once yesterday it happened 4 or 5 times. I''m not one for slagging players off all the time, but sometimes you are good and sometimes there are players who just do not cut it ever. As long as doherty is at the back there will be errors and mistakes and goals will flood in. How can you expect shax to be confident when he has an idiot next to him at the back and has been stripped off his captancy. We shall see but I hope taylor comes and we can get rid of doc once and for all.
[/quote]

No, Martin Taylor is what you''d call a "good defender". Jason Shackell is not. He doesn''t read the game particularly well, he''s not the strongest, he''s not great in the air and his distribution is fairly poor.

Norwich won''t be going anywhere as long as Jason Shackell is a first choice centreback.

If Norwich want to challenge higher up this league then we need two new centrebacks.

However, if I had to play against Doherty or Shackell I''d pick Shackell because I think you''d get a tougher game against the Doc.