Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so we havent got a million to spend in Janaury then

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED14%20Dec%202007%2009%3A39%3A09%3A420

Roeder says that ther Brum people wouldnt negotiate on an asking Price.. yet the "giants" that are QPR have bid 1 million pounds...

so, Plan C, sell someone to raise much needed transfer Money in january.. Hucks, Dublin and Cureton are all too old to command a big fee. So who''s it going to be then?

Utter Rubbish Norwich! we need to push the boat out and Martin Taylor would of been a brilliant signing for the club permanently.. if we cant afford 1 million pounds and have to rely on bargain basement hasbeens and loans then what good is it? Loans wont keep us in this division... if they do they certainyl wont get us promoted...

wheres the money Roeder was promised in his press conference then City?

lets be avin ya

jas :)

I don''t think this at all.

I think he probably has more to spend, but GR has quite a few holes to fill in this squad he inherited from Grant. Can''t go and fill one hole for £1m, and have little left to spend to fill the other 3.

I think he also wants to keep his cards close to his chest regarding how much he has to spend in Jan. We all know how prices get inflated if clubs know a manager has a war-chest to buy players.

I''ll reserve my judgement until 1st Feb 2008, but I don''t see selling some of the squads better players to raise revenue as a good way forward.

Afraid the selling days are over , truth is we dont have one player who would fetch anything worth having , when you play 5 loanees in the side its a bit of a clue most of your squad are sh/te .

Remember when we couldn''t afford Huckerby................... or Ashton or EarnshawI would be more shocked if the club was to simply hand over whatever was asked.I do wonder if some of the posters on here have had any more advanced financial dealings than collecting the paper round money.

[quote user="City1st"]Remember when we couldn''t afford Huckerby................... or Ashton or Earnshaw

I would be more shocked if the club was to simply hand over whatever was asked.

I do wonder if some of the posters on here have had any more advanced financial dealings than collecting the paper round money.
[/quote]

yes i remember when we couldnt afford huckerby... our Dithering board then relied on the fans to sign him through a share issue and a local Business man/woman to pay his wages.... if we fans and the nameless benefactor hadn''t of acted Darren Huckerby would never have signed....

And we could always afford Ashton and Earnshaw...we were in the premiership and that money payed for ashton, the profit we made on Ashton the paid for MercEarnary.

and true, the club shouldnt hand over whats asked... but could we not sturcture payments to birmingham say 500k now and another 500k at the end of the season... (1 million) plus other sweeteners to the deal depending on appearences, goals, promotion etc.... thats the whole point of transfer Negotiations.. which im led to believe is part of Neil Doncasters job...

would the "negotiations" have gone something like ''how much for Taylor? 1 million!!??!! erm.. ok.. well.. thankyou and merry christmas"?

jas :)

[quote user="City1st"]Remember when we couldn''t afford Huckerby................... or Ashton or Earnshaw

I do wonder if some of the posters on here have had any more advanced financial dealings than collecting the paper round money.
[/quote]

problem in this case is another club have matched Brum''s asking price.  Fortunatly Taylor doesnt want to live in London.  This aint over yet!

We all know they havent got a million to spend in Janaury......unless they want to build another road then it will be found!!!!

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Reading between the lines it seems to me that we probably have £1m-£1.25m to spend in January excluding any incoming money from existing players sold off. Presumably the thinking is that we would be better off trying to get three or four players for that sort of money, and with GR''s contacts that might be possible, rather than put all our eggs in the Taylor basket. At the end of the day why should Birmingham come down from the price QPR have agreed with them at this moment in time. The Briatores and Ecclestones of this world have billions behind them and Karren Brady knows that. Whether Taylor wants to go there is another matter but from Birmingham''s point of view they have agreed a fee for him with QPR and they ain''t likely to come down significantly from that yet when there''s six weeks until the window closes. Someone else may come in before then who is prepared to match the QPR offer and be a club for whom Taylor is prepared to play. Who knows, if we can get good money for some of our surplus misfits, it could still be us.    

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Loans wont keep us in this division... if they do they certainyl wont get us promoted...

[/quote]

I can feel an Alan Hansen moment coming on Jas!

The big question is, why should £1m represent such a huge proportion of the money available?  I thought the Turners were good for at least a little more than a £2m loan!  If they are not, what on earth was the point in putting them on the board?  If they are either unable or unwilling to provide furhter funds, then their appointment is a joke.  Taylor is exactly what we need and as all the information suggests, the deal fell through because we were not prepared to pay the asking price.  If that is incorrect, then why is there not an official statement from the club to confirm this to be the case?  It''s all very well not wanting to be ripped-off by another club just because they think they can get away with it, but such principles when you are in such a precarious position as we are could quite easily spell disaster.  5 extremely important games without Taylor..............What the hell are they thinking?  Are they mad?

[/quote]

Yes i remember when i bought shares and bricks in the new stand to pay for Huckerby. Did you? I am slightly aggrieved at feeling like i`ve been totally sh*t on by the board ever since though. And unless you have a totally selective memory you may recall that the initial £1.5m down-payment for Ashton was a direct result of a budget surplus created by the share issues.

A few years ago the club took out short-term loans to pay for land and the infill. £3million of that has to be payed back by the end of next year. Do you think this fact may be having a bearing on the amount the manager currently has to spend? And do you think they were wise and "prudent" financial decisions?

[quote user="25overpar"]

The big question is, why should £1m represent such a huge proportion of the money available?  I thought the Turners were good for at least a little more than a £2m loan!  If they are not, what on earth was the point in putting them on the board?  If they are either unable or unwilling to provide furhter funds, then their appointment is a joke.  Taylor is exactly what we need and as all the information suggests, the deal fell through because we were not prepared to pay the asking price.  If that is incorrect, then why is there not an official statement from the club to confirm this to be the case?  It''s all very well not wanting to be ripped-off by another club just because they think they can get away with it, but such principles when you are in such a precarious position as we are could quite easily spell disaster.  5 extremely important games without Taylor..............What the hell are they thinking?  Are they mad?

[/quote]

The biggest bummer of them all is that taylor would have gone for max 500-600 grand before his loan, i dont see why things wernt better worked out before the start of the loan to make sure we had first option on him for a fee we set.

We have put taylor in the spotlight and the brumies know it, he is worth twice the amount he was before the loan period.

You have to wonder if people like doncaster take these kind of things into account when setting up loan contracts.

The guy clearly has NO idea about football.

And we are the loosers in this situation.

We get the guy playing to his potential, or should i say glen did, then look what happens, but to be honest, if in jan, we sign mo and the geordie lad full time, then i will be pleased, at the end of the day, we dont have a lot of dosh so i think glen will be looking to stretch it as far as it will go.

Better to get the two i mentioned for a million that just taylor for the same money.

But thats my opinion.

What about you guys ?

Matty and Mo for a million, or loose them, and spend a million just on taylor ?

I will take the two for a million, they have contributed just as much, they just havnt had as many headlines as taylor.

[quote user="cityangel"]Turners where were you when we needed £1m for Taylor??[/quote]

Are they just a couple of Michael Knightons?.....Will we see Mr Turner doing keepy uppy and amazing ball tricks in front of the Barclay before vollying the ball into the net?........Then him and his missus disappearing out of the exit at Carra.........to be Chairpersons/Owners of Wroxham FC? 

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Reading between the lines it seems to me that we probably have £1m-£1.25m to spend in January excluding any incoming money from existing players sold off. Presumably the thinking is that we would be better off trying to get three or four players for that sort of money, and with GR''s contacts that might be possible, rather than put all our eggs in the Taylor basket. At the end of the day why should Birmingham come down from the price QPR have agreed with them at this moment in time. The Briatores and Ecclestones of this world have billions behind them and Karren Brady knows that. Whether Taylor wants to go there is another matter but from Birmingham''s point of view they have agreed a fee for him with QPR and they ain''t likely to come down significantly from that yet when there''s six weeks until the window closes. Someone else may come in before then who is prepared to match the QPR offer and be a club for whom Taylor is prepared to play. Who knows, if we can get good money for some of our surplus misfits, it could still be us.    [/quote]

Yes. Exactly. Good to see some reasoned thoughts in the midst of all the hysteria. For what it''s worth, I don''t think this is over yet.

Matty and Mo are not worth a million , and if we get about 4 players for our reported £1.2 million you can bet your life they will be every bit as good as Grants signings .You get what you pay for simple as that . And if we cannot afford the likes of Taylor why on earth are the Pink Un running stories about us being after Ameobi ? all it does is get peoples hopes up to be knocked down again .

[quote user="cityangel"]Turners where were you when we needed £1m for Taylor??[/quote]

Busy counting the interest on the 2 mill they lent us.

I dont see why people are so infatuated with this couple.

There has NEVER been any indication that they were going to pump big money into the club, the wy i saw it, was that they came in to help streamline a tight ship further.

I wish people would stop pinning there hopes on these two.

[quote user="The Drop"]You get what you pay for simple as that . .[/quote]

Wrong. The problem is you frequently don''t get what you pay for.

Also, you sometimes get more than you pay for. How much was Hux?

Life is a complex business.

[quote user="the1englishman"]

Busy counting the interest on the 2 mill they lent us.

I dont see why people are so infatuated with this couple.

There has NEVER been any indication that they were going to pump big money into the club, the wy i saw it, was that they came in to help streamline a tight ship further.

I wish people would stop pinning there hopes on these two.

[/quote]

So what are they doing to help us get promoted then?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

but could we not sturcture payments to birmingham say 500k now and another 500k at the end of the season... (1 million) plus other sweeteners to the deal depending on appearences, goals, promotion etc.... thats the whole point of transfer Negotiations.. which im led to believe is part of Neil Doncasters job...

[/quote]Against the £1.25 full payment that QPR are offering....... Hmmmm let me think..... which would I accept....?Wanna buy my Alfa Jas.......?

Matty and Mo are not worth a million , and if we get about 4 players for our reported £1.2 million you can bet your life they will be every bit as good as Grants signings .You get what you pay for simple as that . And if we cannot afford the likes of Taylor why on earth are the Pink Un running stories about us being after Ameobi ? all it does is get peoples hopes up to be knocked down again

Totally disagree with this post "The Drop" from your name I assume you are a glass half empty sort of person? Mo and Matty have been certainly equal to, - if not more instrumental - in our recent improvement than Taylor. Without Mo we would have no recognised Left back for Drury - and we have all seen in the past how much we miss him - as for Matty in my opinion he has been our best player for the last month, numerous assists and a man of the match performance aganst Sheffield Utd.

As for getting what you pay for, I suggest you ask Wolves about Kightley and Southend about Eastward and see how much these guys cost. We need good scouts not fat wallets as they don''t stay fat for long in this game.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

As for getting what you pay for, I suggest you ask .......... Southend about Eastward and see how much these guys cost. We need good scouts not fat wallets as they don''t stay fat for long in this game.

[/quote]Luckily our behind the scenes staff (scouts, board)  identified the baggage that comes with such people....... no thanks.

I dont think all is lost yet. I still believe we will get him as he wants to come here and despite what some say, he does have a BIG say about where he wants to go.

Expect another drawn out Hucks saga with maybe a boxing day unveiling..........

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I dont think all is lost yet. I still believe we will get him as he wants to come here and despite what some say, he does have a BIG say about where he wants to go.

Expect another drawn out Hucks saga with maybe a boxing day unveiling..........

[/quote]

Agreed CUSDP

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Yes i remember when i bought shares and bricks in the new stand to pay for Huckerby. Did you? I am slightly aggrieved at feeling like i`ve been totally sh*t on by the board ever since though. And unless you have a totally selective memory you may recall that the initial £1.5m down-payment for Ashton was a direct result of a budget surplus created by the share issues.

A few years ago the club took out short-term loans to pay for land and the infill. £3million of that has to be payed back by the end of next year. Do you think this fact may be having a bearing on the amount the manager currently has to spend? And do you think they were wise and "prudent" financial decisions?

[/quote]

I am awaiting the bestowment of your superior intelligence oh wise one........

[quote user="ron obvious"]

[quote user="The Drop"]You get what you pay for simple as that . .[/quote]

Wrong. The problem is you frequently don''t get what you pay for.

Also, you sometimes get more than you pay for. How much was Hux?

Life is a complex business.

[/quote]

Very good point. I think one of the reasons it`s all kicking off again is that we absolutely know what we could get with Taylor, he wants to come and yet once again the board don`t want to pay the going rate. I know if he signs in January this board will be full of "I told you so`s" but the fact that the board were prepared to lose him for the sake of a few £100k proves the point some of us are trying to make. Trying to do everything (except infrastructure) on the cheap has landed us with Jarrett, Thorne, Louis-Jean, Hughes etc. Wasted wages and false economy. Unless the supporters get this board to wake up you will get what you deserve-more of the same.