Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Karren Brady hits back at Norwich in Martin Taylor row

Karren Brady hits back at Norwich in Martin Taylor rowDec 15 2007By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail KARREN Brady has hit back at Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder, who claimed that the Birmingham City MD had put the block on Martin Taylor''s return loan to Carrow Road.Roeder claimed that Brady only wanted to negotiate a £1.25 million permanent transfer with QPR despite knowing that the centre-half had no interest in moving there.Brady said that as Norwich had not made an offer, she was entirely in her rights to do as she saw fit for the benefit of Blues."As always, the main priority for the board of Birmingham City is our own football club and as such it is our job to ensure that we act in its best interests at all times," said Brady.

"Should clubs wish to make an approach to us with regard to any of our players, we would ask that this is done in the correct and proper manner and not via the media."The board of Birmingham City took the decision not to allow Martin''s emergency loan at Norwich City to be extended; he was only to be made available for a permanent transfer in the January window."Norwich City have been aware of this fact in the build up to Martin''s expiry at Norwich City. No proposal from Norwich has been forthcoming. Martin is a player with talent and a number of clubs, not only with the desire to sign him, but also the money, have contacted us."Should Norwich City wish to buy our player I suggest Glenn should just pick up the phone and call me."

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This has been posted for nearly 3 hours now.

And no response yet?

I''m bumping it up.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s multiple thread disease Bly.  Several posters started the same topic at the same time, and "What the f...." is the one that most have responded to.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

e thread disease Bly.  Several posters started the same topic at the same time, and "What the f...." is the one that most have responded to.

[/quote]....and had posts deleted from

bly its a case of yet again the board telling what they think the fans want to hear, but its bitten them right on the area they sit, the truth is needed, its not in birminghams interest to say they didnt have any contact with norwich.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]So is she calling Glen Roeder a liar then?[/quote]

I think you''ll find Glenn Roeder''s words that you''re talking about in his ghost written column in the local press.

Nuff said?

OTBC

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This has been posted for nearly 3 hours now.

And no response yet?

I''m bumping it up.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s multiple thread disease Bly.  Several posters started the same topic at the same time, and "What the f...." is the one that most have responded to.

[/quote]

Sorry Proph if I''ve made things worse, but I rarely have the time to trawl through all the posts (only drift!). Ho ho ho. That''s a Yarmouth joke. Sorry. I''ll put the cat out now.

OTBC 

[quote]Brady said that as Norwich had not made an offer[/quote]

Is it just lazy Journalism. Perhaps its only half a sentence which should''ve read "Brady said that as Norwich had not made an offer THAT MATCHED THEIR VALUATION.....". However the article does go on and say:

[quote]No proposal from Norwich has been forthcoming[/quote]

Which does appear to suggest that we didn''t even enquire. Or does she mean a "permenant tranfer" proposal was not forthcoming, instead only a view to "extend the loan" was proposed by Glen and NCFC which was refused. I dunno I''m just speculating. Is she lying or not?

It looks like a negotiation stance to me. She is thinking that if there is pressure on the board from the fans, the board will raise the bid for Taylor in Jan. Looks like it is working too.

know who I believe, and it ain''t those pathetic idiots at Carrow Road.........DOOMCASTER made it quite clear in his column in the EDP this week  ''''we will not be spending silly money''''........

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]So is she calling Glen Roeder a liar then?[/quote]

no she isnt, Glen has been led to believe that we have made an offer/loan extension for Tiny from a higher authority... EG the chief exec....

Glen Roeder has put alot of trust into Doncaster and the board to get the personnel here, or certainly to do the nitty gritty business work whilst Glenn sells the club to prospective employees.

I believe Karen Brady. she is a business woman...she knows what it takes to negtioate a deal, We havent made any attempt to get Taylor back at the club...

Neil Doncaster is NOT a business man... a point i have re iterated on here many many times now... he has no idear how to cut a business a deal, talk down a transfer fee when buying or talk up a fee when selling.. thats why we have been taken for a ride time and time again (the sell on clauses with Etuhu and Earnshaw for example.. the Hulse and Howard bids) we need Andy Turner to discuss the deals.... or get in someone with at least a GNVQ in business studies who undertsands how a deal works.. they would contribute far more than Doomcaster ever has.

Failed us yet again Board! he''s your man so when are u going to take the plunge and remove him from that 100,000 a year contract?

jas :)

[quote user="percyp"]know who I believe, and it ain''t those pathetic idiots at Carrow Road.........DOOMCASTER made it quite clear in his column in the EDP this week  ''''we will not be spending silly money''''........[/quote]

Brady has a history of trying to make herself look the aggrieved party! I wouldn''t believe a word she says to be honest!

She is just trying to deflect media interest away from their very strange managment appointment!

The way I have read this sorry saga, for what its worth, is that our board are not prepared to commit themselves, or give an early indication, to what they will be spending in the January transfer window by getting into any long term preparatory talks with Birmingham on Taylor''s future and therefore have only been trying to negotiate over the rest of the December games.

Birmingham for their part, and understandably, want the best price for Martin, but know if he stays with us up to January, he will have even stronger allegiance to the prospect of staying at Norwich and will be effectively soiled goods as far as any other club is concerned. In their thinking, bring him back to Brum, weaken the ties with Norwich, he''s been in the shop window with Norwich for a month os so, and thereby they are likely to get more interest in the player, who they have no interest in keeping. He is just a financial asset at this time and nothing more.

I''ve read plenty of complete rubbish on this board over the years but I still nearly fell off seat when I sa2:

"I believe Karen Brady. she is a business woman..."

Please Jas, tell me that was a clumsy attempt at irony rather than a serious statement.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]It all comes down to do you trust our board or not? for me, thats dead easy to answer...................I don''t!.[:|][/quote]No it doesn''t. It comes down to;- whether you are stating you believe Glenn Roeder to be a liar- whether you have any understanding of negotiating tactics - whether you are prepared to engage your brain before jumping to conclusions. This is not supposed to be a personal remark on you 1st Wizard, I don''t think you are stupid, but you are letting your hatred of the board cloud your judgement. None of us know the story here, so we are going to have to be patient and see what happens in Jan

Surely if you read both Brady and Roeder''s interviews they are both saying the same thing. We approached Brum to extend the loan but did not approach them to extend the loan tied to a permanent transfer in January. The latter is what they were looking for. We were obviously not prepared to commit now instead wanting to use the extended loan to "discuss a permanent move."

Question is therefore why were we not prepared to do an Etuhu type deal where he came on loan and then signed permanently on Jan 1st. Unless they wanted silly money then in my view thats what we should have done. With the fixtures we have between now and the new year a lot of our good work could be undone if we revert to being a shambles at the back again.

Given our Board''s track record, I have no doubt that Karen Brady is telling the truth and that it was made clear to NCFC that BCFC were not interested in extending the loan (through fear of injury) unless concurrently a firm deal was also struck whereby Taylor automatcially became a NCFC platyer when the transfer window re-opened. My guess is that Glenn Roeder was not told the whole truth by the Norwich Board which is why he has come out and said what he has. The words "being economical with the truth" always come to my mind when I have read the various Directors'' utterances over the years.