Sign in to follow this  
T07

Away suppot tonight

I''m (reliably) informed was pathetic tonight. I have to say whenever our ''end'' was shown on TV tonight during our corners 2nd half it looked like 1500 cardboard cutouts.......The criteria for away ticket allocation maybe needs looking at....

[quote user="T07"]I''m (reliably) informed was pathetic tonight. I have to say whenever our ''end'' was shown on TV tonight during our corners 2nd half it looked like 1500 cardboard cutouts.......

The criteria for away ticket allocation maybe needs looking at....
[/quote]

Don''t you ever stop picking holes in anyone or anything, from posters to players and now the travelling support?  Blimey poor ole victor meldrew has nothing on you, oh merry christmas lol [;)][:D]

So how many away games have you gone to this season T07?  I am sure you must be a regular on away matches to have such critical views on those who do spend their time and money supporting the team [:^)]

Having just got back from that dump of a ground I''d say the City fans were making a fair bit of noise under difficult circumstances - ie being squashed in like cattle.

One toilet for the away fans, no hope of getting anywhere near the refreshment bar

''Restricted view'' of the pitch meant it was hard to see what was going on

What a joke. How they are allowed in the Championship with that dump for a ground I do not know.

Forgive me for not singing any louder.

We sold our allocation regardless of how small it is!

The majority of Citys away following this evening would of been able to get a ticket through the loyalty scheme where the more regular fans have first choice of tickets. Even though I know last week that Colchester tickets were on general sale so anyone could of bought one if they wished. Why didn''t you  T07?

We consistently made much more noise than the ColU who were only really heard when they went in front. The quietness of the colU fans was strange. even when they scored the noise generated wasn''t loud, but then again I''m comparing it to our noisy fans!

We have consistently one of the best away following in the league and this is depite Norwich being out on a limb so the travelling distances are further than every club apart from Plymouth and maybe a couple of others!

To critiscise Norwichs away following which has remained more than healthy despite some of the crap served this season (not counting todays in the crap variety cause while it wasn''t a complete performance it wasn''t crap!) is ridiculous.

Ive read some of your rather way overly critically postings on here T07 and its glaringly obvious that you talk a load of s**T! 

[quote user="T07"]I''m (reliably) informed was pathetic tonight. I have to say whenever our ''end'' was shown on TV tonight during our corners 2nd half it looked like 1500 cardboard cutouts.......

[/quote]

We sold our measly allocation, what more could we do, it only holds just over 6000.

Me and a couple of mates made more noise in support of City than most of the away fans-and we were in the home end. And yes, this is a serious post.

I heard On the Ball City loads of times, loud and clear, on the telly. Sounded like the away support was doing us proud as usual.There wasn''t much for them to get animated over though was there? Terrible match.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Me and a couple of mates made more noise in support of City than most of the away fans-and we were in the home end. And yes, this is a serious post.[/quote]There you go....well done I wasn''t there tonight (3000 mile round trip) as I made plain in my post, but know a few who were there working :o)

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Me and a couple of mates made more noise in support of City than most of the away fans-and we were in the home end. And yes, this is a serious post.[/quote]

I don''t know how you worked that out Mr Carrow. I was there and it seemed pretty noisy to me, maybe it was just in the bit I was in but we were spread pretty thinly behind the goal and in the little stand on the side.

I couldn''t hear anything from anyone else apart from a chant of wkaner (?) directed at Jamie.

Rubbish game, rubbish stadium and rubbish burger, bit of a waste of time really!

[quote user="blacko"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Me and a couple of mates made more noise in support of City than most of the away fans-and we were in the home end. And yes, this is a serious post.[/quote]

I don''t know how you worked that out Mr Carrow. I was there and it seemed pretty noisy to me, maybe it was just in the bit I was in but we were spread pretty thinly behind the goal and in the little stand on the side.

I couldn''t hear anything from anyone else apart from a chant of wkaner (?) directed at Jamie.

Rubbish game, rubbish stadium and rubbish burger, bit of a waste of time really!

[/quote]

Had a few mates in the away end and they said the support was poor. Sort of understandable though with it being spread along a long,thin stand. They also said that a few people were more interested in moaning about the view/facilities than getting behind the lads......[8-)]

We enjoyed it though, the most common phrase being "a good retro day out". And the Col.U seemed a decent bunch and put up with us in the home end with only a few sarcastic comments. [Y]

Starting on the away fans now Mr Carrow? Those that got tickets for Colchester are in the main the same fans who over the last few weeks have been to Burnley and Blackpool on a Tuesday night and that crazy trip to Plymouth. So well done to you and your couple of mates for making the effort, we really are not worthy of your support.

"They also said that a few people were more interested in moaning about the view/facilities than getting behind the lads......We enjoyed it though, the most common phrase being "a good retro day out"."

I''m sorry but that is probably a dig at myself, my wife and about 20/30 other people moaning at the crush at the end of the ''left hand side'' behind the goal.

It was like the words ''HIllsborough'' ''Heysel'' and ''Taylor Report'' had never entered the lexicon.

We were squashed in like animals and the stewards just kept shovelling more and more people in, insisting that there was plenty of room up the other end and that they should ''just'' squeeze through (which was impossible, soit got more and more congested until the gangways were all blocked too)

At the same time, the bit of terracing on the other side of the goal had plenty of empty spaces but they wouldn''t let anyone in there.

Crazy.

We complained to the stewards at half time and eventually got moved to the other section.

It was probably one of your mates who told me and my wife to ''f___ off to Old Trafford'' if we wanted decent facilities and that this was "real football" and how it was 20 years ago (this from someone I''m guessing was in his 30s)

Nice attitude when we were complaining on behalf of all the City fans crushed in that entrance/bit of terrace.

I can only assume the "retro loving guys" were there for the first time as that was me on the way there having seen us get thumped 3-0 at Layer Road a few months ago. I was full of it - great place, terrace, rust, asbestos - lovely.

Second time round and I can confirm it''s a dive of the highest order. Once is a novelty. Twice and the joke ain''t quite so funny.

I do think we were quite quiet. That said, we had little to cheer. Well we may have had lots to cheer but you could not see half of it regardless! I had no idea we had scored but just went with it and i was bang in line with the post less than 10 feet from the pitch as it must have gone in.

The original poster may well have had a point. But that said, it''s an utterly worthless point to make. Don''t bite and treat the idiot with the contempt it deserves.

[quote user="Ed Notty"]

The original poster may well have had a point. But that said, it''s an utterly worthless point to make. Don''t bite and treat the idiot with the contempt it deserves.

[/quote]So I''ve got a point about ticket allocation ........or I''m an idiot?  LOLIt is tough when its a wide thin space..... Chelsea was terrible I seem to remember........good turnout but hard to get anything going.....

[/quote]

So what should the allocation policy be then if you don''t think those pathetic away season ticket holders and pathetic season ticket holders who went to 10 away games the previous dire season don''t deserve priority? The bulk of these pathetic fans like me probably also went to qpr, wolves and plymouth too this season.

Does your informant have any pathetic alternative criteria in mind?

Look on the bright side. It''s once a year for you. It''s 23 games plus for us. I thought you lot were fairly loud last night, and let''s face it, you didn''t have much to be loud about, so well done. Yes, it''s a dump, but not long till Cuckoo Farm!

[quote user="T07"]I''m (reliably) informed was pathetic tonight. I have to say whenever our ''end'' was shown on TV tonight during our corners 2nd half it looked like 1500 cardboard cutouts.......The criteria for away ticket allocation maybe needs looking at....[/quote]Before you criticise, try walking a mile in the shoes of the diehard, consistent away supporters. Lets face it, having followed our team to some far flung crevices of the football league and over the last few years they''ve witnessed very little to cheer...yet they have, time and time again!Cut them some slack, for crying out loud...they were sitting through a pretty dire 90 minutes of football - what are they supposed to do, attempt a Mexican wave?I''m a very occasional away supporter, but make no mistake, the support generally by the travelling faithful is far, far more vociferous in terms of percentage who really give it some compared to home games. If we had the same percentage of supporters acually supporting at home games, rather than just observing, Carrow Road would have such an intimidating atmosphere for away teams, we''d win most home games before the players got out of the tunnel.Not that it''s any different to most teams, in fact City manage a pretty decent noise level at home - just a shame its always left up to the Barclay and the Snakepit, bar the occasional polite applause from the city stand, and the kids squeaking at the opposition keeper in the river end...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Starting on the away fans now Mr Carrow? Those that got tickets for Colchester are in the main the same fans who over the last few weeks have been to Burnley and Blackpool on a Tuesday night and that crazy trip to Plymouth. So well done to you and your couple of mates for making the effort, we really are not worthy of your support.

[/quote]

Ummm, i support Norwich City Football Club Nutty, not individual supporters or board members.....And there is a big difference between "having a go" and stating an opinion as me and 7 or so others saw it. No doubt you saw it as a wall of noise from start to finish......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Ummm, i support Norwich City Football Club Nutty, not individual supporters or board members.....And there is a big difference between "having a go" and stating an opinion as me and 7 or so others saw it. No doubt you saw it as a wall of noise from start to finish......[/quote]

I didn''t see it as anything because I couldn''t go. It was one of the matches I have to miss each season through other commitments. You know - just like every AGM and meet the board meetings that you have to miss. [:|]

Jetstream is spot on with his comments!  My other half and I were among the crush at the left hand side.  "Cardboard Cut-outs"  - bloody cheek!  There was no room to raise our arms and wave them about.  I was hanging on to the rail behind me like grim death to stay on my feet!

As for the singing - I think we did reasonably well - compared with the Col-U fans - they were definitely cardboard and totally static - except when they were abusing Jamie Cureton.

We did a particularly rousing chorus of Jingle bells at half time with the marching band.  They were obviously totally unused to that level of singing as they then - very amusingly - seemed to have become totally disorientated and forgot how to get off the pitch, delaying the start of the second half.

Poor game, but don''t knock the away supporters.

Thanks Old Yellow Bird

I''m glad it wasn''t just me who thought the crush was ridiculous for this day and age

I suspect Colchester sold too many tickets for that section and our stewards (yes, there were NCFC stewards there) just stood by an waved people into an already over-crowded terrace.

Oh, and when questioned about it the attitude of the stewards from Eventguard and Col Utd seemed to be a shrug of the shoulders and a ''What do you want us to do about it?''.

There are a vast range of options when considering what to call somebody like you but as one of the ‘cardboard cut outs’ present on Saturday I will refrain for no other reason than the moderators on this forum would delete 99.9% of them. 

Lets help you think about it shall we, it was freezing cold in one of the worse grounds in the country where you couldn’t even have a leak or get a hot drink.  The stewards on the way in  had behaved like a bunch of eighteen fingered inbred cretins, the Martin Taylor debacle was fast unwinding and the truly wretched Neil ‘---- head’ Doomcaster had for the umpteenth time cast his miserable shadow across the club with his most recent column.

Just in case that isn’t enough  we were back in the bottom three, Ipswich has just one and all in all it isn’t a great time to be a Yella but more importantly the 1500 we were there and we did their bit.

Are you any closer on getting handle on why we might have been looking ever so slightly cheesed off?

No?  Well  ---- off and leave us to support our club as best we can which in case you hadn’t noticed is pretty much the envy of every other club in the Championship

Oaf.

Bury Green you deserve a drink for that post.

Don''t worry though - T07 is the only man in the UK who singled out Crouch as a weak link in England''s loss to Croatia. When everyone else in the universe made him the only player to come out with any credit. (who knows what game he was watching.)

He also supports the NCFC board.