Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The reason for yesterday's shambles?

The psychological effect of the board being either unwilling or too poor to go with true vigour for Martin Taylor. The situation climaxing at weekend would have had a very depressing effect on both the players and Glenn Roeder & his staff.

In other words. WTF have I got myself into. I must be working for the church mouse or a bunch of cretins, or maybe a bunch of smallminded w*mps?

It''s obvious to most that Taylor was the talisman behind our recent recovery. The injector of stability, confidence and organisation.

It''s a very difficult situation to deal with mentally and emotionally.

You all know how difficult it can be when you''ve been let down badly? Same way with Glenn and the players.

I hope they can get themselves together for Scunthorpe otherwise much of the recent good work will come undone.

Glen & the players - we''re behind you 100% so long as you give us 100% effort and respect.

As to the board - go take a jump. I don''t like stupidity and I don''t likew*mps and I don''t like attempts to manipulate with spin.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The psychological effect of the board being either unwilling or too poor to go with true vigour for Martin Taylor. The situation climaxing at weekend would have had a very depressing effect on both the players and Glenn Roeder & his staff.

In other words. WTF have I got myself into. I must be working for the church mouse or a bunch of cretins, or maybe a bunch of smallminded w*mps?

It''s obvious to most that Taylor was the talisman behind our recent recovery. The injector of stability, confidence and organisation.

You all know how difficult it can be when you''ve been let down badly? Same way with Glenn and the players.

I hope they can get themselves together for Scunthorpe otherwise much of the recent good work will come undone.

Glen & the players - we''re behind you 100% so long as you give us 100% effort and respect.

As to the board - go take a jump. I don''t like stupidity and I don''t likew*mps and I don''t like attempts to manipulate with spin.

OTBC

[/quote]I don''t like the board, and i''m not happy Martin Taylor isn''t signed yet but to blame the board for yesterday''s showing is quite frankly rididculous.Maybe the team just had an off day? Maybe Glenn didn''t get it right tactically or personnel wise from the outset? Any stick to beat the board with is a good one isn''t it Bly? regardless of how inane and ridiculous that stick is.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t like the board, and i''m not happy Martin Taylor isn''t signed yet but to blame the board for yesterday''s showing is quite frankly rididculous.

Maybe the team just had an off day? Maybe Glenn didn''t get it right tactically or personnel wise from the outset?

Any stick to beat the board with is a good one isn''t it Bly? regardless of how inane and ridiculous that stick is.
[/quote]

Well you obviously have little or no understanding of psychology.

Helps to explain why you support lippy Americans over lippy Britons, I suppose.

Dear oh dear.

Who should take responsibility for not getting Taylor in - in your view? The fans? Duh!

OTBC

[/quote]

BBB I think you might just be guilty of bending the evidence to suit your opinion here.  The loss of Taylor was a blow (I too hope the Board face up to the need to pay the going rate to get him here in January) and our defence certainly looked poorer for his absence as Shackell reverted to type alongside a relatively solid looking Doc.  But to extrapolate his loss to the entire reason why we failed to win seems extreme.  Afterall,  a team so rocked by the absence of one man would surely have folded after going behind rather than pulling their socks up and forcing a late leveller wouldn''t they?

Last night was (in comparison to recent performances) an off night and hardly a shock as an away win at Blackpool was hardly the sign of a complete reversal in our away days blues that go back to at least Premiership days.  Likewise, tactically Roeder got it wrong this time - no width to get round the back of the home defence until Hucks appeared and we looked a greater threat. Add to that the poor weather, pressure of a relegation six-pointer and a ground devoid of atmosphere and I think you have the real reason for the performance.

Bly - another post where you have taken one factor and totally twisted it to suit your negative attitude towards the club.  You are becoming very monotonous and very boring.

I kind of agree with you BBB...

This would definitely have been a factor that contributed to the poor performance.

I don''t think it was the only factor.

Good fight back, thought we had a better second half (better in a loose sense of the term) and fair draw.

Everybody was average but at least it''s another game for Roeder to take points from and improve the team

We''re out of relegation, would have been alot worse had we lost, mentally for the players!

Bring on the next game. Huckerby will be starting me thinks...

[/quote]Erm, wasn''t that Glenn Roeder? Anyway Taylor played in the dismal 0-3 loss to Plymouth.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]I don''t like the board, and i''m not happy Martin Taylor isn''t signed yet but to blame the board for yesterday''s showing is quite frankly rididculous.Maybe the team just had an off day? Maybe Glenn didn''t get it right tactically or personnel wise from the outset? Any stick to beat the board with is a good one isn''t it Bly? regardless of how inane and ridiculous that stick is.[/quote]

Well you obviously have little or no understanding of psychology.

Helps to explain why you support lippy Americans over lippy Britons, I suppose.

Dear oh dear.

Who should take responsibility for not getting Taylor in - in your view? The fans? Duh!

OTBC

[/quote]I have little understanding of psychology? really?On the basis I am not prepared to say the only factor in our defeat was because Taylor wasn''t there, because it simply isn''t true? There hasn''t been a single post in the 6 since your original that supports your narrowminded opinion. Even people who accept your original point, which is dubious at best have stated they don''t think it was the only factor. Does that tell you something or are we all just morons for not seeing it for what it obviously is?Also i fail to see what relevance who I supported in a boxing match has on my knowledge of psychology? please elaborate on this seemingly strange point?Who says we haven''t got Taylor? Who says all is lost? Taylor hasn''t said that, neither has Glenn, neither have our board or the Birmingham board.Who is responsible for putting the ball in net and actually kicking the football around the pitch? the board? or the players?We had a bad performance, the players did not stop being able to play football just because Taylor wasn''t there. Grow up and stop trying to pariah the board. I will criticise them when they are wrong, as they are a lot of the time, but the players and tactics are to blame for this, to try and lay the blame at the board''s feet is ludicrous.By the way, will someone please remind me to congratulate David Gill for scoring at Anfield today and leading Man United to victory? Confused [8-)]

I guess I''m supporting the thrust of what BBB says. I''m not saying there is a direct link between the performance at Layer Road and the failure to retain Taylor, but I feel it would have been a contributory factor. Just imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room when the defensive leader and classiest defender we have had for a very long time suddenly disappears unexpectedly. I''m sure the players would have expected Taylor''s loan extension to be a given. We haven''t got Taylor for the busy Christmas period, 6 games I understand, 13% of the season, because the loan extension and the transfer were linked by Birmingham. We know Huckerby is upset by the lack of quality footballers. Now, Pattison, Camara and Evans will be wondering whether it is worth coming to Norwich if money is so tight. All the stops should have been pulled out on this because players of Taylor''s quality are few and far between. Even, if we do get him in January, we may well be in trouble again because of lapses by Doc and Shacks over the holiday period. And remember Taylor puts the ball in the net, unlike Shax and Doc.I''m sure Roeder is toeing the party line over this but I bet he is bloody upset with the board as much as with Birmingham.

Kick It Off - Very good point, made very well!!! I don''t understand why everybody jumps on the boards back as soon as a bad performance is shown.

The fans, the players, the management, the backroom staff AND the board all need to stick together and support one another if we are to get out of the problem we are in. We ARE a good club. We SHOULD be in the top half of the table, at least! GR has done a very good job since joining us and I believe he will continue to as he has the backing of the board. They know what they are doing. They don''t just have their jobs just on merit. Remember the doubters when GR was appointed? Blame the board etc etc. Now look what he has achieved. If everybody sticks together, and supports one another, this club will be back where it belongs in no time!

<<The fans, the players, the management, the backroom staff AND the board

all need to stick together and support one another if we are to get out

of the problem we are in.>>But that is the point Bly is making. The players and manager have changed things around  very quickly and one of the main contributors was Taylor.  As quickly as he arrived and  made a difference,  he has also disappeared suddenly during one of the key periods of the season. The players  and manager have been doing their part.  The financial side wasn''t sorted out  and so Taylor''s permanent transfer in January, which Birmingham linked to the loan extension over the Christmas period. Taylor was a leader and key component of the team. He will be missing for at least six games, if not forever. That is to do with the commercial side of the club. We don''t have money to throw away but Taylor would have been a great investment - we have had a road test and we liked what we saw.

No - the real reason for a poor performance from Saturday''s team is that the players in the team performed poorly on Saturday. It''s not exactly Wittgenstein.Once again, there''s an attempt to shift all the responsibility from the players to <insert your personal scapegoat here> which is what''s dogged us for more than a decade.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Erm, wasn''t that Glenn Roeder? Anyway Taylor played in the dismal 0-3 loss to Plymouth.
[/quote]

On the field of play. OK.

OTBC

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Erm, wasn''t that Glenn Roeder? Anyway Taylor played in the dismal 0-3 loss to Plymouth.
[/quote]

Taylor has been improving with each game IMO.    As for Plymouth, that game proved that if the midfield can''t even make a single pass to another city play you arent gonna do very well at this game.

OTBC

[/quote]

Congratulations - you are a WINNER!  

''Most obvious Pink''un post by attention-seeking ''supporter'' after one poor performance''.

Well done, you should be proud of yourself.

Sack the board! Sack Roeder! Put the team on an island and bomb them! We only got a draw!

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Congratulations - you are a WINNER!  

''Most obvious Pink''un post by attention-seeking ''supporter'' after one poor performance''.

Well done, you should be proud of yourself.

Sack the board! Sack Roeder! Put the team on an island and bomb them! We only got a draw!

[/quote]

No, your majesty. Just fire the board.

Interfering with Roeder would be lese majeste. This is my well known opinion - so don''t try & get clever by putting words in my mouth.

If you have faith in this board after eleven years, then you must be both a pretender and a loser.

Why don''t you put your brain in gear before letting your whatever loose on the keyboard?

OTBC 

Well I agree with BBB and Mudman and while I''m putting in two pence can the Turners please get Doncaster to stop issuing depressing statements in the press. I know of no well run successful business that allows an accountant or a solicitor to represent it''s PR. His annoying negative ramblings certainly depress me and as for comparing us with Luton!!!

BTW Icecream Snow, Taylor was injured and replaced after about 20 minutes in the Plymouth away match and things went markedly downhill thereafter

Martin Sorrell, an accountant, and  founder Chairman of advertising and PR company WPP does most of the PR for his company. But he is probably the exception that proves the rule!

[quote user="Mud Man"]Martin Sorrell, an accountant, and  founder Chairman of advertising and PR company WPP does most of the PR for his company. But he is probably the exception that proves the rule!
[/quote]

Yebbut nobbut he''s a PR man running a PR company.  Of course it works.  It''s the equivalent of a football man running a football club.  Which is what we want.  Isn''t it?

I rest my case.