Sign in to follow this  
SouthamptonCanary

January Transfer Window......Adam Virgo.......What do you think?

I watched the Norwich vs Colchester match on the TV at the wkend and while it was a very poor match I was quite impressed with the Colchester centre back Adam Virgo.  He is currently on loan to them from Celtic and I was thinking that he could be a great addition to us.  When he was at Brighton he had a great reputation but since his £1.5m move north of the border things haven''t quite worked out for him.  If we could get Taylor and Virgo in January we would have one of the most solid pairings at the back in the championship.

What does everyone think?

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]At this moment in time people are still 50-50 on weather we''ll even end up with just Taylor.[/quote]

Fair point, but regardless of us getting Taylor or not I think he could be just the kind of player we need and if we did have both that would be a major brucie bonus!!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]At this moment in time people are still 50-50 on weather we''ll even end up with just Taylor.[/quote]

That is a fair point but I was just trying to say that I think regardless of us getting Taylor or not he would be a great addition to the team and that if we could get both we would have a very solid defence in my opinion

He did have a good game, however I saw him play for Col U recently against Watford and he looked pretty average. He messed up big time for Marlon King''s goal when he attempted to head a long ball back and simply fell over. Taylor is a much better option. AMBITION!

Mirror today are reporting Taylors move to Qpr as a done deal , and with all the sniping going on i think you can forget him now , wont be coming back .

[quote user="Spartan"]He did have a good game, however I saw him play for Col U recently against Watford and he looked pretty average. He messed up big time for Marlon King''s goal when he attempted to head a long ball back and simply fell over. Taylor is a much better option. AMBITION![/quote]

I agree I would have taylor over Virgo all day long.  But I do also know from watching him as a youngster down at Brighton that if we can''t get Taylor this guy could be a good option. 

Either way it doesn''t really matter unless the board can come up with some money for Glenn to spend we won''t get either

I live in Brighton and when he was sold to Celtic for £1.5mill even the most ardent Brighton fan couldn''t believe it - there was much talk of Strachan doing Brighton a favour (McGhee must have the negatives....).

Virgo is most certainly not better than what we have here.

I live in Brighton and when he was sold to Celtic for £1.5mill even the most ardent Brighton fan couldn''t believe it - there was much talk of Strachan doing Brighton a favour (McGhee must have the negatives....).

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

I watched the Norwich vs Colchester match on the TV at the wkend and while it was a very poor match I was quite impressed with the Colchester centre back Adam Virgo.  He is currently on loan to them from Celtic and I was thinking that he could be a great addition to us.  When he was at Brighton he had a great reputation but since his £1.5m move north of the border things haven''t quite worked out for him.  If we could get Taylor and Virgo in January we would have one of the most solid pairings at the back in the championship.

What does everyone think?

[/quote]

I think we should go for Danny Granville. Atleast he can score aswell.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

IMO that simply isn''t true, I know a lot of Brighton fans having grown up in the area who watched Brighton week in week out and they were diappointed when Virgo left Brighton becasue he was generally seen as one of there best players.   I think they saw it as a good deal because they have no money and £1.5m for a young player made good business sense to a club with nothing. 

I''m not saying he is the best player in the world and i haven''t seen him play since he left Brighton (because is used to get free tickets) but when i watched the match at layer road the other night and how well he played it just reminded me of how we could really do with someone like him.  I might be wrong but its just an opinion based on seeing him as a youngster and watching that one match.