Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For your own good and reputation Glen...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I think you realise that neither of us are in posession of all the facts on this one Wiz, or indeed any "one" [:)]

Just chill out and see what Santa gives you in January.

Who knows, maybe there''s a centre back that Uncle Glenn knows about who is as good as Taylor, and not about to cost us 4 million over 4 years ?

Just a thought.

[/quote]Spot on. Do we know each other?

[quote user="T07"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

I think you realise that neither of us are in posession of all the facts on this one Wiz, or indeed any "one" [:)]

Who knows, maybe there''s a centre back that Uncle Glenn knows about who is as good as Taylor, and not about to cost us 4 million over 4 years ?

Just a thought.

[/quote]

Spot on. Do we know each other?
[/quote]

Probably, i should imagine you work together on the Board Neil!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="T07"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Just a thought.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh Arthur! That was a bit naughty.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Hands up who thinks that our board can outbid the 2 richest men in formula 1 ?

[/quote]

1 million was Brums asking price, and Taylor wants to come here......................guess who would have won that little bidding fiasco Blah?.

[/quote]

The board were never going to fork out the kind of money that was necessary to bring Taylor in. Sadly our mini revival is now likely to founder on the boards lack of ambition.

It will only be scraps come January. You all know it''s true.You have had your fun baiting Smudger in recent weeks but at the end of the day he''s not far wrong is he?

[/quote]

I said that we would spen nothing in the Summer (we are still short of the money that we received for Earnie, Etuhu and Safri).

Have also said to the fellow City fans that I know that the maximum that we will spend in the January transfer window would be somewhere between £1million and £1.5million.

Basically all in all a budget that ensured that we were always going to be a team flirting with the relegation zone again this year rather than the right end of the table.

Unfortunately this year there appears to be too little left in the tank to ensure that safety is certain.

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

Come on everyone cheer up a little bit!!  Ok it is disappointing that we have lost Tiny and I would now be very surprised if we get him in January but he is only one 1 player.  Ok 1 very good player that we would all have loved to see stay but it is still a team game and the team is doing well and fingers crossed that Glenn has got someone else in mind to bring in.  It would appear that to sign Taylor would have meant using virtually the whole transfer kitty for January meaning no other signing.  At least we have a transfer kitty available in January and i think if Taylor had taken all that up then we have made the right chose not sign him.  We need more than just 1 centre back.

Xmas is going to be difficult now but we do now have The Doc back and despite what many people say and he does have his flaws he can play well in the championship plus with Ched Evan in the team up front Dublin is not need up front as much so he can also play centre back so it isn''t all doom and gloom just because Tiny Taylor has left. 

[/quote]

So what is the alternative???

Sign more unproven cheap c**p???

It is exactly that kind of thinking by our board and it''s many apologetic supporters that has seen NCFC fall to the awful position it finds itself in today.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

1 million was Brums asking price, and Taylor wants to come here......................guess who would have won that little bidding fiasco Blah?.

[/quote]

The board were never going to fork out the kind of money that was necessary to bring Taylor in. Sadly our mini revival is now likely to founder on the boards lack of ambition.

It will only be scraps come January. You all know it''s true.You have had your fun baiting Smudger in recent weeks but at the end of the day he''s not far wrong is he?

[/quote]

I don''t really think people have said Smudger is right or wrong. People don''t like Smudger because of his extreme view that you either follow him (and Cluck) to their exact word or you''re a sheep with no mind.

[/quote]

oh???

I think you will find that the majority of posters on here have said that I am wrong over one issue or another (especially the central issue of how I feel about those running our club).

Ricardo himself was one of many who this time last year was sharpening the knives every time I mentioned Delia''s name.

Ricardo started to see sense when what I predicted came true in the summer transfer window.

Myself and Nutty have rarely had cross words despite disagreeing on almost everything.

Arthur is a poster who I largely agree with on most things who has of late had more criticism from myself than most other posters on the forum.

Fact is that this board of directors and those who have continually stood in their defence over the past two years or so have all but killed this club.

It still seems that the majority are willing to give the board the one last chance that could see them break the final strands that are holding us this side of the relegation trap door.

There are however many thousands of long term fans that are very disenchanted and unhappy who will have no part of it.  They saw this coming months/years ago and have been shouted down at every opportunity by those of you who quite frankly deserve a club in the 3rd tier of English football (at best).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t really think people have said Smudger is right or wrong. People don''t like Smudger because of his extreme view that you either follow him (and Cluck) to their exact word or you''re a sheep with no mind.

[/quote]

oh???

I think you will find that the majority of posters on here have said that I am wrong over one issue or another (especially the central issue of how I feel about those running our club).

Ricardo himself was one of many who this time last year was sharpening the knives every time I mentioned Delia''s name.

Ricardo started to see sense when what I predicted came true in the summer transfer window.

Myself and Nutty have rarely had cross words despite disagreeing on almost everything.

Arthur is a poster who I largely agree with on most things who has of late had more criticism from myself than most other posters on the forum.

Fact is that this board of directors and those who have continually stood in their defence over the past two years or so have all but killed this club.

It still seems that the majority are willing to give the board the one last chance that could see them break the final strands that are holding us this side of the relegation trap door.

There are however many thousands of long term fans that are very disenchanted and unhappy who will have no part of it.  They saw this coming months/years ago and have been shouted down at every opportunity by those of you who quite frankly deserve a club in the 3rd tier of English football (at best).

[/quote]Hmmm.Whilst some of what you say is true - some of it isn''t and most of it when true is not the whole truth. The fact is Smudger you were wrong, you said that this would happen last season and it didn''t. You can not claim a victory for saying the same thing over and over again untill it happens! Last season you predicted that we would loose nearly every game, as in before games you would say we would loose them. You also said we would be relegated. That never happened.And another point to make here is that we haven''t yet been relegated and your original stance as per last season was that we would be. Now according to your sort of logic last season Ricardo won and this season has a lot of life still left in it. No one has one anything.As for trying to suggest that the amount of money spent equates to being able to base an argument for or against promotion is crazy. For example, how much have Bristol City spent?Then there is the final argument, you said that the board had messed up with Grant - on that you were right but then many others also said that to begin with, when it was hotly argued that he did not have the credentials and experience for it. Some were convinced by the way he went about bringing players in - others were less easily pleased.But one thing you can not take away from the board and that is they brought in a new manager, one that has managed to turn the team around and so far is seemingly doing all of the right things.If you are to take credit away from the board for Grant then you have to give credit back to the board for Roeder.And as for your arguments regarding money - they are never substanciated, like most of your arguments, so do expect people to be less patient with them.And last of all:"There are however many thousands of long term fans that are very

disenchanted and unhappy who will have no part of it.  They saw this

coming months/years ago and have been shouted down at every opportunity

by those of you who quite frankly deserve a club in the 3rd tier of

English football (at best)."Where are your facts? Where are these thousands of long term fans that are so incredibly disenchanted and unhappy and who will have no part of it? Obviously not the best part of 25,000 that turn up every week? I am quite sure that you may have a few friends that are not happy with our league position at the moment - many of us are, but it does not mean that we all want the board to go jump! It is an assumption and nothing more than a brash generalisation.Our board is so inept but most other teams in our position a few weeks ago would not have had the ability to bring in a new manager and new faces without some real financial struggle. As it is it looks like more funds are being made available for January. I wouldn''t say that is too bad considering there are other teams that faced with that dilema would have little clout to throw in an attempt to battle their way out.

There are however many thousands of long term fans that are very

disenchanted and unhappy who will have no part of it.  They saw this

coming months/years ago and have been shouted down at every opportunity

by those of you who quite frankly deserve a club in the 3rd tier of

English football (at best)
What % of the thousands of disenchanted and unhappy souls turned up for your well publicised protest then Smudger?

[quote user="Smudger"]

oh???

[/quote]

Funny that, isn''t it.  Perhaps it has something to do with you always being negative about anything and everything relating to NCFC.  For instance, you actively wanted the binners to win the derby match, you insisted that we were certainties for relegation with c10 games to go last season, and so on - there are so many examples it really wouldn''t take long to find more.  Is it really surprising that people said you were wrong about these things?  Are you so arrogant that you are suggesting that we should just be sheep who agree with all your (often misguided) opinions? 

The whole point is that there is no absolute right and wrong in all of this, just opinion; just because you shout louder or more often than someone else doesn''t make your opinion right. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Slam the door on your way out Wiz, there''s a good chap.

* Slam *.

Thank god for that, it was getting draughty.  Oh the melodrama.

[/quote]

And one of them coming from Bungay too!

Makes one''s heart bleed for our poor little girl, don''t it?

OTBC

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="T07"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Just a thought.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh Arthur! That was a bit naughty.

[/quote]

Troops from the main office actually.

OTBC