Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For your own good and reputation Glen...

Resign!.

It never did Martin O''Neil any harm, and lets face it mate, the board will never back you with hard cash or give you the tools to finish the job.

And when it all goes t*ts up (as it will now without Tiny) you''ll get the blame for their failings................again!.

Best of luck Glen and thanks for all your hard work.

Slam the door on your way out Wiz, there''s a good chap.

* Slam *.

Thank god for that, it was getting draughty.  Oh the melodrama.

Hands up who thinks that our board can outbid the 2 richest men in formula 1 ?

Subtelty and reason were never your strong points were they Wiz...

Come its not just Taylor, its nearly every player worth having we loose out on.We must compete to survive otherwise whats the point, relegation will cost us a fortune we still have to win 9/10 games to survive and the staff before the loanees have shown they aint up to that so come on board back the manager he cant do the job with tied hands.

Not exactly enhancing your own reputation wiz with childish rants like this. We''ve returned a loan player back to his parent club after a successful loan period which has got us out of the bottom three, but for whatever reason, couldn''t negotiate a longer deal. So what ? Of course we would all liked to have kept him but not at any price.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

1 million was Brums asking price, and Taylor wants to come here......................guess who would have won that little bidding fiasco Blah?.

Dear Santa Claus, It''s been so long
So long since I have written
Since as a kid in happy house I dwelled
I''ve moved from there and now I live
On disillusion avenue
And I''ve been here longer than I care to tell

The twinkling bells of hope and joy
The laughter that rang in my voice
Have silenced more and more as time goes by
Those treasured gifts from other years
Are tarnished, lost or stained with tears
So Santa would you bring a new supply

I''ll be hanging up my empty heart this Christmas
Please fill it full with love and hope and cheer
My faith is gone, my courage low, my patience ran out long ago
Dear Santa Claus I need so much this year

Bring a basket of forgetfulness to cover up the bitterness
And the grudges that I''ve gathered through the years
And leave a large bag of forgiveness
To give out to those who robbed me
Of my laughter that sometimes filled my eyes with tears
And Santa please a box piled high with love and understanding
That I could share with all my neighbours and my friends
And leave one new temper cause I lost mine
Lost it one too many times
And make the new one longer if you can

I''ll be hanging up my empty heart this Christmas
Please fill it full with love and hope and cheer
Tuck in some smiles to give away and some to wear for every day
Dear Santa Claus I need so much this year

Please Santa fill my empty heart this year

Love 1st Wizard x

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

1 million was Brums asking price, and Taylor wants to come here......................guess who would have won that little bidding fiasco Blah?.

[/quote]

I think you realise that neither of us are in posession of all the facts on this one Wiz, or indeed any "one" [:)]

Just chill out and see what Santa gives you in January.

Who knows, maybe there''s a centre back that Uncle Glenn knows about who is as good as Taylor, and not about to cost us 4 million over 4 years ?

Just a thought.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Not exactly enhancing your own reputation wiz with childish rants like this.

[/quote]

Basicly Lappin I don''t give a flying stuff for any reputation I may or may not have![:|]

4 out 5 wins people start living in cuckoo land, Taylor was the centre back Roeder wanted and his judgement should be backed, this board will not spend that is obvious, Roeder is the man, i want us to win every game, i am city through and through but this board will destroy us, i cant see why people remain loyal to them, am i missing something.

This is getting seriously boring.  If you look through all Taylor''s quotes, he sounded at best non-commital about being here - this was a chance to get first team football, nothing else.  He never indicated a willingness or desire to stay, so the asking price and alleged failure to match it isn''t even relevant.  He didn''t want to play for Norwich full time.  Thanks for the effort, good luck, bye.  Calling for Roeder to resign is simply pathetic message-board attention seeking.

Roeder sent out all the vibes Taylor was a man he wanted and says the brummies were being stubborn, did not say Taylor did not want to be here, believe what you like, we will all see in january the extent of this boards ambition, imo we will throw loads of names around as per usual and end up with the scraps again.

Roeder praised Norwich''s directors for backing his efforts to land Taylor.

He said: “The board have bent over backwards to help me. A lot of managers won''t have any money to spend in January so the fact that we have some money is very encouraging.

“The deal was always going to be very expensive and we need more than one player in January.

“We need more quality in this squad. Matty Pattison''s done very well and we have to make a decision on him.”

Sounds like the board were prepared to get Taylor, but made it clear this would likely to be all the transfer budget spent on one player. Seems like the final decision was up to Glenn.

wiz seriously its not one player that makes a team its dissapointing but not division 1 material,  please avoid the melodramawatch for january mate then vilify if necessarynobodys happy where we are, and im a long time supporter

the thing is that all we have to do is match what birmingham want, qpr can offer all they like for a player yet its were the player wants to go  so as long as the club are willing to pay the asking price the selling club is fine, this happened with david beckham, he chose real madrid yet there offoer for him was well below barcelona and ac milan, we all know taylor said hed like to stay here so if we matched brums asking price hed no doubt sign for us, many players have gone to a club that they want to play for even tho that club has actually offered less then the other clubs, sharpe for instance, went to sheffield united, even tho we offered more for him, eastwood was the same, we offered just as much as wolves but he went there, unless the manager is backed and actually can meet asking prices then the only place were going is down, and remember yes qpr have  wealthy backers but so do norwich, a ten mill war chest is hardly going to be missed by the turners, hell id even be happy if they gave a ten mill war chest in a loan form as then theyd get the money back anyway,a decent centre back for the club is going to cost at least a mill, so if we cant get taylor for 1.25 mill then wat hope do we have of getting another decent defender

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The board were never going to fork out the kind of money that was necessary to bring Taylor in. Sadly our mini revival is now likely to founder on the boards lack of ambition.

It will only be scraps come January. You all know it''s true.You have had your fun baiting Smudger in recent weeks but at the end of the day he''s not far wrong is he?

Come on everyone cheer up a little bit!!  Ok it is disappointing that we have lost Tiny and I would now be very surprised if we get him in January but he is only one 1 player.  Ok 1 very good player that we would all have loved to see stay but it is still a team game and the team is doing well and fingers crossed that Glenn has got someone else in mind to bring in.  It would appear that to sign Taylor would have meant using virtually the whole transfer kitty for January meaning no other signing.  At least we have a transfer kitty available in January and i think if Taylor had taken all that up then we have made the right chose not sign him.  We need more than just 1 centre back.

Xmas is going to be difficult now but we do now have The Doc back and despite what many people say and he does have his flaws he can play well in the championship plus with Ched Evan in the team up front Dublin is not need up front as much so he can also play centre back so it isn''t all doom and gloom just because Tiny Taylor has left. 

yeah to true ricardo, but hey when we all say something against the board were all expected to drop wat were doing and be at  smudgers side protesting as if we havent got anything else to do, the problem is that all these people who are saying ti isnt the boards fault its taylors are making excuses for the failings of the board, we were told at the begining of the season that money was there to spend in august but nothing really materialised and now weve been told theres money to spend in january but its not enough to get a decent palyer in like taylor, so how much is there and were do they expect this classy defender is going to come from for less then taylor yet still leave roeder with money for other signings,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]yeah to true ricardo, but hey when we all say something against the board were all expected to drop wat were doing and be at  smudgers side protesting as if we havent got anything else to do, the problem is that all these people who are saying ti isnt the boards fault its taylors are making excuses for the failings of the board, we were told at the begining of the season that money was there to spend in august but nothing really materialised and now weve been told theres money to spend in january but its not enough to get a decent palyer in like taylor, so how much is there and were do they expect this classy defender is going to come from for less then taylor yet still leave roeder with money for other signings,
[/quote]

I have found that it is pointless trying to argue with the Boards defenders.

I would hate to see it happen, but perhaps Smudger and Cluck are right and we need disaster to befall us if we are ever going to get rid of the present owners.

We all know that we got £5 million in transfer sales and spent only £3million on purchases. Where is the transfer fund when we need it and where is the Turners contribution. If multi millionaire fans can''t help out then its time to look for new owners with a bit of financial muscle.

All this financial rectitude and nice little family club nonsense is only going to lead us in one direction. Oblivion.

The nature of the game is changing fast. The ultra rich are taking over clubs now. It''s becoming just like American football in the NFL. The train is now leaving the station and if we don''t hop on soon we will be left behind.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The board were never going to fork out the kind of money that was necessary to bring Taylor in. Sadly our mini revival is now likely to founder on the boards lack of ambition.

It will only be scraps come January. You all know it''s true.You have had your fun baiting Smudger in recent weeks but at the end of the day he''s not far wrong is he?

[/quote]

I don''t really think people have said Smudger is right or wrong. People don''t like Smudger because of his extreme view that you either follow him (and Cluck) to their exact word or you''re a sheep with no mind.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]we all know taylor said hed like to stay here so if we matched brums asking price hed no doubt sign for us, many players have gone to a club that they want to play for even tho that club has actually offered less then the other clubs, sharpe for instance, went to sheffield united, even tho we offered more for him, eastwood was the same, we offered just as much as wolves but he went there,

unless the manager is backed and actually can meet asking prices then the only place were going is down, and remember yes qpr have  wealthy backers but so do norwich, a ten mill war chest is hardly going to be missed by the turners, hell id even be happy if they gave a ten mill war chest in a loan form as then theyd get the money back anyway,

[/quote]

Hang on, surely the board never match anyone''s offer, ever, because they''re so tight fisted? You can''t have it both ways.

And the Turners won''t miss the odd £10 mil? I don''t know what kind of business you''re in, but there are only a very, very few very, very rich people around who commit that sort of money without being very, very sure of a return. Otherwise they don''t stay rich very long.

We''re all looking for our guardian angel to turn up with brain damage & a suitcase full of cash. Meantime we have to live in the real world. Which can be exciting, like it is at the moment.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]we all know taylor said hed like to stay here[/quote]

He didn;t say that in the TV interview I saw, he said he would have a few days to think about his decision..he''d enjoyed his time here etc etc

If this board cant keep up with the financial demands needed to make our club successful they should get on their bike and leave it to somebody who can, i dont want to hear nobody would take us, thats bxllxcks,

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I think you realise that neither of us are in posession of all the facts on this one Wiz, or indeed any "one" [:)]

[/quote]

These are facts from Roeder''s interview

Taylor and family changed their minds and wanted to move

We didnt match the asking price

Roeder and Taylor are both disappointed

What more is there to know?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

These are facts from Roeder''s interview

Taylor and family changed their minds and wanted to move

We didnt match the asking price

Roeder and Taylor are both disappointed

What more is there to know?

[/quote]

The transfer window is still closed?

the point is that if we matched qprs offer hed be playing here simple as and at 1.25mill its a decent deal, he wants to come here, hes not needed at brum, he doesnt want to go to qpr, hes only gonna cost 1.25 mill, wheres the problem the problem is the board arent willing to spend the amount needed, relegation could well cost the club in excess of 10 to 20 mill

Where on earth did you get the figure of 1m from? The two figures I saw quoted in the press were 1.25m and 2.5m for Tiny and Vine together. We have no real idea what QPR bid, what we bid, what Brum want or even what we have already spent in loan fees. Unless you think Roeder is a liar, we do know that he is happy with the support he got from the board. But that doesn''t tie in with your hysterically negative view of the board, does it?