Sign in to follow this  
Lonnie Lynn (Common)

Favourite chant heard??

i remember reading some poll and the voted best chant of the season was some fans singing "you should have stayed in a burger, stayed in a burrrrger" to colchester goalkeeper Dean Gerkin...

Brilliant post!!  I also quite like boo.  Don''t have a favourite though, as nearly all our chants are crap (particularly that Ipswich fan on a string nonsense).  I thought the one West Ham fans had for Van Persie, when they played Arsenal a few years ago and he had just been done for "getting over friendly with a girl" was funny.  Can''t post it here though, far too rude!!

Mine was away fans (Hibs I think...) in a scottish match against Rangers just after Andy Goram got diagnosed with mild schizophrenia singing: ''two Andy Gorams, there''s only two Andy Gorams''

By far the funniest has to be against Chelsea in the Prem. season.  " We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken *itch........ was quickly followed by a reply from us, " We''ve got a super cook, you''ve got a Russian crook", probably the best banter between fans i''d heard in a long time, and believe it or not friendly.

Never Blue, Never Ever

Boo is a good one because everybody knows the word, therefore everybody can join in (even the River End contingent sometimes join in on this one!!). My personal favourite, however, is the chant accusing the referee of being an onanist.

There have been some good chants but a couple of my favorites have to be:

To Dean Gerkin - Your dad''s a cucumber your dad''s a cucumber

Spurs fans to Sol Campbell - Campbell loves Barrymore Campbell loves Barrymore

This season Charlton vs Southampton - Andy Reid takes a corner in front of the Charlton fans to the chants of Reidie Readie.  He takes the corner only for it to go straight back out of play for another corner this time in front of the Southampton fans and the chants of You fat bastard You fat bastard.  The contrast in the space of 15 seconds was fantastic!!

I know it''s not a great/funny chant but it gave me more pleasure than anything else in the last 10 years and it''s singing ''Top of The League at Portman Rd'' all day long after we went top at Portaloo Road!!

I like the "we shoot burglars, say we shoot burglars" - when we were 4-0 down away at birmingham just after the Tony Martin case. It made a welcome return at Stoke this season.I also loved the the "we love you 221..." aimed at a security guard with aforementioned number emblazoned on his jacket at Wolves this season. Probably the most entertaining bit of the day were the chants aimed at him. after a period of about 75mins sitting down, he stood up and I started "you''re not sitting anymore" - was quite pleased with myself on that count.Other classics include: Toon fans to JF Hasselbaink. He even laughed!: "You''re just a fat Eddie Murphy"                                 
                    To Graham Rix when he was released from prison after being convicted for, well, you know... (To the                      Manic Street Preachers song): "If you tolerate RIX, then your children will be next"

Park Park wherever you may be                     You eat dogs in your home country                      It could be worse                      You could be scouse                      They eat rats in their council house

we shoot burglers, a bit old these days, but lovce it all the same.

On the flip side, never quite understood the dross that is "Huckerby..... huckerby". Surely a bouncier, "we do the huck, huck, huck, huckerby" could sound better? I''m quite partial to doing the huck wherever I go.

I was once with a mate as a Barnsley game (he''s a fan, I was bored) in the home end. One song they sing which is sung around quite a bit is (to the music of Blue Moon)...

Brazil, Its just like watching Brazil, its just like Brazil....

Home fans had been singing this for a good few minutes, when quite a few cops walked past the crowed. Instantly, the lyrics changed to...

The Bill, Its just like watching The Bill, its just like watching The Bill......

I liked the Tony Martin one.

Also "EASY EASY" and "we''re gonna win 7-6" when 6-0 down at Fulham!

The Safri song, "Moroccans all over the world" was good, and i also loved the Bellamy song - "oh bellamy, bella bellla bellamy".

For irony "You''re supposed to be at home" at home to Coventry when the fixtrures had been reversed.

I know i''m going to get grief for this and i''m not saying it''s the best i''ve ever heard but it does stick in the mind.At the time of the Yorkshire Ripper (mr Sutcliffe) a popular song to Leeds fans to the tune of ''Always look on the bright side of life'' was ''Always look in a field for your wife''!!

Used to love the George Burley song when he was scum manager.  The away fans used to look really confused when we all started clapping along for no reason.  Classic.

Paul McVeigh''s song was also really good.

But my favourite, favourite all time chant has to be ''dig a hole and f*****g bury him''.  Remember singing that at a game to someone who was down in a heap (blackburn I think?), read in the paper the followinbg morning that he was out for the rest of the season.  Oh how I laughed...

My favourite was heard walking to the ground at Bradford many years ago. If memory serves me right it goes something like this.

“He come from sunny, sunny Spain.

He’s Victor Segura.

He crap and he never plays a game.

He’s Victor Segura.

Victor Segura, Victor Segura, 

La.la.la.”

Away at Spurs - I think it was a league Cup Quarter Final.

A major news story at the time was about Norway culling 50 million seals in the artic wastelands (probably a slightly inaccurate interpretation of the facts but close enough to set the scene).

It was also the era of the inflateable.

Eric Thorsvedt was in goal - in front of the massed Norwich ranks. Someone had a lifesize inflateable killer whale, someone else had a huge comedy hammer and preceeded beat seven bells of **** out of the killer whale which was amusing enough but it was followed by a chant "Eric Thorsvedt, Eric Thorsvedt, What''s it like to club a seal? Wha-at''s it like to club a seal? ''aarc!, ''aarc!, ''aarc!, ''aarc!" clapping hands above heads flipper style.

We lost the match, but that kept me going for several weeks.

Great thread by the way....

Without sounding too naive here, who actually starts chants?

I don''t have the bottle, I would look like a complete prick if I stood up, started signing and no one joined in.

Who on here ''starts'' chants, on your own? or in a group?

Just read my post above, you can tell I normally sit in the ''family'' parts of grounds. 

Agree with most of the songs on this thread - all classics.I''d like to add the Snakepits rendition of the Twelve Days of Christmas, whereby each of the twelve gifts is replaced with Darren Huckerby

There is in Oldham a school called Breeze Hill (yeah you guessed it), and when Oldham were playing particularly badly the home fans sang, Breeze Hill it''s just like watching Breeze Hill.

Hammers fans (I think) to van persie after his rape allegations. To tune of rewind by craig david

"Van Persie, if a girl says no molest her"

For norwich fans: -

"Thank you very much for david nielsen" - To wimbledon fans after nielsen had scored whilst on loan from them

Sunderland fans to a Certain Chris Brown

"dont blame it on the sunshine, dont blame it on the goodtime, blame it on chris Brown.. he just cant... he just cant...he just cant control his feet"

Rochdale fans to Dean windass

"I predict a diet... i predict a diet"

jas :)