Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Do you think we can still get Taylor in Jan?

Hi all.

Just wondering, with all this fubar between Norwich and Brum about Taylor, do you think we can still do a deal in jan regarding the defender?

Do you think he will still come?

Do you think Glens already forgotten him and moved on to another player?

Will Taylor demand a transfer to Norwich like Robbie savage did to Blackburn for Brum?

Lastly just how bad is our defense without him?

IMO:

I know we should have him, stop farting about give brum the cash and get the player! We have two hard home games coming up in a very tight bottom of the league.

We can''t afford to lose and get left behind again. Remember we only had 9 points once and were 6 points adrift from the next team. No we are 1 point clear. Lets keep the flow going, if not we could be in trouble again come Jan 3rd!

Cheers All

any views??????????

i think we will get him, he has no intrest in QPR so i see no reason and Brady has welcomed bids, plus i think the board would be plain stupid not to sanction the funds for a bid.

My feelings on Taylor are :
  • He was only initially brought in as emergency cover for Doherty.
  • He did very well while he was here.
  • If we can get him for a fee and wages that doesn''t prevent us bringing in other players in January, then great, let''s get him in.
  • If we can''t get him in within the scope of our budget, then I''m sure Glenn Roeder will find another centre back.
  • I believe that we can avoid relegation without him.

I would imagine that Taylor is still very much a target for Glenn in January and there is no way that he has forgotten about him.  I also think that Taylor very much wants to come to us.  I think unless a Premership club come in for him he will end up back at Carrow Road.  If the player wants to leave a club and knows the club he wants to go as in this case it usually happens.  Savage is a great example of this, as is Safri moving to Southampton this summer. 

The only stummbleing block that I can really see is that these thing never seem to work out for us......

We only have a chance if he wants to come here. No way will we be able to match QPR''s £1.25 million though.

The truth is that there is no pot of cash for a splurge in the market.

Possible loans may continue because they don''t require us to bung anything out upfront.

[quote user="ricardo"]

We only have a chance if he wants to come here. No way will we be able to match QPR''s £1.25 million though.

Possible loans may continue because they don''t require us to bung anything out upfront.

[/quote]

Now Ricardo , you lovely old boy , I hope Iam going to get through this message as its my sons band practice despite all the doors and windows shut my computer is jumping off my desk now when you say are we able to match Q .P. R.. apparently jumping jack Flash , is a gas gas gas , Possible loans whats the matter with you babe babe are you about to change your mind hey hey hey , you say there is no pot  we are knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door  now the offer of £1.25 old black and blues eyes has got no where to go , this is hopeless i will have to talk to oh what a thing to do its all yellow its all for you .arrdee.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Now Ricardo , you lovely old boy , I hope Iam going to get through this message as its my sons band practice despite all the doors and windows shut my computer is jumping off my desk now when you say are we able to match Q .P. R.. apparently jumping jack Flash , is a gas gas gas , Possible loans whats the matter with you babe babe are you about to change your mind hey hey hey , you say there is no pot  we are knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door  now the offer of £1.25 old black and blues eyes has got no where to go , this is hopeless i will have to talk to oh what a thing to do its all yellow its all for you .sorry Ricardo its getting worse so if you are lonely why not say if you are lonely . i can''t hear to think  I don''t know if I have posted a message or not find my self a girl and settle down  betty has to go try and talk to you later Ricardo.give a little time to wake up wake up  arrdee.

Yes, pretty sure we will. If he doesn''t want to go to QPR and his mind and heart are set on Norwich City then Brum have no deal. What would they rather have? A lesser offer from us, but still money all the same, or to pay a player to play in the reserves for the rest of his contract?

Now Ricardo , you lovely old boy , I hope Iam going to get through this message as its my sons band practice despite all the doors and windows shut my computer is jumping off my desk now when you say are we able to match Q .P. R.. apparently jumping jack Flash , is a gas gas gas , Possible loans whats the matter with you babe babe are you about to change your mind hey hey hey , you say there is no pot  we are knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door  now the offer of £1.25 old black and blues eyes has got no where to go , this is hopeless i will have to talk to oh what a thing to do its all yellow its all for you .sorry Ricardo its getting worse so if you are lonely why not say if you are lonely . i can''t hear to think  I don''t know if I have posted a message or not find my self a girl and settle down  betty has to go try and talk to you later Ricardo.give a little time to wake up wake up  arrdee.

Another absolute gem from the master.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Yes, pretty sure we will. If he doesn''t want to go to QPR and his mind and heart are set on Norwich City then Brum have no deal. What would they rather have? A lesser offer from us, but still money all the same, or to pay a player to play in the reserves for the rest of his contract?[/quote]

I agree, I think he will come if reports that he wants to be here are true.  I really think Roeder is just trying to be a bit more ruthless in the transfer market.  He knows Taylor wants to be here, therefore QPR''s offer means nothing, Brum cannot make him go there.  I think Roder is just playing the game.

The only thing which seems to be in our favour is he has enjoyed his time here.The one worry we do have is most teams and managers know what a success he has been with us and seen how good he has been.Just feel we will get outbid coventry down the road from brum have loads of transfer money now and keeps him in the midlands which he has been used to.They are after a centre half as well as they was in for fitz hall.The saddest thing of all is he could end up at ipshit.