Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Taylor and Strihavka

[quote user="Smudger"]

Laughed the Strivakha deal up at the time didn''t I BlyBly???

Of course the usual crew turned a deaf ear to it though.... [;)]

[/quote]

What? Quick, get me the EDP front page... "Smudger in negative view shocker"...

Ha you guys are a joke. Strihavka is a young lad in a new country, doesn''t fully speak english, isn''t used to the different kind of football and has injuries. It can take a season for players to get used to english football. Look at fabregas, hleb, drogba etc. not bad signings are they? Strihavka can come good, he is young, has talent and needs to get used to his new surroundings. I bet that even if he did break into the team this season or next and netted 5 or 6 goals in the same amount of games you guys would still moan, yet some of you still think that doherty is the best CB this club has had since bruce....

[quote user="Fellas"]Ha you guys are a joke. Strihavka is a young lad in a new country, doesn''t fully speak english, isn''t used to the different kind of football and has injuries. It can take a season for players to get used to english football. Look at fabregas, hleb, drogba etc. not bad signings are they? Strihavka can come good, he is young, has talent and needs to get used to his new surroundings. I bet that even if he did break into the team this season or next and netted 5 or 6 goals in the same amount of games you guys would still moan, yet some of you still think that doherty is the best CB this club has had since bruce....
[/quote]

I won''t call you a joke, as that would be unkind.  Instead, I take my hat off to your endlessly sunny optimistic personality,

You are comparing Strihavka to Fabregas, Hleb, and Drogba.  I have to say that''s a little like comparing a Ford KA to a Rolls Royce on the grounds they both have four wheels and an engine.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The board approved enough money to get Strihavka in for Grant.

The board have obviously not approved enough money to get in Taylor for Roeder.

Neither Grant nor Roeder have authorisation to sign company cheques.

Plainly poor judgement by the suits - yet again.

Pathetic.

Hindsight - maybe, but what else is there? If you don''t learn from your mistakes, then....?

OTBC

[/quote]

So they are wrong for both releasing funds and not releasing funds - I don''t get your point. Surely you are highlighting a weakness in the footballing staff rather than the board. And, no, I AM NOT pro board but you do need to keep your criticism coherent. Surely you''re not suggesting that Delia et al should have more say than our managers over which players any money is spent on?!?!    

[/quote]

macd.

The authorised board members sign the cheques, not Grant/Roeder.

They sign - and they decline to sign. they signed a cheque for Strihavka - they have declined to sign a cheque (so far) for Taylor. Do you really think that Roeder doesn''t want Taylor at what is obviously a reasonable price for a championship club given the player''s proven performances?

They do ultimately have more say than the manager.

It''s the way of the world - like it or not.

All rhetoric aside macd, Ithink that both you and I have been around this club for long enough to know that the club are making a big mistake and taking a huge gamble on this issue.

Coherent enough yet?

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Ha you guys are a joke. Strihavka is a young lad in a new country, doesn''t fully speak english, isn''t used to the different kind of football and has injuries. It can take a season for players to get used to english football. Look at fabregas, hleb, drogba etc. not bad signings are they? Strihavka can come good, he is young, has talent and needs to get used to his new surroundings. I bet that even if he did break into the team this season or next and netted 5 or 6 goals in the same amount of games you guys would still moan, yet some of you still think that doherty is the best CB this club has had since bruce....[/quote]

I won''t call you a joke, as that would be unkind.  Instead, I take my hat off to your endlessly sunny optimistic personality,

You are comparing Strihavka to Fabregas, Hleb, and Drogba.  I have to say that''s a little like comparing a Ford KA to a Rolls Royce on the grounds they both have four wheels and an engine.

[/quote]Ok maybe I was a bit over the top. But I''m not comparing him to them, I''m comparing how long it takes foreign players to settle, not their natural footballing ability. He''s young, he''s still worth money and even if in the future he has a couple of games does well but not good enough he still worth money as he''s in his 20''s not the 30+ jokes that thorne etc. were. I don''t mind if we buy young players and they don''t come good as they are still valuable and have time to devlop. Peter thorne on the other hand was always going to go down hill even if you were at the bottom of mousehold.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The board approved enough money to get Strihavka in for Grant.

The board have obviously not approved enough money to get in Taylor for Roeder.

Neither Grant nor Roeder have authorisation to sign company cheques.

Plainly poor judgement by the suits - yet again.

Pathetic.

Hindsight - maybe, but what else is there? If you don''t learn from your mistakes, then....?

OTBC

[/quote]

So they are wrong for both releasing funds and not releasing funds - I don''t get your point. Surely you are highlighting a weakness in the footballing staff rather than the board. And, no, I AM NOT pro board but you do need to keep your criticism coherent. Surely you''re not suggesting that Delia et al should have more say than our managers over which players any money is spent on?!?!    

[/quote]

macd.

The authorised board members sign the cheques, not Grant/Roeder.

They sign - and they decline to sign. they signed a cheque for Strihavka - they have declined to sign a cheque (so far) for Taylor. Do you really think that Roeder doesn''t want Taylor at what is obviously a reasonable price for a championship club given the player''s proven performances?

They do ultimately have more say than the manager.

It''s the way of the world - like it or not.

All rhetoric aside macd, Ithink that both you and I have been around this club for long enough to know that the club are making a big mistake and taking a huge gamble on this issue.

Coherent enough yet?

OTBC

[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong, I''m desperate for us to do (have done)  whatever it takes (would have taken) to sign Taylor permanently and, as I say, I''m not some huge fan of the board. But, in my opinion, your comparison between the Strihavka and Taylor situations depends on the board having final say over which player is bought rather than simply having to authorise the money for a purchase which is ultimately decided by the judgement of the manager/footballing staff. You obviously favour the first scenario and I favour the second (for better or for worse). I guess we''ll have to agree to disagree.       

Poor old Strihavka could only make the bench tonight as Ipswich thumped a strong City reserves 1-5 , looks like we bought a real good un there if he cant even get a start for the reserves.

In that reserve game, Strihavka looked better than the either unfit or now useless Chris Martin... last seasons wonder lad looks a shadow of that now.

Strihavka supplied the cross for the Ipswich defender to skillfully beat his own keeper, which would have hit and gone in off Martin if not for that. He was also playing right midfield when he came on, which gives him another element

Good point about Strihavka who worked hard when he came on giving some width to the team and linking well with Chris Brown who to my mind was the best of the bunch on the night. As for Chris Martin-overweight,unfit and disinterested-Strihavka should have started. Semed to me there were other on the pitch that knew they wee on their way out in January. Shame for all the excited kids looking for a good performance. Has to be said that Ipswich played well.

Merry Christmas to all

Oh yeah, thanks for that Sweeney, I forgot about Brown. I havent been his biggest fan, but he was probably the best of our lot the other night