Sign in to follow this  
lucy45

Glen Roeder spotted at Portman Road

Hi,

Im an Ipswich Town supporter and apparently on Saturday Glen Roeder was spotted at Portman Road watching the game. He was probably watching how Scunthorpe play seeing as how you play them next. What i was wondering was how could he be at Portman Road when you had a game down the road at Colchester at 5:20. Surely he was with your team.

He saw the first half, and then I assume he used a car to drive the 20 or so miles to Colchester. Thats the best thing about Ipswich, the speed with which you can get away.

He only watched the first half from 3pm - 3.45pm so would have been back at ColU by 4.15pm, our game didnt start until 5.20pm.

We heard you lot were trying to poach him but he said he''d rather stay with a club who have morals, and who give the local suppliers what they owe them.

[quote user="locket45"]

Hi,

Im an Ipswich Town supporter and apparently on Saturday Glen Roeder was spotted at Portman Road watching the game. He was probably watching how Scunthorpe play seeing as how you play them next. What i was wondering was how could he be at Portman Road when you had a game down the road at Colchester at 5:20. Surely he was with your team.

[/quote]

Hi Locket, welcome to our board.

Yes Glen was at Poorman Rd on Saturday. He came for the renaming ceremony (Richmans Rd) and to ask to borrow a few quid so we can get Taylor.

No luck though, as Mr Sheepshanks was playing Scrooge in the local panto.

No wealth for the paupers. They''ve had to hand the club over the a group who they STILL owe the £32m to

They STILL owe millions to Barclays and others

They are STILL losing millions year on year

Their gates and income are STILL falling year on year

And mad jim is this morning talking in the EADT about loans rather than buying players.

Perhaps Roeder was looking for a bit of peace and quiet amongst the tumbleweed at poorman road before the game down the road.

[quote user="locket45"]

Hi,

[/quote]

Yes he was there to witness a club just prior to when  it implodes. When the new benefactors stripes the club.

[quote user="locket45"]

Hi,

[/quote]

He was also there to make the numbers up as you cannot get gates over 20 thousand.

I didn''t see him myself but was just wondering how he could of been there thanks for clearing it up.

[quote user="we8wba"]he wanted to watch a top half side??[/quote]

thought we might be treated to your views on this...

"

Haven''t any of you ever stopped off to go to the loo."nope, it''s already full of sh** !

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[quote user="we8wba"]he wanted to watch a top half side??[/quote]

Will he not be at Carrow Road for the Wolves game then?

[/quote]nah just for WBA :D jokes