Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

And if Glenn Roeder keeps us up? What then?

You tell us!

My bet is that he''ll be on his bike for much the same reasons as Martin O''Neil unless there is a change in ownership and administrative leadership. We need a bold, confident, ''can do'' vision in front of us. More of the same is my fear though.

But I am sure that there are optimistic people amongst us with happier scenaros who can tell us what it is that is going to lift us out of our dilemma.

Let''s have them - and enjoy some cheer.

It can''t be all about escaping relegation, there must be one eye to the future.

OTBC

If Newcastle was the kind of club that allowed the manager more than 5 minutes to get results, and bring players through from youth to first team over time, I think Roeder would still have been there.  He''s said that the board have supported him in everything he''s tried to do so far, so unless a spectacular opportunity arises, I think he''s here for the medium to long term.

I''d hope for him to stay but I can see him not staying if the board don''t back him, and with the limited funds we have its a possibility.

I don''t want two front teeth for christmas, I just want a massively rich benefactor to come along and buy Norwich City F.C. and put a huge transfer kitty in its stocking. Maybe we''ve been too naughty for Santa to bring us that.

This is easy! He''ll keep us up, then in the summer the effect of the lack of parachute payments, which we have been able to put off because of the Turner loan, will start to bite. Hucks will retire, Doc''s contract will be up and he''ll either take a whopping pay cut or will quietly leave and the loanees will all go back to where they came from with the possible exception of Pattison. Anyone that survived the cull we will see next month, who''s contract is up and who isn''t cheap and keen, will also leave.We will then start to buy in players that reflect our new level of poverty (yes, worse than now), plucked mainly from non-league obscurity. Thing is, as i''m writing this, i''m changing my mind. I was going to say that the new season would begin and we''d struggle in lower mid table as usual and GR would leave around October in much the same manner as Worthy and Grant before him and, yet again, we''d be back to square 1 for the 3rd time in 3 years. BUT, i think a big clear out and a new team of un-corrupted, eager young pups, led by Roeder, might be a good thing. Then we surprise everyone and do a Reading. It''s difficult to keep the optimist in your average football fan down isn''t it!!

[quote user="a1canary"]This is easy! He''ll keep us up, then in the summer the effect of the lack of parachute payments, which we have been able to put off because of the Turner loan, will start to bite. Hucks will retire, Doc''s contract will be up and he''ll either take a whopping pay cut or will quietly leave and the loanees will all go back to where they came from with the possible exception of Pattison. Anyone that survived the cull we will see next month, who''s contract is up and who isn''t cheap and keen, will also leave.
We will then start to buy in players that reflect our new level of poverty (yes, worse than now), plucked mainly from non-league obscurity.

Thing is, as i''m writing this, i''m changing my mind. I was going to say that the new season would begin and we''d struggle in lower mid table as usual and GR would leave around October in much the same manner as Worthy and Grant before him and, yet again, we''d be back to square 1 for the 3rd time in 3 years.

BUT, i think a big clear out and a new team of un-corrupted, eager young pups, led by Roeder, might be a good thing. Then we surprise everyone and do a Reading. It''s difficult to keep the optimist in your average football fan down isn''t it!!
[/quote]

Yes a1, it is remarkable from where the green shoots of optimism can rise again. But in you picture we''d need a Madesjki - and that fact leads one on to several other suppositions!

Ah well, who said life is simple!

OTBC

The biggest failures of this board are ........ blaming things on hindsight......and actually being myopic in preparing with foresight.

They just aren''t cleverer than what they think they are.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The biggest failures of this board are ........ blaming things on hindsight......and actually being myopic in preparing with foresight.

They just aren''t cleverer than what they think they are.

[/quote]

Yes, the great thing about hindsight is that it reveals lack of foresight.

When you''re wrong you''re wrong - and blaming hindsight isn''t the cleverest thing to do.

Roger? Roger.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Xmas Roger.

One love.

OTBC