Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Do we have a sell-on clause for Robert Green?

Soccernet here in the US has Greeno listed as someone whom West Ham could get a nice price for at the moment, considering his current form.  If he is sold, do we get a piece of the pie?  The article lists Arsenal as the team who would covet him the most.  Dunno about that as Almunia looked good vs. Chelsea.  Just wondering if our January kitty could grow based on other players being sold.  They also say Earnshaw could be going to Cardiff.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

I believe that I read in a Q+A with Doncaster once that he said we had a sell on clause. 60% certain of that.

[/quote]I''m sure i''ve seen the same thing - 15% of any profit on the deal sounds familiar for some reason - think it was mentionned on the Pink''un when there were rumours about him moving on in the last transfer window.

So the rumour about Green to Arsenal surfaces again. I think there is a rumour that Arsenal''s German goalkeeper is returning to Germany so it would be a logical move and give Arsenal an English international in their squad. Furthermore I think it would be a good move for Green to move to one of the big 3 or 4 so he might then get back into the England squad.

If its true, then 15% of any profit would be handy. Lets hope Green moves for £10m. !!!

i cant see green moving as the only teams bigger/better whu are manutd - evs and foster, arsenal almunia chelsea cech spurs  robinson liverpool reina

only way i see a move would be if theres foriegner rule put into place

as to earnie he wont go cardiff as they could be in admin in feb i heard he is off to charlton? anyone else heard that? thats if they sell mcleod i think, but heard they want iwelumo n earnie up front as varney n mcleod not done the business so far

I thought we''d ''waved'' the ''sell on'' for Green as part of the compensation package we had to pay for getting Grant. If so, well done Doomy and the board.[:@]

Gee, you couldn''t make it up!.[:''(]

I think the arsenal link is quite possible.  I don''t think Arsene is that big of a fan of alumunia and is just using him while he waits for a new number one.  And it has been reported that Green is that man.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think the arsenal link is quite possible.  I don''t think Arsene is that big of a fan of alumunia and is just using him while he waits for a new number one.  And it has been reported that Green is that man.[/quote]

im pretty sure im right and if not then please correct me that

arsene wenger has only signed 3 english players in pennant, jeffers and walcott

he will not pay over the top especially given the list above which he clearly spent around 25m on to have no return so far, although walcott will in future hopefully

i think arsene will buy a goalkeeper abroad for 1/4 of the price who will be around the same standard

when you start get asked 11m for keepers such as carson etc... then no wonder we always go abroad

Arsene also signed Richard Wright, it is quite obvious where his preference for overseas players comes from after that bunch of failures (excluding Walcott). I don''t think he would buy Greeno as he likes keepers who can distribute the ball well, something I felt Green didn''t do very well. West Ham would also be really reluctant to sell, Green has quickly become one of most popular players.Must admit would love to see him at Arsenal.Also, doesn''t Ashton have a sell on clause as well?? There could be real money in that.

Indeed ashton is worth shout

also though would whu sell him if yes who to?? only teams i may consider would be pompey and newcastle

cant see no one else fancing him or be able to pay a good figure for him

on green he is good, but not great i feel, he makes good saves weekly but have you noticed errors he producing as well? they not good enough for england nor the top 4 team.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I thought we''d ''waved'' the ''sell on'' for Green as part of the compensation package we had to pay for getting Grant. If so, well done Doomy and the board.[:@]

[/quote]I think we only waived  the 150k we would of got if Ashton gets an England cap.

[/quote]

I don''t think we waived the sell-on clause on Greeno, we waived an £100k clause for if Ashton plays for England, I''m 95% sure. Which is a lot less of a blow.

[quote user="we8wba"]

also though would whu sell him if yes who to?? only teams i may consider would be pompey and newcastle

on green he is good, but not great i feel, he makes good saves weekly but have you noticed errors he producing as well? they not good enough for england nor the top 4 team.

[/quote]

Tell me then we8wba,

What Goalkeeping maestro do you see in goal for england?

[/quote]

but then we would''ve paid the compensation with our own money so either way we were stuffed really.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Tell me then we8wba,

[/quote]

james or carson i would go with

prob carson, yes he made mistake in croatia but it was silly game to be throw in deep end, and thats his only mistake

then you got to be looking at kirkland who i feel is good keeper and joe hart

im not saying green is rubbish he should be in squad, but if you dropping robinson for mistakes then you cant push green in

I believe that Mr Doncaster negotiated that we would receive a can of baked beans and a twix if Greeno is to move on from WHUFC.... [;)]

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="NegativeVibes"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Tell me then we8wba,

[/quote]

james or carson i would go with

prob carson, yes he made mistake in croatia but it was silly game to be throw in deep end, and thats his only mistake

then you got to be looking at kirkland who i feel is good keeper and joe hart

im not saying green is rubbish he should be in squad, but if you dropping robinson for mistakes then you cant push green in

[/quote]That isn''t Carson''s only mistake - he let a similar one in when playing for Villa the very next week after the Croatia game.Carson and Kirkland are both majorly over-rated, Green is the best English keeper around at the moment. Robinson making howlers left right and centre, and James will be too old by the time the next world cup rolls around. Why play James now when he won''t make next world cup and Green or whichever keeper Capello choses could be gaining more international experience?!Kirkland and Carson are the Darren Anderton''s of the goalkeeping world. Brilliant on their day but seem to have one day for 6months injury.

[quote user="Smudger"]I believe that Mr Doncaster negotiated that we would receive a can of baked beans and a twix if Greeno is to move on from WHUFC.... [;)][/quote]

So the twix was a bonus then Smudger?.[;)]

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

When Ashton leaves Wet Spam, and he will in the next couple of seasons, it won''t be for the likes of Pompey or Newcastle. He will move to one of the big four provided he keeps fit.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

When Ashton leaves Wet Spam, and he will in the next couple of seasons, it won''t be for the likes of Pompey or Newcastle. He will move to one of the big four provided he keeps fit.

[/quote]

manutd no chance in tevez, rooney (they both for the future) not for 1-2seasons these two can stay together for 8seasons

arsnenal - long wenger there no chance with young quality in bendtner, adeybayor, v.persie, walcott it looks like they will stick with these, only way i see it happening if arsenal sell adebayor, but then i cant see wenger stumping up big fee

chelsea - chance, dont think its good one, but least they have to change strikers in 2-3years with ageing strikeforce in sheva drogba etc.. but then theyll prob stump up world class striker

liverpool - last i checked ashton wasnt spanish, torres is staying for sure, so crouch leaving, kuyt may do one day, will torres and ashton work?? they pretty similar i think, possibilty maybe as cover, but would ashton go as sub or limited apps

i think best shouts are next standard teams like spurs - if sold berbatov

newcastle

mancity

pompey

just my opinion though, doesnt mean im correct, and i like to hear your views on my opinions