Sign in to follow this  
lucy45

Good luck for Saturday

I just wanted to say good luck to Norwich on Saturday. Scunthorpe were not an easy team to play last week and we were lucky to get the points.

Thanks very much for that Lucy, but I''m sure you''ll excuse those of us who don''t wish the same for your boys this Saturday LOL [:D]

I think it''ll be another tight and tense game, but I reckon we''ll narrowly get through with a 1-0 win - Cureton to get the winner [:D]

Why are there so many binners on this board now?

I would never in a million years wish them luck[*-)]

I think that they are really secret NCFC fans who have not come out yet. We should offer them our support in coming out as it must be hard for a binner to admit there true feelings.

[quote user="inch_high"]

I think that they are really secret NCFC fans who have not come out yet. We should offer them our support in coming out as it must be hard for a binner to admit there true feelings.

[/quote]

I don''t object to friendly polite Binners (and fans of other clubs) like Lucy coming on here, in fact as far as I''m concerned they are most welcome, but any micky-taking abusive binners can get lost.

I think Binners and others (we8wba, Happy Hammer Andy etc) like our board because you can have a sane, decent level of discussion on here (sometimes!). I''ve only found two Binner boards, twtd and their equivalent of  the pink''un and they were both shockingly poor, so you can understand some of them coming on here. Are NCFC fans among the most well-read and literate of any in the country?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="inch_high"]

[/quote]

I don''t object to friendly polite Binners (and fans of other clubs) like Lucy coming on here, in fact as far as I''m concerned they are most welcome, but any micky-taking abusive binners can get lost.

I think Binners and others (we8wba, Happy Hammer Andy etc) like our board because you can have a sane, decent level of discussion on here (sometimes!). I''ve only found two Binner boards, twtd and their equivalent of  the pink''un and they were both shockingly poor, so you can understand some of them coming on here. Are NCFC fans among the most well-read and literate of any in the country?

[/quote]

And we are the only board with the famous ''Free Bet Fred'' [;)]

[quote user="lucy45"]I just wanted to say good luck to Norwich on Saturday. Scunthorpe were not an easy team to play last week and we were lucky to get the points.[/quote]

Thats very kind of you Lucy. Presume you''re not a die hard Ipswich fan then cause they wouldnt wish us luck just like we wouldnt wish you luck?

How long have you ben supporting them and are you one of the dwindling crowd that goes to all home games?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

I think it''ll be another tight and tense game, but I reckon we''ll narrowly get through with a 1-0 win - Cureton to get the winner [:D]

[/quote]1-0? You''re joking aren''t you? With our Taylor-less defence, there''s little chance of us keeping a clean sheet. But they''re having a defensive crisis as well apparently, so if we''re gonna win, it''ll be 3-2 or something! My head says 2-2 though.

Thanks Lucy.

And reflecting the true spirit of Christmas - and the openness and intelligence of the vast majority of posters on this board, my seasonal wish for your team:

BREAK A LEG!*

*preferably several.....

I cannot express just how weird this post or the poster appears to me. Its either a massive coincidence, or this is a planned event...

Oh well... thanks?

nutty is right ;-)

as to good luck i dont wish you any later this month

dont mind you scoring 4 if we score 5! fair deal? im guessing not lol

How long have you ben supporting them and are you one of the dwindling crowd that goes to all home games?

I''ve been supporting them for about 2 years. I have a season ticket but am considering not renewing next year.

As their striker Paul Hayes is ex-Norwich I fully expect him to get on the scoresheet, but I still think we will win if we play to our potential and attack their depleted defence.  My prediction is 2-1 to Norwich.

"I''ve been supporting them for about 2 years. I have a season ticket but am considering not renewing next year."

I''m really intreagued by you Lucy - are you for real? 

Are you considering not renewing because you don''t need a season ticket to be sure of getting a seat?  Or is there some more fundamental reason.

If you are for real - and you are feeling a bit iffy about your team, try us! Mind you it''s hard to get a seat sometimes - but we can provide entertaining football (again!) on a shoestring. 

I for one would be happy to overlook past transgressions and welcome a newly converted lost sheep to the Carrow Road fold.

The reason for not renewing my season ticket is because i simply can''t afford it what with wanting to go Uni. Plus the fact i''ve not been enjoying the games i''ve gone to recently.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

1-0? You''re joking aren''t you? With our Taylor-less defence, there''s little chance of us keeping a clean sheet. But they''re having a defensive crisis as well apparently, so if we''re gonna win, it''ll be 3-2 or something!

My head says 2-2 though.
[/quote]

Nope, not joking at all, just a feeling I''ve got.

I wouldn''t mind betting that after last week''s awful error from Camara, either Roeder or Clark will have had a little chat with him, which is why I think there will be a better defensive performance from him this Saturday. The same applies to Shacks as well.

I hope I''m right!!!

[quote user="lucy45"]

The reason for not renewing my season ticket is because i simply can''t afford it what with wanting to go Uni. Plus the fact i''ve not been enjoying the games i''ve gone to recently.

[/quote]

Have you only been going to away games then?

[quote user="lucy45"]

Plus the fact i''ve not been enjoying the games i''ve gone to recently.

[/quote]

10 wins and a draw from 11 home games.... I find this a tad difficult to believe [;)]

[quote user="lucy45"]

[/quote]

Cross the great divide and go to Carrow Road instead, Lucy, I''m sure you would enjoy your football there. Mmmm, then again, maybe not!