Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

In 1980 we paid 350,000 pounds for Drazen Muzinic..........

......when the British transfer fee record was 1,000,000 pounds for Trevor Francis as I recall it.

And now we can''t even afford to sign Taylor when our position is so critically weak.

What a terrible indictment of the owners and administrators of NCFC over the past 12 years.

And still people believe in them?

OTBC

Stands to reason that if you do not concede, you can''t lose.  I wonder........................QPR apparently had a bid of £1m accepted, which we needed to match.  Plus Taylor doesn''t want to go there and would rather stay here.  If the unthinkable happens and we go down (no coincidence the results have been better with Taylor in the side), £1m all of a sudden looks peanuts.

And you know the old addage about peanuts.......................

why do people think that is such a simple case of paying 1 million pounds? Any bloody excuse for people to moan again.

you tell us why we keep losing out on players Marty, money and ambition talks, might be a nasty combination for this gutless board to deal with but it works better than rolling over.

[quote user="ricky knight"]you tell us why we keep losing out on players Marty, money and ambition talks, might be a nasty combination for this gutless board to deal with but it works better than rolling over.[/quote]

Relax for bit.  A £1m bid from a club the player doesn''t want to join in a city he desn''t want to live.  He is never gonna accept terms is he.  Come January 1st when Brimingham want to increase their transfer coffers by 750k, and improve their wage budgt by 20k week, there will be business to be done.  This one isn''t over until the end of january or until he signs for someone else.

We have all been positive and up beat of late, lets maintain that for the time being and keep our fingers crossed.  Also you never know but Roeder might have another target he knows he can get for a better fee.  It was Roeder who said the deal wasn''t viable, lets trust his judgement

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What a terrible indictment of the owners and administrators of NCFC over the past 12 years.

[/quote]Yeah, that £350k was money well spent wasn''t it. LOL So you think the board should take that as a prime example of how to propel our club to the top of the Prem...... Lets sign Dions dad for £17.5mYou didn''t really think this through did you bly bly blubs

And how badly we all wanted the Board to pay £3M for Sharp and £2M for Eastwood not that long ago. That would have been £5M well spent I don''t think, based on their progress at new clubs.

[quote user="scott"]Yeah and look at how crap he turned out![/quote]

if I remember correctly, Justin Fashanu was quoted as saying that we had actually signed Muzinic''s milkman...I think he only played a handful of games before Ken Brown gave up with him.

I''m sure Roeder has a plan B if we can''t get Taylor.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]And how badly we all wanted the Board to pay £3M for Sharp and £2M for Eastwood not that long ago. That would have been £5M well spent I don''t think, based on their progress at new clubs.[/quote]

We paid a few bob for his return, and Jamie C was scoring for fun for Col Utd.....but he''s struggling a bit here.

.......Some lads can adapt, some cannot. I still have faith in Cureton and will support him till he stops wearing the shirt. Earnshaw was on a roll for us - now he''s sitting on a bench. It cuts both ways.

Hope that helps.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Yeah, that £350k was money well spent wasn''t it. LOL So you think the board should take that as a prime example of how to propel our club to the top of the Prem...... Lets sign Dions dad for £17.5m

You didn''t really think this through did you bly bly blubs
[/quote]

FFS. Diversionary tactics again. FFS.

Speak to the point.

Or maybe you don''t get it?

FFS.

OTBC

[quote user="Jack Flash"]And how badly we all wanted the Board to pay £3M for Sharp and £2M for Eastwood not that long ago. That would have been £5M well spent I don''t think, based on their progress at new clubs.[/quote]

Flash Jack.

Speak for yourself.

OTBC

they have to play to score, still rather gamble on eastwood than Dave the striker he was a complete waste of dough and dont get me started on Brown the clown.

So we paid  today''s equivalent) £10m for a very moderate (to be kind) player? Thank God for the current Board''s prudence then. Using that as an example rather undermines the intention of this thread, don''t you think?

Do you lot ever stop moaning? Some of you could seriously whinge for England! We got a game today, a game most of you can actually see.. maybe there will be some players  you will see for the first time? Are you looking forward to it? Or are you still stuck in the past so bad? What if we win again?? Wouldn''t you like that??? 

Speak to the point.

[/quote]Huh? Speak to the point? Actually I dont get your point either. You''re saying we should spend big on average players? No? What then.? Everyone actually connected to the club knows the situation with Tayloe and bye and large this has been made public minus a couple of fairly relevenat points. Yet still people think we should just throw money at a problem. It doesn''t work that way BBB, you''re old enough to know that.

Flash Jack.

Speak for yourself.

OTBC

[/quote]

Can''t see anything wrong with what Jack Flash said here Bly...it''s a fact!.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Do you lot ever stop moaning? Some of you could seriously whinge for England! We got a game today, a game most of you can actually see.. maybe there will be some players  you will see for the first time? Are you looking forward to it? Or are you still stuck in the past so bad? What if we win again?? Wouldn''t you like that??? 

[/quote]

Fortunately some of us can operate on more than one level at a time.

We will all support City this evening, but there''s no future in unthinking, uncritical support.

I guess some of us just want success to our level of potential too badly - whilst others are satisfied by cosy consolation by kindly aunts who like a tipple now and then?

Mais, c''est la vie

OTBC

Bly, I think its more of an indictment of the state of the game today. With more money pouring into the game than most ever dreamed possible, over half the teams in the football league have been in administration at some point or another. Only teams who have mega-rich board members can compete in an increasingly expensive game. According to Wikipeadia, the most expensive British transfer was Ferdinand to Man U at GBP33m. 35% of that is 11.5m. Wouldn''t we all love to have that sort of money to spend on players!

Evenso, in 1980, that was a staggering amount of money. This was before the mega inflationary years of the late 80s remember. In real terms, that must be, and will probably forever remain, the most we''ll ever spend on a player.Anyone know how you calculate these ''real terms'' though!?!

Nut and Scott''s points are as relevant as yours. So what if we paid roughly a third of the british transfer record at that time, it was a TOTALLY different game/business back then. Pretty much making comparissons almost pointless. Money has been poured in at the top end and it''s costing the rest dearly.

You are scraping the barrel to make yourself feel comfy about maoning.

Now THAT is sad.

I''m no fan of this board, but you just moan for for the sake of moaning sometimes. But let me guess... It was all much better in the olden days when you had to walk fifteen miles to school with one shoe. We don''t know we''re born eh? ;-)

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

Nut and Scott''s points are as relevant as yours. So what if we paid roughly a third of the british transfer record at that time, it was a TOTALLY different game/business back then. Pretty much making comparissons almost pointless. Money has been poured in at the top end and it''s costing the rest dearly.

Now THAT is sad.

I''m no fan of this board, but you just moan for for the sake of moaning sometimes. But let me guess... It was all much better in the olden days when you had to walk fifteen miles to school with one shoe. We don''t know we''re born eh? ;-)

[/quote]Now now All in Yellow my old friend you''re about to get told off for taking this clever post by Bly off topic!!  But you''re right there is no way you can connect the transfer dealings of the 80''s to todays game!!  As it should happen i''ve got hold of some footage of a young bly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE

[quote user="T07"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Speak to the point.

[/quote]

Huh? Speak to the point? Actually I dont get your point either. You''re saying we should spend big on average players? No? What then.? Everyone actually connected to the club knows the situation with Tayloe and bye and large this has been made public minus a couple of fairly relevenat points. Yet still people think we should just throw money at a problem.

It doesn''t work that way BBB, you''re old enough to know that.
[/quote]

Well TO7, since you''re ''actually connected to the club''.........I will defer.

But, of course, your certainty assumes that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing! Go figure.[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

Now THAT is sad.

[/quote]

Money has always been poured in the top end.

But maybe you weren''t born then, so you''re forgiven.

OTBC