Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

DOOM AND GLOOM? BLAME YOURSELVES!

Jees, what a waste of time posting all this.  If we don''t get Taylor, without having a bid accepted, it will be because we weren''t prepared to pay, or couldn''t afford to pay the asking price.  It''s hardly rocket science. 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Brum know we want Taylor so do we just let them hold us to ransom?

I will make my judgement when it is clear the Taylor issue is truly over. I suspect we are just setting out our stalls. Otherwise, let''s look for a replacement and trust Roeder to find one.

In the meantime NCFC would be well advised to put a gag on Doncaster because his column was ill timed and ill advised and his public persona is uninspiring. As the saying goes ''he has a good face for radio.'' Doncaster needs his role re-defining and Norwich City need a new public face. Now there''s a debate, who would make a good public face for NCFC? I''ll kick it off by suggesting Dale Gordon.

That said, it doesn''t excuse the rest of you for allowing the pressure to get to you and posting doom and gloom and for those with short memories this began at least as far back as 1st Wizard spitting his dummy over Devonshire''s comments and cancelling his morale boosting hex threads.

[/quote]

I think a gag is too kind...

[quote user="ricky knight"]It must effect the players when good players are left to leave without a fight. I agree things have been positive since Glen arrived but this board just wont learn any negativity is down to them and their sad lack of anything amounting to ambition.[/quote]What a stupid post.  Any chance you can qualify any one part of it ?Actually, I''ll do it for you, cos there''s just the two.  "...good players leave..." TRUE.   "...things have been positive since Glen arrived..."  Also TRUE.  The rest ?  The resultant mad ramblings of yet another pathetic so-called supporter who can''t, or (more likely) won''t, remove the chip on his shoulder and see things in a true light, because it goes against their myopic ravings against the board.Cue idiotic replies along the lines of ''...are you on the board...'' etc

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="ricardo"]

What has happened on this board is that yet again the fans have been led up the garden path.

A mini revival inspired mainly by the centre half that we have been crying out for for the last 2 seasons has been allowed to splutter out by a Boardroom that is not prepared to take a calculated gamble. This lot have bottled it time after time but some fans seem inclined to keep making excuses for them.

It amazes me how many of you are continully conned by this lot. We will now get press articles about how hard they tried to get their man but but at the end of the day he will be off to QPR or somewhere else with a bit of ambition. Its all a load of bull...t.

You can critise Ipswich for their low gates and the way they have treated their shareholders but next season they could be in the Prem while we are in League 1.

I know what I''d rather have.

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[/quote]

Completely bowled over by your constructive and well reasoned argument.

[/quote]

Bomber, i thought exactly the same thing.

Ricardo - if you would rather support a certain team down the road, because they are doing well in the league, halfway through the season, then feel free.

I am not a Delia fan by any stretch of the imagination. I support the team and the badge. The current boardroom may be very cautious but at least we are not eve close to the financial difficulties several championship teams are having. I would rather that then tens of local businesses went bust because we were signing the likes of Finindi George.

None of us know what will happen in January, and at the end of the day, investors are hardly beating he door down are they? we will have to put up with our lot, for the time being.

We have a bloody good manager, and the board know this is last chance saloon for them and they have to back their man or pay the price.

Judgement day is Feb 1st for me.

Feel free to go down Portman Road, i would rather support a club whose collective conscience is clear.

[/quote]

Exactley the kind of reply I expected when I said any critisism brings out the accusation of being an Ipswich supporter. Water off a ducks back mate. Unlike some of you I actually supported this club when they were in the third tier of English football and I don''t want to see us back there again.

As to the not being in any kind of financial trouble like other clubs in the Championship.Have you not noticed how Ipswich, Coventry etc are attracting new money in spite of being in far worse trouble than us?

Unless some of you wake up soon then this parochial small mindedness is going to kill this once great club.

[quote]And the same people defending the board now are the ones who kept saying give Grant time, believed we would make the playoffs with his wonderful signings Brown give him time, Dave the striker, who cant score goals, Brellier he will be brill, Murray, great for Rangers[/quote]

[quote]Some of them just want a nice quiet board Ricky. If you don''t sing from the Delia songbook or swallow the sayings of the Doomcaster then you are accused of being an Ipswich fan.[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong I didn''t say anything about defending the board or doing what Delia says, all I said was some people (not yourselves) have suddenly made an appearance when things start going wrong again (i.e the Taylor transfer). I''d say the same about those who desert the board as soon as things turn ugly again.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]"It isn`t a bottomless pit". Ummm, not so long back we sold Green and Mckenzie for a combined £2.5m. In the close season the club received a £2m loan to balance the books,virtually sold out of season-tickets and banked Â£5.5m in fees for selling Earnshaw, Etuhu and Safri and spent £2.2m on replacements (figures from the latest accounts). We have been told that all money received in transfer fees is available to be re-invested. Even allowing for the cost of the loans there should be a large surplus.[/quote]So we should spend all that on Taylor? No. We set a value and Brum decided he was worth more. Walk away. Well done the board..... Brady can run alonmg and play with herself

Well I think that whilst Taylor has been solid at the Back, the good run is also down to Pattison''s energy and intelligence in Midfield, Fozzy''s captaincy - its great top see a skipper actually doing some shouting and organising on the pitch at last, Camara''s reliability at LB, and Evan''s excellent play up front. And yet, all the moaners are focussing on one thing - Taylor''s departure. There is clearly money available, but no doubt Roeder wants to spread it over 2 or 3 players, which is sensible and I for one believe is the right way forward. Whatever happens today at Col U we have seen progress in a short time, so lets trust Roeder''s judgement on this and see what happens in January.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I''ve noticed theres a sudden re-appearance of a few familiar posters now things are on the down again.

Funny that.

[/quote]

But they aren''t on the down. The last game was that fourth win out of the last five against Sheffield United.

What I have noticed is that the board is busier again now posters have got something to moan about.

It was oh so quiet for a couple of weeks...... sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [:#]

[/quote]

Yes nutty, we have got something to moan about.  For the past month or so we''ve been taking a leaf out of the percy positives'' book and starting to hope that improvements on the field were a sign that things were changing for the better in the boardroom.  Perhaps Andrew Turner is calling the shots now? we thought.  Or maybe the real threat of relegation has forced them to give football the priority it deserves?  Get Tiny signed up and we''ll be on road to recovery.

So what actually happened?  In his Thursday column Doncaster spouted the same depressing old guff about prudence without actually using the word, and less than 24 hours later the Taylor deal fell through.  That''s why we''re upset.  It''s not just the loss of Taylor, although it does represent a real backward step because the most significant gap in the squad now needs filling again.  But combine it with Doncaster''s comments and it sends the message that nothing has changed after all.  If nothing changes then we''re going nowhere except possibly down to League 1.  Given the board''s past record, it''s fair to say they have some work to do to prove that it''s not a case of deja vu all over again.    

Yes we''re upset.  We''re bloody upset because we care about this club and we hate to see it losing its identity, its spirit and its sense of direction.  Have you got a problem with that?

[/quote]

What I have a problem with is working out how we can sign a player outside the transfer window. He is Birminghams player and they call the shots. What deal fell through? His loan came to an end and Birmingham refused to extend it. He is now back there until Jan because the loan window is shut to new loans so nobody else can loan him. What I believe is that Birmingham are trying to spark an auction to enable them to get the best deal they can for their player.

I am not defending the board and neither am I attacking them and I seriously don''t see where your point of view is coming from. We have won 4/5 and more than doubled our points tally in a fortnight - what part of that equates to being bloody upset because we care about this club and we hate to see it losing its identity, its spirit and its sense of direction.

[/quote]

Birmingham were willing to extend the loan provided we agreed a permanent deal in January, but we didn''t.  We were in pole position and we blew it. 

Nutty, recent results are a cause for celebration but imo it is still unclear whether they amount to more than a honeymoon period for a new manager.  

My comments about the club losing itself relate to the path that the board have been taking us down for years and which has brought us to where we are now. I thought I could begin to see signs that the board had at last recognised the need for a fundamental change of direction, but the events of the past few days suggest that they are merely papering over the cracks.  Perhaps I was being unrealistically optimistic, but if the prospect of relegation doesn''t do the trick I can''t imagine what will.  Given their past record, it is up to them to prove me wrong.  

[quote user="Arganth"][quote user="ricky knight"]It must effect the players when good players are left to leave without a fight. I agree things have been positive since Glen arrived but this board just wont learn any negativity is down to them and their sad lack of anything amounting to ambition.[/quote]

What a stupid post.  Any chance you can qualify any one part of it ?

Actually, I''ll do it for you, cos there''s just the two.  "...good players leave..." TRUE.   "...things have been positive since Glen arrived..."  Also TRUE.  The rest ?  The resultant mad ramblings of yet another pathetic so-called supporter who can''t, or (more likely) won''t, remove the chip on his shoulder and see things in a true light, because it goes against their myopic ravings against the board.

Cue idiotic replies along the lines of ''...are you on the board...'' etc
[/quote]

Just read the post below yours chum, I don''t for one moment think Ricardo is a piswich fan. He''s a respected poster and a City supporter.....but because he questions those who can ne''er do wrong.....well, see what those who think different have to say to him. Now, tootle off back to the wunnerful an'' excitin'' WoTB, (it is you isn''t it) and swear and curse without moderation, at those that you don''t concur with.... and continue having laddish fun - with your cohorts.....[:|]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well said SOB....your Mum didn''t go to Colchester with a defeatist attitude did she?[/quote]

Rude Old, what on earth makes you think that those who are critical of this week''s events aren''t going to get behind the team?  It''s all in your mind son . . .

You''re scared sh*tless that we''re going to lose today without Taylor, so you''re looking for someone else to blame.  Now that''s what I call weak-minded.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]"It isn`t a bottomless pit". Ummm, not so long back we sold Green and Mckenzie for a combined £2.5m. In the close season the club received a £2m loan to balance the books,virtually sold out of season-tickets and banked Â£5.5m in fees for selling Earnshaw, Etuhu and Safri and spent £2.2m on replacements (figures from the latest accounts). We have been told that all money received in transfer fees is available to be re-invested. Even allowing for the cost of the loans there should be a large surplus.[/quote]

So we should spend all that on Taylor? No. We set a value and Brum decided he was worth more. Walk away. Well done the board..... Brady can run alonmg and play with herself
[/quote]

Should we have signed Crouch or Ashton instead of Doherty and playing him up front? Should we have spent some of the parachute and Jonsson/Francis money on quality rather than pointless freebies and cheapo`s? Should we have signed a decent target man to replace Ashton quickly instead of waiting for "bargain" Brown? Should we have secured a replacement for Mckenzie BEFORE he signed for another club within a few hours of the transfer window closing, rather than having to scrabble around at the last minute?

Have a look at the bigger picture. Doing everything (except infrastructure) on the cheap has FAILED. And until people like you wake up and smell the coffee the failure is likely to continue.

Good luck Fat Prophet, you`re going to need it! I recommend a padded bandage around your head- you can keep banging for longer but unfortunately the brick wall will look exactly the same as when you started.......[:|]

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Birmingham were willing to extend the loan provided we agreed a permanent deal in January, but we didn''t.  We were in pole position and we blew it. 

[/quote]

How do you know this?

The impression I get is that we put in a decent offer for the player, who wanted to come which would suggest we made him a good offer too, but Birmingham wanted to wait until the transfer window in order to try to get the best possible price for their player. I coulod be wrong, you could be wrong, we both could be wrong bt Roeder seems quite happy the board are backing him at the moment.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="ricardo"]

What has happened on this board is that yet again the fans have been led up the garden path.

A mini revival inspired mainly by the centre half that we have been crying out for for the last 2 seasons has been allowed to splutter out by a Boardroom that is not prepared to take a calculated gamble. This lot have bottled it time after time but some fans seem inclined to keep making excuses for them.

It amazes me how many of you are continully conned by this lot. We will now get press articles about how hard they tried to get their man but but at the end of the day he will be off to QPR or somewhere else with a bit of ambition. Its all a load of bull...t.

You can critise Ipswich for their low gates and the way they have treated their shareholders but next season they could be in the Prem while we are in League 1.

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ricardo - if you would rather support a certain team down the road, because they are doing well in the league, halfway through the season, then feel free.

I am not a Delia fan by any stretch of the imagination. I support the team and the badge. The current boardroom may be very cautious but at least we are not eve close to the financial difficulties several championship teams are having. I would rather that then tens of local businesses went bust because we were signing the likes of Finindi George.

None of us know what will happen in January, and at the end of the day, investors are hardly beating he door down are they? we will have to put up with our lot, for the time being.

We have a bloody good manager, and the board know this is last chance saloon for them and they have to back their man or pay the price.

Feel free to go down Portman Road, i would rather support a club whose collective conscience is clear.

[/quote]

Exactley the kind of reply I expected when I said any critisism brings out the accusation of being an Ipswich supporter. Water off a ducks back mate. Unlike some of you I actually supported this club when they were in the third tier of English football and I don''t want to see us back there again.

As to the not being in any kind of financial trouble like other clubs in the Championship.Have you not noticed how Ipswich, Coventry etc are attracting new money in spite of being in far worse trouble than us?

Unless some of you wake up soon then this parochial small mindedness is going to kill this once great club.

[/quote]

The kind of reply you expected because you said you would rather watch ipswich? hardly spectacular that is it? If you suggest you would prefer to watch the scum then that is what you''ll get told to do, so get down off your high horse.

I freely admit i didn''t support the team when they were in the third tier, but in my defence, i wasn''t born then....or can this be held against me too?

I went to my first game before i was two years old, i am now twenty and have always supported the yellows.

They are attracting new money when the vultures close in and buy them at very cheap prices as they are threatened with/go into administration. They have also had the begging bowl out a good few years longer than we have!

I don''t believe it is small minded parochialism. I said i don''t support the current board. I just don''t see how whinging on an internet forum will sort anything out. especially when you don''t know whether we will have any money or not in Jan. You just don''t think we will.

Taylor will come to us at a cheaper price in Jan after refusing QPR imo. Roeder has said that we are lucky as many clubs will have nothing to spend but we have some. He also said he has the full backing of the board and is happy with them. He also stated it was Brady at Bham who was being difficult.

Doncaster has made his annual ''we are so poor'' missive, but he does this just before we embark on a seller''s market in Jan, thus clubs won''t hold us to ransom, as it appears Bham are doing. If they really think we have no money and Taylor refuses to go anywhere else we will get him on the cheap. leaving more funds for other signings.

If you hate the board so much then protest, but i don''t think you''ll find much support on here, hardly going to do us any favours just before we''re begging the board to spend in Jan is it?

After all, you saw the wild successes of the last protest! They got a grand total of one. Since then we have failed to keep a player on loan because his parent club ''flatly refused'' as they didn''t want him injured. We still have a good chance of getting him if we play our cards right. Explain to me how that is the board''s fault? because they didnt force birmingham to let him stay? or because they have not agreed to an inflated fee and are waiting for the price to get dropped for us. Roeder seems to think he''ll be back here.

I truly don''t support Delia et al but I just don''t see the point using any stick to beat them with. Judgement day is Feb 1st.

Fat Prophet wrote

Rude Old, what on earth makes you think that those who are critical of this week''s events aren''t going to get behind the team?  It''s all in your mind son . . .

You''re scared sh*tless that we''re going to lose today without Taylor, so you''re looking for someone else to blame.  Now that''s what I call weak-minded.

The only thing that scares me FP is the thought our support might unnecessarily return to deep negativity thus shooting ourselves in the foot. I am as concerned as anyone else as to whether our Board has learned anything and I deplore Doncaster''s comments, however, for now it is all about the match and staying focussed on the prime objective which is to keep winning.

So much of the negativity and positivity is just speculation, let''s wait for the facts. There are good and bad times for everything, including protest and this is not a good time to protest or run for cover in my opinion.

It is almost as if some people on here want turmoil and unrest. How about a bit of perspective.

Come on City!

[quote user="kick it off"]

[/quote]

Ah look, someone wrote the manifesto I''ve been meaning to.  Well said, Sir.  My feelings on the matter entirely.   Come February 1st, we will all know whether things need to turn ugly or not.  Until then, let''s see the quality and quantity of signings in January and make a judgement on the board based on form, league position, perceived ambition and transfer funds available.

They know this is their last chance or they lose the fans, apart from the happy clappers.  Let''s see if they deliver.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Good luck Fat Prophet, you`re going to need it! I recommend a padded bandage around your head- you can keep banging for longer but unfortunately the brick wall will look exactly the same as when you started.......[:|][/quote]

The problem with your brick wall is that it''s trapped you in the past Mr Carrow. You should have got out before it was built or insisted they put a gate in so that you could move backwards and forwards more freely....... [:|]

Arganth what the hell are you on about qualify what. Even semi pro players get pxssxed off if their clubs lack  ambition, even right down to sunday football players want to win, letting good players leave does not help and if you dont think players discuss it you have a screw loose.

As for the board where are we in the league, how much are we in debt, despite a season in prem, parachute payments, full houses, profit on transfers, we cant afford a centre back we desperately need for a price which is not exactly outrageous.

I rest my case.

Hell of a lot of Ipshxt fans posting on this forum. On no, its just norwich fans with concerns, anyay whatever please dont post them,you are upsetting all the Percy''s, that wont do. While i am at it, come on city keep the run going, despite the views of some i here, i want you to win every game and stay up, promotion would be lovely but the realist in me will be happy just to survive.

sure there''s confidence and belief back amongst the team, but with taylor gone, his impact will clearly be seen upon our defence today.  for me, taylor is a goodun and has helped players around him, like semmy, marshall and shax to a certain extent get back on their ''a'' game.  i think semmy had his best game for city last week - whereas pre taylor - he looked a player badly short on confidence in a failing defence and weak team.  city have a decent midfield ahead of them now, but can the doc steady nerves at the back??? away from home we''ve looked crap for years now, i hope i''m wrong, but with taylor gone, i see our defence reverting to type and old habits coming back.personally,  i think the board has blinked in the glare of the spotlight, blinked, bottled it, and chosen prudence over ambition again - instead worryingly - its the ambition to escape relegation rather than promotion thats at stake.lets face it - a couple of draws (let alone defeats)  now would probably see us back in the bottom 3 - thats how tight it is.  for me taylor has been a relevation, and has been an integral part in city''s revival - to cast that advantage away is criminal and says everything you need to know about this short-sighted and pocketed board - they''''re hopelessly outa their depth and under their guidence we could be outa this league - but down rather than up.  forget the prem set-up and ambition bull, unless you have the finanaces - its little more than hot-air.   with coventry taken over by a consortium, thats another club with more dosh than us.  we''ve no extra ambitious finances in place now to have a relaisitic tilt at promotion, or maybe even staying in this league - we''re little more than a glorified colchester/southend, but with bigger gates.   we should have enough revenue to survive in this league, if properly managed, but not the genuine finances to mount a feasible promotion push next year.happy days????  not!!! 

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Well I think that whilst Taylor has been solid at the Back, the good run is also down to Pattison''s energy and intelligence in Midfield, Fozzy''s captaincy - its great top see a skipper actually doing some shouting and organising on the pitch at last, Camara''s reliability at LB, and Evan''s excellent play up front. And yet, all the moaners are focussing on one thing - Taylor''s departure. There is clearly money available, but no doubt Roeder wants to spread it over 2 or 3 players, which is sensible and I for one believe is the right way forward. Whatever happens today at Col U we have seen progress in a short time, so lets trust Roeder''s judgement on this and see what happens in January.

[/quote]

Another quality post[Y]

For those of you having a go at Rude Old I think you are not actually reading what he is saying. Those of you who post on here know that I am not a supporter of the board, but as far as the Martin Taylor transfer goes I think the Board have got it spot on. My understanding is that Martin Taylor wants to come to Norwich and does not want to go to QPR which means it does not matter how much QPR offer if the guy has no intention of going there, on the other hand he does want to sign for us and we have submitted a firm offer for him, so now Brum have to decide whether they want to offload Taylor for a fee and remove his wages from the wage bill or pay him to sit on his butt/play in the reserves..........

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="kick it off"]

[/quote]

Ah look, someone wrote the manifesto I''ve been meaning to.  Well said, Sir.  My feelings on the matter entirely.   Come February 1st, we will all know whether things need to turn ugly or not.  Until then, let''s see the quality and quantity of signings in January and make a judgement on the board based on form, league position, perceived ambition and transfer funds available.

They know this is their last chance or they lose the fans, apart from the happy clappers.  Let''s see if they deliver.

[/quote]

Yes. Totally agree with both of you. I think the failure to secure Taylor now is worrying, but no more than that at this stage. It is clear that we must strengthen in the transfer window, and not just at the back. I suspect Taylor may well be back here at a smaller fee in Jan, which would be a case of balancing the money saved against any points we lose in December. If it works out like that, and we have the cash to sign another couple of players as a result, then the decision was the right one.

If we let him go, and we fail to bring in increased quality in Jan, then the decision will have been wrong, and I will be up for going nose to hoof with a police horse.

It''s all about Feb 1.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]For those of you having a go at Rude Old I think you are not actually reading what he is saying. Those of you who post on here know that I am not a supporter of the board, but as far as the Martin Taylor transfer goes I think the Board have got it spot on. My understanding is that Martin Taylor wants to come to Norwich and does not want to go to QPR which means it does not matter how much QPR offer if the guy has no intention of going there, on the other hand he does want to sign for us and we have submitted a firm offer for him, so now Brum have to decide whether they want to offload Taylor for a fee and remove his wages from the wage bill or pay him to sit on his butt/play in the reserves..........[/quote]

Let''s hope so, but even if you are right, the problem remains that we will be missing him for at least four and more likely about six games. I''m not convinced that''s worth 250 grand.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Are you really 20 Kick It Off?

At risk of sounding patronising..what a  mature post.

[/quote]Rudolph, indeed i am twenty. I don''t find your comment patronising, I am just pleased there are like-minded individuals who cannot see the sense in berating the board just before we are asking them to flash the cash. I may be young but am not easily swayed in my opinions, i find my own voice based on the facts and evidence as i see them, and my own interpretations and perceptions of comments to the press. Others may agree, some will obviously disagree, and they are very much entitled to do that, but i like to put my point across.In the modern world of football, nothing is ever cut and dried. What clubs say and what clubs do, often don''t match up. Birmingham may say now we will not sell him at that price to Norwich. However if Taylor refuses to go anywhere else, Blues have little option but to sell him at that price to us. The alternative is for him to sit in the reserves, unhappy and not wanting to be there. That is if Roeder''s comments are to be believed that he has told QPR he sees his future at Carra Rud.Personally I have alot of respect for Roeder, i think he has come here, done a good job in a difficult situation and has been honest and dignified throughout. So i trust the man, and if he thinks Taylor will be back here in January, and judging from the eveidence i feel there is sufficient case to make that claim i will believe him. I have seen nothing to make me think we don''t have any money to spend. Good business would be to say we have no money so we get the cheapest prices. I think that is fair enough and commend Doncaster and the board on using the press in this way. Reading between the lines i feel we have around 2million to spend and Glenn wants 3 or 4 players from what he says. Pattison will obviously be one. He will come fairly cheap as he is out of contract at the end of season so i can''t see a price or more than £300 000. which leaves £1.7mill if my figure is correct, although it is pure conjecture. If we were to spend Birmingham''s reported asking price of £1.25mill on Taylor, that leaves us with about £550 000 for 2 players. If we get taylor for around £800 000 due to playing the Huckerby game again, this leaves closer to £1mill in the coffers for 2 players. This is good financial management imo.I may be completely wrong and Taylor goes to another club. I don''t know. and nor does anyone else until it actually happens. So get off the board''s case and see what comes to fruition, i for one believe the Taylor issue is far from done and dusted. As GR said, "you don''t buy your kids Norwich kits if your only staying for a month".

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The kind of reply you expected because you said you would rather watch ipswich? hardly spectacular that is it? If you suggest you would prefer to watch the scum then that is what you''ll get told to do, so get down off your high horse.

I freely admit i didn''t support the team when they were in the third tier, but in my defence, i wasn''t born then....or can this be held against me too?

I went to my first game before i was two years old, i am now twenty and have always supported the yellows.

They are attracting new money when the vultures close in and buy them at very cheap prices as they are threatened with/go into administration. They have also had the begging bowl out a good few years longer than we have!

I don''t believe it is small minded parochialism. I said i don''t support the current board. I just don''t see how whinging on an internet forum will sort anything out. especially when you don''t know whether we will have any money or not in Jan. You just don''t think we will.

Taylor will come to us at a cheaper price in Jan after refusing QPR imo. Roeder has said that we are lucky as many clubs will have nothing to spend but we have some. He also said he has the full backing of the board and is happy with them. He also stated it was Brady at Bham who was being difficult.

Doncaster has made his annual ''we are so poor'' missive, but he does this just before we embark on a seller''s market in Jan, thus clubs won''t hold us to ransom, as it appears Bham are doing. If they really think we have no money and Taylor refuses to go anywhere else we will get him on the cheap. leaving more funds for other signings.

If you hate the board so much then protest, but i don''t think you''ll find much support on here, hardly going to do us any favours just before we''re begging the board to spend in Jan is it?

After all, you saw the wild successes of the last protest! They got a grand total of one. Since then we have failed to keep a player on loan because his parent club ''flatly refused'' as they didn''t want him injured. We still have a good chance of getting him if we play our cards right. Explain to me how that is the board''s fault? because they didnt force birmingham to let him stay? or because they have not agreed to an inflated fee and are waiting for the price to get dropped for us. Roeder seems to think he''ll be back here.

I truly don''t support Delia et al but I just don''t see the point using any stick to beat them with. Judgement day is Feb 1st.

[/quote]

Perhaps you should re-read my original post. Nowhere does it say that I would rather watch Ipswich. What it does say is that in spite of our financial rectitude and their cheating ways it looks more likely that they will be looking down from the Prem and us looking up from League 1. What position would you rather be in?

As to your 20 years of age, well all I can say to that is you have been most unfortunate to have had to watch so much dross during your supporting years. If I hadn''t experienced the 70''s and 80''s perhaps I also might think things are not too bad. Unfortunately I only see a club in decline.

Judgement days have come and gone young man but I see no sign that the present owners of the club will be its saviours.

Ricardo - Ok if you would rather be in the position of an Ipswich fan then i suggest that maybe you would like to put yourself in one of the local businessman''s shoes after they lost everything due to the scum and their rip-off. I apologise for slightly para-phrasing your comments but the difference was scarce and i think you are being pedantic.Yes i have watched alot of dross, i also have vivid memories of watching us in the season we came third in the prem. I was there when we drew 1-1 with Bayern to put them out of the cup. i took a day off school to go. 3 Years ago I watched us been Man Utd. 4 years ago i watched a fantastic run of form see us win the title. I find your tone patronising and i feel you may be severely underestimating my intelligence if you really think i don''t know how poor things are currently. I understand the severity of the situation, but if you feel that ripping off many local businesses and ruining people''s futures and everything they have ever worked for is both acceptable and a fair price to pay for 20points then i question your morals.I am a man of conscience and dignity, i appreciate the fact my club are the same. I would rather be in our position.I hope that you will be eating your words come February the 1st.I agree the board have been poor. If you want to complain, do it properly, have a protest, get your voice heard. If not then stop using every stick, branch and twig to beat the board with. It won''t get the board out by posting on here will it?As the phrase goes "put up, or shut up"