Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

DOOM AND GLOOM? BLAME YOURSELVES!

What on earth has happened to this Board in the past week?

It seems to have been corrupted by the weak minded who seem so believe Norwich have no longer the right to go to Colchester on the back of a great run of results and look for another win.

Taylor did a great job for us, steadied the ship and for me will always be appreciated for coming here at a crucial time and doing a really professional job - whoever he goes on to play for. As it is, he gets Christmas with his family and Brum get a player who wants to move on but not where they want him to. They either keep paying him or let him come back to Norwich on a permanent for less money than they wanted - sounds like the Huckerby thing again, but who knows, it seems Roeder has a budget and is trying to manage it to bring in as many new players as he can.

Remember, Grant was able to bring in a number of players at the start of the season and was then paid off along with Duffy and on top of that in came Roeder and his team. It isn''t a bottomless pit - especially when the fans of a Club selling out the ground will not - in many cases accept there is scope to charge those fans significantly more. You cannot have it both ways.

There has been too much posting seeking to find negatives or themes such as ''I thought it was good but it''s all gone now.'' Put yourself in the Manager''s position, you have to deal with the loss (for now - perhaps forever) of Taylor and get the situation out of the players heads. Whatever we think of some of our current players the Manager will have to present their recall not as a retrograde step but as an opportunity and he needs to convince them we are not a one man team. A large part of the reason for our defensive resilience is the likes of Pattison in front of the back four.

Looking one game at a time we need wins, we need to win EVERY game and you can see Roeder''s approach in this, he has gone away and attacked. Colchester have goals in them and I expect a real ding-dong game in which to win Norwich will need to look to score three. Hang on to your seats everyone! Colchester also need to win this one - desperately.

If we lose this game we could be back in the bottom three, that would be a disappointment but again, it cannot be allowed to infect attitudes, there is potentially plenty of roller-coaster left in this season.

I see Roeder as someone to be here for he next 5 years plus. He will improve the Club through youth in the long term and over those five years football will go through significant changes which I suspect will continue to disenfranchise many supporters. At the top end the game will continue to shrink unless those who want us to be a strong football nation with a strong national side decide to do something about it.

Put the Taylor stuff away for 48 hours. Look at the positives. Get the strength of feeling back. Be resilient. And above all else send our team to Colchester United with a force of belief and positive anticipation because at this time all that matters is the next game. Focus.

A loan player has returned; negotiations have taken place; Doncaster has written an ill advised article and it is time for The Turners to stop him replying to e-mails and writing press columns and concentrate on his core responsibilities and a few days have passed. The message boards are depressed and it is certain contributors who have done this. It is as though the last month never happened, but it did and team spirit was at the core, we have to maintain this spirit so as supporters please stop damaging ourselves.

Come on City!!!

Gotta bump this - totally, totally agree!

Unfortunately it''s inevitable; some people will always moan.

The only way to keep the moan level down is to:

KEEP ON WINNING!

OTBC!

What has happened on this board is that yet again the fans have been led up the garden path.

A mini revival inspired mainly by the centre half that we have been crying out for for the last 2 seasons has been allowed to splutter out by a Boardroom that is not prepared to take a calculated gamble. This lot have bottled it time after time but some fans seem inclined to keep making excuses for them.

It amazes me how many of you are continully conned by this lot. We will now get press articles about how hard they tried to get their man but but at the end of the day he will be off to QPR or somewhere else with a bit of ambition. Its all a load of bull...t.

You can critise Ipswich for their low gates and the way they have treated their shareholders but next season they could be in the Prem while we are in League 1.

I know what I''d rather have.

here here, fantastic post.

Roeder says he was supported in his attempts to get taylor and it was brum being unreasonable. I believe him.

[quote user="ricardo"]

What has happened on this board is that yet again the fans have been led up the garden path.

A mini revival inspired mainly by the centre half that we have been crying out for for the last 2 seasons has been allowed to splutter out by a Boardroom that is not prepared to take a calculated gamble. This lot have bottled it time after time but some fans seem inclined to keep making excuses for them.

It amazes me how many of you are continully conned by this lot. We will now get press articles about how hard they tried to get their man but but at the end of the day he will be off to QPR or somewhere else with a bit of ambition. Its all a load of bull...t.

You can critise Ipswich for their low gates and the way they have treated their shareholders but next season they could be in the Prem while we are in League 1.

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

It seems to have been corrupted by the weak minded who seem so believe Norwich have no longer the right to go to Colchester on the back of a great run of results and look for another win.

[/quote]

Rude Old, firstly could you please stop using caps for your thread titles, it''s shouty and irritating and suggests that you''re taking yourself too seriously.

Now get a sense of proportion.  There''s been a change of mood on this board since yesterday morning, not for the past week, and it was caused directly by Doncaster''s crass comments and the disappointment of losing Taylor.  For the most part people are not moaning for the sake of it, they are responding to events and expressing their views and concerns.  I thought that''s what this forum was for, among other things.

As for "have no longer the right to go to Colchester . . . and look for another win" anyone who is arrogant enough to think we have the right to beat Colchester on their own turf, either with Taylor or without him, needs to sort out their attitude.

"It isn`t a bottomless pit". Ummm, not so long back we sold Green and Mckenzie for a combined £2.5m. In the close season the club received a £2m loan to balance the books,virtually sold out of season-tickets and banked Â£5.5m in fees for selling Earnshaw, Etuhu and Safri and spent £2.2m on replacements (figures from the latest accounts). We have been told that all money received in transfer fees is available to be re-invested. Even allowing for the cost of the loans there should be a large surplus.

Brady didn''t want to sell to us. Simple as that. She sees a deal in selling Vine and Taylor to QPR for a combined fee with add ons. What are we supposed to do about that?

Good post though, RH - keep the faith, we''re winning and we ''aint going to stop.

To give all the credit of our recent success to Taylor is just wrong.  Did he help? Absolutley.  Do we wish he could have been here permanently? For sure.  Was he singlehandedly responsible for our last 4 wins? No way.

Sure, I wish the board would shell out some more money instead of providing "loans," but to go all gloom and doom right now is just not right.  Let''s see how Roeder fares with the players he has now and then judge. If we lose 3 of the next 4, then you and many others will be in a better position to call out the board and whine and complain that relegation is certain.  But until it is clear that Roeder is unable to get any sort of results with the players we do have, then I think its best to sit tight and watch our team and support them.

At the very least, people should table their gloom and doom until the end of January as the board could possibly surprise you with a signing you least expect.  These boards have definately become a place for people to get on their soapbox to yell "the sky is falling" while it seems they only wish to hear their own voices, and pat themselves on the back.  If we do get relegated, they can say "I told you so" and if we enjoy success, people will be too happy to remember or care about their previous gloom and doom.

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[/quote]

Completely bowled over by your constructive and well reasoned argument.

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[/quote]such a grown up reply!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

To give all the credit of our recent success to Taylor is just wrong.  Did he help? Absolutley.  Do we wish he could have been here permanently? For sure.  Was he singlehandedly responsible for our last 4 wins? No way.

Sure, I wish the board would shell out some more money instead of providing "loans," but to go all gloom and doom right now is just not right.  Let''s see how Roeder fares with the players he has now and then judge. If we lose 3 of the next 4, then you and many others will be in a better position to call out the board and whine and complain that relegation is certain.  But until it is clear that Roeder is unable to get any sort of results with the players we do have, then I think its best to sit tight and watch our team and support them.

At the very least, people should table their gloom and doom until the end of January as the board could possibly surprise you with a signing you least expect.  These boards have definately become a place for people to get on their soapbox to yell "the sky is falling" while it seems they only wish to hear their own voices, and pat themselves on the back.  If we do get relegated, they can say "I told you so" and if we enjoy success, people will be too happy to remember or care about their previous gloom and doom.

[/quote]

More than a decade of relative failure punctuated by one successful season. Instead of building on their good fortune they even manage to chuck that away due to their pre-ordained "Charlton Plan".

As for shouting that "the sky is falling in", too late mate that happened when they bottled it during the Prem season.

Why oh why do we accept this failure so readily?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Taylor did a great job for us, steadied the ship and for me will always be appreciated for coming here at a crucial time and doing a really professional job - whoever he goes on to play for. As it is, he gets Christmas with his family and Brum get a player who wants to move on but not where they want him to. They either keep paying him or let him come back to Norwich on a permanent for less money than they wanted - sounds like the Huckerby thing again, but who knows, it seems Roeder has a budget and is trying to manage it to bring in as many new players as he can.

Remember, Grant was able to bring in a number of players at the start of the season and was then paid off along with Duffy and on top of that in came Roeder and his team. It isn''t a bottomless pit - especially when the fans of a Club selling out the ground will not - in many cases accept there is scope to charge those fans significantly more. You cannot have it both ways.

There has been too much posting seeking to find negatives or themes such as ''I thought it was good but it''s all gone now.'' Put yourself in the Manager''s position, you have to deal with the loss (for now - perhaps forever) of Taylor and get the situation out of the players heads. Whatever we think of some of our current players the Manager will have to present their recall not as a retrograde step but as an opportunity and he needs to convince them we are not a one man team. A large part of the reason for our defensive resilience is the likes of Pattison in front of the back four.

Looking one game at a time we need wins, we need to win EVERY game and you can see Roeder''s approach in this, he has gone away and attacked. Colchester have goals in them and I expect a real ding-dong game in which to win Norwich will need to look to score three. Hang on to your seats everyone! Colchester also need to win this one - desperately.

If we lose this game we could be back in the bottom three, that would be a disappointment but again, it cannot be allowed to infect attitudes, there is potentially plenty of roller-coaster left in this season.

I see Roeder as someone to be here for he next 5 years plus. He will improve the Club through youth in the long term and over those five years football will go through significant changes which I suspect will continue to disenfranchise many supporters. At the top end the game will continue to shrink unless those who want us to be a strong football nation with a strong national side decide to do something about it.

Put the Taylor stuff away for 48 hours. Look at the positives. Get the strength of feeling back. Be resilient. And above all else send our team to Colchester United with a force of belief and positive anticipation because at this time all that matters is the next game. Focus.

A loan player has returned; negotiations have taken place; Doncaster has written an ill advised article and it is time for The Turners to stop him replying to e-mails and writing press columns and concentrate on his core responsibilities and a few days have passed. The message boards are depressed and it is certain contributors who have done this. It is as though the last month never happened, but it did and team spirit was at the core, we have to maintain this spirit so as supporters please stop damaging ourselves.

Come on City!!!

Are you Doncaster in disguise? The fact that Grant was appointed was a disaster for the club, the fact that he was allowed to bring in players, most of them of poor quality was another mistake, giving Duffy 3 games and the sanction to bring in Fat John yet another mistake, Doncaster`s EDP article an ill advised publication, not coming up with the money for Taylor a huge mistake.

You want to open your eyes a bit and look at whats been wasted over the last 6 monthes let alone before that.Roeder will follow the party line on this one but in my opinion he has not  received the backing he expected and that is the biggest mistake of all.  [/quote]

What is all this crap about Brady wouldnt sell to us , some of you are truly unbelievable , of course she wouldnt sell to us, why because we WOULDNT MEET THE ASKING PRICE . As Roeder says on the official site we could not agree on valuation , if we had matched the £1 - £1.2 million bid by QPR Taylor would now be ours .

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I''ve noticed theres a sudden re-appearance of a few familiar posters now things are on the down again.

Funny that.

[/quote]

But they aren''t on the down. The last game was that fourth win out of the last five against Sheffield United.

What I have noticed is that the board is busier again now posters have got something to moan about.

It was oh so quiet for a couple of weeks...... sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [:#]

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I''ve noticed theres a sudden re-appearance of a few familiar posters now things are on the down again.

Funny that.

[/quote]

And the same people defending the board now are the ones who kept saying give Grant time, believed we would make the playoffs with his wonderful signings Brown give him time, Dave the striker,  who cant score goals, Brellier he will be brill, Murray, great for Rangers and now believe the board are right to let a player go over 1 mill when he has shown he was worth every penny. The same people will be backing the board after relegation because Delia saved us and must never be questioned. Well, Hello, some of us are sick to death of it and if our writing about it gets to you, dont read it.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Funny that.

[/quote]

And the same people defending the board now are the ones who kept saying give Grant time, believed we would make the playoffs with his wonderful signings Brown give him time, Dave the striker,  who cant score goals, Brellier he will be brill, Murray, great for Rangers and now believe the board are right to let a player go over 1 mill when he has shown he was worth every penny. The same people will be backing the board after relegation because Delia saved us and must never be questioned. Well, Hello, some of us are sick to death of it and if our writing about it gets to you, dont read it.

[/quote]

Some of them just want a nice quiet board Ricky. If you don''t sing from the Delia songbook or swallow the sayings of the Doomcaster then you are accused of being an Ipswich fan.

The reason some of us have had less to critisise in recent weeks is because it was beginning to look like the Board had learnt their lesson. They financed the arrival of the centre half that has been so obviously needed these last couple of years. They teased us with these loan signings only to pull the rug away when they needed to part with real money.

Funny how they had no problem financing the new road and offices with a £3 million loan.

And you call me cynical??????

Dear oh dear, here we go again with the weak minded. bed wetting, hand wringing, woe woeing, isn''t life unfair dummy spitters all failing to read or understand the original post but simply creating the context to suit their own agendas.

Imagine being in one of the Titanic''s lifeboats with some of the people on here. There you are, lost in a cold sea, clinging to life, looking to survive and all they can whine about is the design faults of the ship now sitting at the bottom of the atlantic; criticising the drowned captan or fretting another iceburg is sure to come along soon.

There is a game on tomorrow you muppets and one we need to win. Forget the Taylor issue for now and put your positive thoughts (or as some call them ''hexes'') towards your team in a gelleresque collective positivity vibe.

Get the chips off your shoulders and get behind those going out on the pitch to play for you.

I have my criticisms and concerns but I refuse to piss in the punch before the party gets going.

Come on City!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Funny that.

[/quote]

But they aren''t on the down. The last game was that fourth win out of the last five against Sheffield United.

What I have noticed is that the board is busier again now posters have got something to moan about.

It was oh so quiet for a couple of weeks...... sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [:#]

[/quote]

Yes nutty, we have got something to moan about.  For the past month or so we''ve been taking a leaf out of the percy positives'' book and starting to hope that improvements on the field were a sign that things were changing for the better in the boardroom.  Perhaps Andrew Turner is calling the shots now? we thought.  Or maybe the real threat of relegation has forced them to give football the priority it deserves?  Get Tiny signed up and we''ll be on road to recovery.

So what actually happened?  In his Thursday column Doncaster spouted the same depressing old guff about prudence without actually using the word, and less than 24 hours later the Taylor deal fell through.  That''s why we''re upset.  It''s not just the loss of Taylor, although it does represent a real backward step because the most significant gap in the squad now needs filling again.  But combine it with Doncaster''s comments and it sends the message that nothing has changed after all.  If nothing changes then we''re going nowhere except possibly down to League 1.  Given the board''s past record, it''s fair to say they have some work to do to prove that it''s not a case of deja vu all over again.    

Yes we''re upset.  We''re bloody upset because we care about this club and we hate to see it losing its identity, its spirit and its sense of direction.  Have you got a problem with that?

Some good points made Rude Old and I agree that the Doomcaster column was very much ill timed and ill advised, for me it smacked of an attempt to harness the "feelgood" factor that has returned. Lets hope the confidence is flowing throgh the team such that we do not miss "Tiny". The harsh fact remains that we are still in a precarious position because of our atrocious start and we still need 29 points from 25 games to be absolutely safe, looking at the next four games you can see us getting anything from 1 point to 9 points depending on which Norwich City turns up, I hope it is the one that is full of confidence......

It must effect the players when good players are left to leave without a fight. I agree things have been positive since Glen arrived but this board just wont learn any negativity is down to them and their sad lack of anything amounting to ambition.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Funny that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes nutty, we have got something to moan about.  For the past month or so we''ve been taking a leaf out of the percy positives'' book and starting to hope that improvements on the field were a sign that things were changing for the better in the boardroom.  Perhaps Andrew Turner is calling the shots now? we thought.  Or maybe the real threat of relegation has forced them to give football the priority it deserves?  Get Tiny signed up and we''ll be on road to recovery.

So what actually happened?  In his Thursday column Doncaster spouted the same depressing old guff about prudence without actually using the word, and less than 24 hours later the Taylor deal fell through.  That''s why we''re upset.  It''s not just the loss of Taylor, although it does represent a real backward step because the most significant gap in the squad now needs filling again.  But combine it with Doncaster''s comments and it sends the message that nothing has changed after all.  If nothing changes then we''re going nowhere except possibly down to League 1.  Given the board''s past record, it''s fair to say they have some work to do to prove that it''s not a case of deja vu all over again.    

Yes we''re upset.  We''re bloody upset because we care about this club and we hate to see it losing its identity, its spirit and its sense of direction.  Have you got a problem with that?

[/quote]

What I have a problem with is working out how we can sign a player outside the transfer window. He is Birminghams player and they call the shots. What deal fell through? His loan came to an end and Birmingham refused to extend it. He is now back there until Jan because the loan window is shut to new loans so nobody else can loan him. What I believe is that Birmingham are trying to spark an auction to enable them to get the best deal they can for their player.

I am not defending the board and neither am I attacking them and I seriously don''t see where your point of view is coming from. We have won 4/5 and more than doubled our points tally in a fortnight - what part of that equates to being bloody upset because we care about this club and we hate to see it losing its identity, its spirit and its sense of direction.

Brum know we want Taylor so do we just let them hold us to ransom?

I will make my judgement when it is clear the Taylor issue is truly over. I suspect we are just setting out our stalls. Otherwise, let''s look for a replacement and trust Roeder to find one.

In the meantime NCFC would be well advised to put a gag on Doncaster because his column was ill timed and ill advised and his public persona is uninspiring. As the saying goes ''he has a good face for radio.'' Doncaster needs his role re-defining and Norwich City need a new public face. Now there''s a debate, who would make a good public face for NCFC? I''ll kick it off by suggesting Dale Gordon.

That said, it doesn''t excuse the rest of you for allowing the pressure to get to you and posting doom and gloom and for those with short memories this began at least as far back as 1st Wizard spitting his dummy over Devonshire''s comments and cancelling his morale boosting hex threads.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Go and watch them then

[/quote]

Completely bowled over by your constructive and well reasoned argument.

[/quote]

Bomber, i thought exactly the same thing.

Ricardo - if you would rather support a certain team down the road, because they are doing well in the league, halfway through the season, then feel free.

I am not a Delia fan by any stretch of the imagination. I support the team and the badge. The current boardroom may be very cautious but at least we are not eve close to the financial difficulties several championship teams are having. I would rather that then tens of local businesses went bust because we were signing the likes of Finindi George.

None of us know what will happen in January, and at the end of the day, investors are hardly beating he door down are they? we will have to put up with our lot, for the time being.

We have a bloody good manager, and the board know this is last chance saloon for them and they have to back their man or pay the price.

Judgement day is Feb 1st for me.

Feel free to go down Portman Road, i would rather support a club whose collective conscience is clear.