Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Sheepshanks is not just wrecking his club but our national team too . . . .

Saw this and although it was printed in a newspaper seems pretty plausable to me, is it not enough Sheepshanks has sold his own club down the river?England''s proposed National Football Centre at Burton

is under threat after Football Association board member David

Sheepshanks said he objected to the site in Staffordshire. (Express)http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7151259.stm

I had seen the article too Chicken. I don''t know if he is wrecking the national team but my reaction on reading the article was I thought Sheepshanks had a bit of nerve being outspoken on national issues given what has transpired with Ipswich in recent past. Some may say that, as he''s on the national board, he has a responsibility to speak out. I would have thought keeping his head low for a while would be more appropriate.

How has Sheepshanks sold his own club down the river? he has just secured us a fanastic deal meaning we are totally finacially stable, he got off his backside and found us a buyer, maybe your lot should do the same considering you are now actually poorer than us and Col who!

As a fan i should be happy that we now have the money to get promotion but i''m not. Theres a feeling going round between other fans that if things go belly up he will sell his share and run leaving us in even more debt than we had before.

No need to worry Locket it''s impossible for him to do that, if he wants to sell the club our debt can only be sold for the £8m he paid to buy it from Norwich Union, it is in his interests to invest in us long term otherwise he won''t see any of his money back! we have a very assured future now my friend, there are some very good times ahead for the super blues!

[quote user="locket45"]

As a fan i should be happy that we now have the money to get promotion but i''m not.

[/quote] Maybe its because you are one of just a few Ipswich fans that actually feel just a wee bit guilty about the way your ''chairman'' treated your suppliers. One of my mates went out of business as a result. Have to say it makes a change to read a posting from a Tractor Boy that doesn''t come out with all the usual sh*t… after all this is our forum! Clblue… look and learn matey, look and learn!

[quote user="clblue"]How has Sheepshanks sold his own club down the river? he has just secured us a fanastic deal meaning we are totally finacially stable, he got off his backside and found us a buyer, maybe your lot should do the same considering you are now actually poorer than us and Col who![/quote]Because he sold his shares to an asset stripper. And financially the only thing you don''t have to worry about is interest on your £30million+ debt, it has not been wiped out.I would be worried, if you don''t make it this season you are going to have to add the losses on top of that because you are not a club runing with proffit.Seems a bit of a risk to me. Sorry but the guy is not an Ipswich fan he doesn''t even want his face to be known particularily, I would find that a bit worrying.

Yeah of course your mate went out of business as a direct result of Ipswich!! besides that is well and truly in the past we are now finacially secure and can enjoy a very healthy looking future, can NCFC say the same?????

[quote user="clblue"]How has Sheepshanks sold his own club down the river? he has just secured us a fanastic deal meaning we are totally finacially stable, he got off his backside and found us a buyer, maybe your lot should do the same considering you are now actually poorer than us and Col who![/quote]

Some of us actually like to pay our debts CL. We don''t just throw ourselves into administration at the expense of several local businesses. Our club has not ruined any companies and that is due to the fact we are a club with dignity and pride unlike your lot.

Sometimes the end does not justify the means. Ipswich is a prime example. I would much rather respect my club than be bust by them.

The financially stable quote, whilst it may be true to your perception, is not actually fact. We have plenty of money coming in off the field, and we OWN Carrow Road. Your lot only rent the ground off the council. You may have money at the moment, but you have no assets at all to borrow money against when it is spent. We may not have anywhere near as much cash in the hand but we have plenty of equity. With no equity and a poor track record of paying off loans and ripping off creditors, you have no chance of any money apart from the money off Evans. If this goes belly up, youare hardly financially stable are you?

Evans can sell his debt for what he paid for it? Watch him take the money and run when he can''t turn a profit out of a club he doesn''t care about.

Question is, who''s going to be there and pick up the pieces if Evans does disappear?

[quote user="clblue"] we have a very assured future now my friend, there are some very good times ahead for the super blues![/quote]

I think you can feel happy at the moment and I would advise you to enjoy it while it lasts my scum friend.  In the short term you are going to have money invested in your team in the hope that you make a quick return to the Premership, if this return to the Premership doesn''t happen this season or next I would be very worried for my team if I was you.

Throwing money at a team doesn''t garantee you will get out this division and if you don''t get out, what will happen to you then??  I might well be wrong here but as I understand it you still owe about £32m its just that this Marcus Evans has bought that debt for £8m.  The club will still end up paying back the £32m its just that he will choose how, when and at what rate of interest. 

You now face the problem that you will not get the amount of quality players that £12m should get you because everyone who sells to you will whack on and extra million because they know you can afford it.

Don''t be surprised if in 2 or 3 years time instead of being in £32m worth or debt you are in £44m worth of debt.  Good luck to you and like I said at the beginning enjoy it while it lasts because you might make it up to the Premership and if you do I only hope we can join you.

" How has Sheepshanks sold his own club down the river? he has just secured us a fanastic deal meaning we are totally finacially stable,"

0h, ha ha ha ha, that is priceless

Do the paupers still owe £32m - YEP

Do the paupers still owe millions to Barclays and the other creditor - YEP

Are the suffolk simpltons shares still worth the same or more even - NOPE
they are virtually worthless

So the lowlife at poorman road have now shafted the very people who kept them afloat when they went tits up

For all that mad jim is nowing talking of loanees in January and the club can be stripped anytime it''s new owners choose. Even the ever gormless Bowden is dampening down hopes of any spending.

Unfortunately for our resident suffolk loser fellow binners are a bit more realistic

" Even though the terms spelt out in letters to shareholders make it an absolute disgrace in my humble opinion. The cold reality of this fire sale has been obscured by some misleading statements about money. The fact remains that shareholders have been shafted and the debt remains in its entirety - and a distinctly dubious deal is presented as a fait accompli.

Why?

The cut-price debt purchase by an invisible man fronted by some people nobody knows for an off-shore company with no discernible assets is to my mind profoundly worrying.

" If we dissect away the spin and misleading puff - Town are not a lot better off than before. They still owe £32 million - and they''re still losing money hand over fist each year under reckless management."

the vulutures are not hovering, they''ve started to pull the rotten carcase apart

RIPswich

[quote user="clblue"]Yeah of course your mate went out of business as a direct result of Ipswich!! besides that is well and truly in the past[/quote] Actually sunshine he did… you might say it was his own fault for putting all his eggs in one basket… I certainly told him of the dangers of that over the years. He believed that the Binners were honourable, he was badly mistaken. You might want to ask him if its all in the past… you might get an unpleasant answer. And he''s a scummer too… or should I say he was!

His dad used to do a lot of work for The Cobbolds and he was treated well by them, the son thought the same would apply to Sheepshanks and the rest of his crew but he was very wrong! He is now deeply ashamed of having ever been associated with them. You might wanna go around those businesses affected and ask them how they feel about your disgraceful club… it will open your eyes to the real world. Going bust is the extreme… re-mortgaging and going deep into debt to save your company cos Posh Boy won''t honour his debts is every bit as painful! I''ve never taken to Tractor bashing just cos of who you lot are but your attitude is sadly reflective of a high proportion of your lot… I do sinderely hope you all crash and burn

[quote user="City1st"]" How has Sheepshanks sold his own club down the river? he has just secured us a fanastic deal meaning we are totally finacially stable,"

0h, ha ha ha ha, that is priceless

Do the paupers still owe £32m - YEP

Do the paupers still owe millions to Barclays and the other creditor - YEP

Are the suffolk simpltons shares still worth the same or more even - NOPE
they are virtually worthless

So the lowlife at poorman road have now shafted the very people who kept them afloat when they went tits up

For all that mad jim is nowing talking of loanees in January and the club can be stripped anytime it''s new owners choose. Even the ever gormless Bowden is dampening down hopes of any spending.

Unfortunately for our resident suffolk loser fellow binners are a bit more realistic

" Even though the terms spelt out in letters to shareholders make it an absolute disgrace in my humble opinion. The cold reality of this fire sale has been obscured by some misleading statements about money. The fact remains that shareholders have been shafted and the debt remains in its entirety - and a distinctly dubious deal is presented as a fait accompli.

Why?

The cut-price debt purchase by an invisible man fronted by some people nobody knows for an off-shore company with no discernible assets is to my mind profoundly worrying.

" If we dissect away the spin and misleading puff - Town are not a lot better off than before. They still owe £32 million - and they''re still losing money hand over fist each year under reckless management."

the vulutures are not hovering, they''ve started to pull the rotten carcase apart

RIPswich

[/quote]

Idiot 98% of our shareholders voted for this deal, so therfore they don''t feel shafted and are more than happy with the deal that we now have!!! The difference is we now don''t have to repay a single penny to evans until we have been established in the premiership for 5 running years, so in other words he can''t decide when we repay him, it is already decided!!!

To the other idiot, who cares about dignity, football is a RESULTS business anything else if completely irrelvant, if you get relegated this season will you think to yourselves " oh well at least we kept our dignity"!!

Oh and im still laughing that our Youth team beat your fringe first team 5-1 on your own ground!!!!!!

CL - i don''t appreciate being called an idiot for thinking that morals should still hold a priority in the current world.

If you think dignity and ethics are for idiots it is sadly reflective of the state of your club but moreover of you.

I also don''t appreciate being called an idiot by a scummer on a Norwich messageboard.

Football may be a results business, most businesses are also results based - how easy is it to produce results when you are ripped off by the very club you helped to keep afloat by investing in shares? Ask some of your past creditors, see what they think.

Hopefully you will find out first hand how easy it is to achieve when all your assets have been stripped.

Yes if we were to be relegated i would still be proud of my club. Can you say you''ll be proud of your rip-off merchant club if you get promoted? if so, i suggest you think seriously about your judgements and re-think your values and definition of pride.

Laugh all you want about your youth team, when Evans begins his asset stripping, lets see how long they actually last at your club. My guess is that if they are half-decent then not very long.

Poor old saddo, not a clue as he desperately tries to put a gloss on the death throes of the Fagin''s den at poorman road.

98% of your shareholders DID NOT vote for this exercise. There was only 400 in the building when the vote took place. It was block voting that carried the night.

MEI own your club. They can do as they wish, whenever they wish. Nonsense about 5 years is no more valid that the red faced buffoon''s claims about meeting the debt payments outside of the Premiership, it all being costed and a few weeks before the grubby little club went tits up that traders had nothing to fear the club as the was in a strong viable position.

Also odd how the bleats from the pitchfork jugglers about them being debt free have now quietened down - except our loser stuck up in his back bedroom furiously hammering away (at the keyboard I hope). The above quote was from twtd where many are now expressing serious concerns about this handing over of the club.

ipswich town, not so much northern rock as southern cock

RIPswich

[quote user="clblue"]Yeah of course your mate went out of business as a direct result of Ipswich!! besides that is well and truly in the past we are now finacially secure and can enjoy a very healthy looking future, can NCFC say the same?????[/quote]

Your NOT financially secure, all that has taken place is that Evens has taken on the debt from others. So  you are now in debt to him.

Knowing our manager he''ll go crazy when spending the money and we''ll end up with players who are not very good.

Spending what money ?Try reading another take on this asset stripping exercise, again from a binner (different one this time) -http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=2483_2986171

[quote user="City1st"]Spending what money ?

Try reading another take on this asset stripping exercise, again from a binner (different one this time) -

http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=2483_2986171
[/quote]

City1st. are you trying to say that we will not spend a penny in January? If so you are very deluded, it''s true we don''t need to spend fortunes as we have a top 6 side already but we will still spend £2-£3m to give us a chance of automatic promotion!!

and to the other guy, if we get promoted I will feel very proud indeed as all town supporters will, I will not care in the slightest that a few people didn''t get paid what they were owed, that is life, life is tough, it happens every day of the week in the business world!

Asset stripping?? We have NO assets which is the only reason we got bought out in the first place, Evans will not recieve any money until we can AFFORD to re-pay it, we will never afford to repay it in the championship, so therfore his only hope of recouping his money will be when we are established in the premier league, we will not get promoted if Evans sells our best players ( The values of which would currently not be that high) so from that point of view there is zero credince to your claims!!! As for only 400 turning up, that is true but loads more shareholders (like myself) sent their votes into the club!

[quote user="andy larkin"][quote user="locket45"]

As a fan i should be happy that we now have the money to get promotion but i''m not.

[/quote] Maybe its because you are one of just a few Ipswich fans that actually feel just a wee bit guilty about the way your ''chairman'' treated your suppliers. One of my mates went out of business as a result. Have to say it makes a change to read a posting from a Tractor Boy that doesn''t come out with all the usual sh*t… after all this is our forum! Clblue… look and learn matey, look and learn![/quote]

Actually, I think there are more I****** fans than you think who are not entirely comfortable with what is happening to their club. After my EDP column last weekend, I had 11 e-mails from south of the border in response to what I said about the shenanigans at Portman Road. Five of the 11 said they didn''t like what was happening, and three of them agreed that if they''d been docked points, they''d have deserved it!

A little bird told me you boycotted a Norwich Union business lunch to protest against there financial support for the Scum. Is that true? If so top bloke I say.

Fans Eye, I read your article yesterday and I found it very bitter and very deluded! You are clearly a bitter and twisted man who can''t handle the fact that you are years behind ITFC both on and now off the field! Your article annoyed me so much I felt it appropriate to reply with my own article on the Ipswich rivals site as I am a columnist there. It should be online this afternoon/tom so please feel free to read it! The one question I have for you though is why do you feel that we should have a ten point deduction? That ONLY applies to sides who go into admin, since we are not in admin why do we deserve that? I admit we were perhaps a tad fortunate that this ruling wasn''t in place when we went into admin a few years back but it wasn''t so why should we care about that?

Poor old binner, now obliged to making up stuff to reply to. Where did I say you would not be spending a penny ? You''ve scaled down massively from the supposed £12m that was available.There are many assets that can be stripped, there is the income (albeit dropping faster than your collapsing spaniard) player''s contracts and the training ground. MEI, who are linked to corporate hospitality, can easily use poorman road for free and do what they wish - they own you.Whether you can afford it is not here no there either. It will be determined by your new owners. They want the money, they will take it. If you think they have stumped up that amount of money to help fulfill the wishes of a few thousand gormless farmhands then you are stupider than your posts on here would suggest.

[quote user="Kathy"]

A little bird told me you boycotted a Norwich Union business lunch to protest against there financial support for the Scum. Is that true? If so top bloke I say.

[/quote]

News does travel, doesn''t it? Your source isn''t quite correct, but not far off.

The press team at Norwich Union (who are top people, by the way) invited me to an annual event for some of the local media, in my capacity as a business reporter. Although what happened at Portman Road was down to Morley rather than NU, they are both part of Aviva, and I was uncomfortable at the idea of being a City columnist enjoying Aviva hospitality so soon after the announcement of the Ipswich situation.

What happened at Ipswich annoyed me immensely, and I thought my presence would be hypocritical.

To call it a boycott would be going a tad far - I just didn''t think it appropriate at the time. But we''re all still friends, and the press team will be supplying me with their usual column for my personal finance pages this Saturday (which I know is your second favourite weekend read, after Fan''s Eye).

[quote user="City1st"]Poor old binner, now obliged to making up stuff to reply to. Where did I say you would not be spending a penny ? You''ve scaled down massively from the supposed £12m that was available.

There are many assets that can be stripped, there is the income (albeit dropping faster than your collapsing spaniard) player''s contracts and the training ground. MEI, who are linked to corporate hospitality, can easily use poorman road for free and do what they wish - they own you.

Whether you can afford it is not here no there either. It will be determined by your new owners. They want the money, they will take it.

If you think they have stumped up that amount of money to help fulfill the wishes of a few thousand gormless farmhands then you are stupider than your posts on here would suggest.
[/quote]

City 1st, we have NO money for ME to reclaim, in case you didn''t know you earn peanuts for being in the championship, like i said the only POSSIBLE way he will ever recoup any real money is if we get established in the premiership, because A/ That is the only place we will earn any money for him to recoup and B/ we have a LEGALLY BINDING contract that states this!

Why can you not grasp this?

We know we won''t spend the majority of the £12m we never thought we would, however it means we don''t have to sell Garvan, Haynes, Walters etc and as we already have a more than adequate championship squad we can just reinforce what we already have for a couple of million!

It''s a great scenario for town why can''t you just be happy for us???????????

[quote user="clblue"]Fans Eye, I read your article yesterday and I found it very bitter and very deluded! You are clearly a bitter and twisted man who can''t handle the fact that you are years behind ITFC both on and now off the field! Your article annoyed me so much I felt it appropriate to reply with my own article on the Ipswich rivals site as I am a columnist there. It should be online this afternoon/tom so please feel free to read it! The one question I have for you though is why do you feel that we should have a ten point deduction? That ONLY applies to sides who go into admin, since we are not in admin why do we deserve that? I admit we were perhaps a tad fortunate that this ruling wasn''t in place when we went into admin a few years back but it wasn''t so why should we care about that?[/quote]

I''m not bitter. I may be deluded - that''s a matter of opinion, though.

But why should you have lost 10 points?

You''re right to say that the penalty only applies to clubs that go into administration. That was the whole point of my column. - the rules need to be tightened up. Here''s why:

1) The 10-point penalty was introduced to penalise clubs that spent irresponsibly. The aim was to stop them gambling everything knowing that they could simply wipe out any losses if the gamble didn''t pay off.

2) Morley - part of Aviva - was owed a lot of money by Ipswich, but Sheepshanks was told that a buyer (Evans) would only come in if that debt could be negotiated downwards.

3) There is no evidence (so far as I know) that you were facing administration if you couldn''t find a buyer, but such a scenario must have been a possibility. Morley is not a charity and would surely not have agreed to cut the debt if it thought the alternative wasn''t going to be even worse.

4) So in order to facilitate what was (presumably) a necessary sale of the club, your main creditors wiped out much of what you owed them.

5) Return to point 1 above - that is exactly the reason a 10-point penalty was introduced in the first place.

I''m not saying your club should have been penalised under the rules as they stand now. I''m simply saying that the rules should be tightened so that all clubs (whether via formal administration or not) should be punished for wiping out their debts in this way.

Well they still owe the £32mand the millions to the banksall that has really changed is that the new owners can make them cough up when they, the new owners, decide.Oh, and the poor deluded farm hands who bought shares at £200 a time to save the club now find their shares pretty much worthlessDefrauding local traders, cheating a charity and employing a coach who robs the youth team players, yep we''ve a lot to emulateMaybe some may dislike the board but at least we know who they are, not some anonymous shysters registered in an offshore tax havenpoorman road - the future is bleakRIPswich

Fans eye  The thing to remember though is that when we went into admin our debts weren''t wiped out, thi £32m isn''t new debt gained since admin it is debt that we would have been punished for had the rules been different back then! If a club can reuce out their debts through negotiation with large companys then I can''t see anything wrong! Trust me as a Town supporter we have been punished adequately because of our debts, we have sold all of our best players for next to nothing to try and make ends meet, in footballing terms we were set back by 5 years because of our debts! Had we been able to keep the likes of Daren Bent, Marcus Bent, Ambrose, Holland, Hreidarson etc then we would almost certainly have been in the premier league by now!

City 1st/Bolshie Budgie I see no reason to enter any more debate with you, it''s clear that despite whatever facts are thrown in from of you, you are still going to choose to believe your own twisted mind telling you not what is happening but what you really HOPE happens to us!

90% of Town fans are over the moon with this investment, you can''t please everyone but on the whole we are delighted and if we can bring in the right players then we can enjoy a great season this year, can you honestly say the same?

[quote user="clblue"]

[quote user="City1st"]Poor old binner, now obliged to making up stuff to reply to. Where did I say you would not be spending a penny ? You''ve scaled down massively from the supposed £12m that was available.There are many assets that can be stripped, there is the income (albeit dropping faster than your collapsing spaniard) player''s contracts and the training ground. MEI, who are linked to corporate hospitality, can easily use poorman road for free and do what they wish - they own you.Whether you can afford it is not here no there either. It will be determined by your new owners. They want the money, they will take it. If you think they have stumped up that amount of money to help fulfill the wishes of a few thousand gormless farmhands then you are stupider than your posts on here would suggest.[/quote]

City 1st, we have NO money for ME to reclaim, in case you didn''t know you earn peanuts for being in the championship, like i said the only POSSIBLE way he will ever recoup any real money is if we get established in the premiership, because A/ That is the only place we will earn any money for him to recoup and B/ we have a LEGALLY BINDING contract that states this!

Why can you not grasp this?

We know we won''t spend the majority of the £12m we never thought we would, however it means we don''t have to sell Garvan, Haynes, Walters etc and as we already have a more than adequate championship squad we can just reinforce what we already have for a couple of million!

It''s a great scenario for town why can''t you just be happy for us???????????

[/quote]The main reason we are not happy for your sham of a club is because of fans like you CL. If you had come on here and been humble and respectful like locket then no-one would have a problem with you. But you didn''t, you came on here shouting your  mouth off so you reap what you sow imo.There is NO LEGALLY BINDING contract in place that MEI can''t take the money til you have been in the Prem for 5seasons. This is utter nonsense.You sir, are a moron, you are not contributing anything constructive, but rather trying to wind people up. Both sides have differing opinions. Time will tell who''s right. If you do go bust under Evans stewardship, note that you were warned, and you will not get any sympathy from this side as your lot deserve everything they get.

I''m not too sure what our sad little cockney wannabe is bleating about. Us City fans don''t understand ''facts'' it appears. So let us have a look, shall we ?" If a club can reuce out their debts through negotiation with large companys then I can''t see anything wrong! "Neither can any of us. However you poor old paupers haven''t, you still owe as much as before handed over your club." we were set back by 5 years because of our debts"Yes, you incured those debts by defaulting on locals to pay for these players. Rather like me using my mortgage payments to buy a flash car and top of the range electrical goods then whinging when the bank takes them off me in lieu of payments." 90% of Town fans are over the moon with this investment "Have you asked them all, quite a lot to get in your back bedroom. Does your Mum know about all these people tramping up the stairs or is this just more fantasy on your part ? A desperate wish not to see the ''bleedin'' obvious''. Odd though that you whinge about how naughty it is when "  we have sold all of our best players for next to nothing " though earlier you said " I will not care in the slightest that a few people didn''t get paid what

they were owed, that is life, life is tough, it happens every day of

the week in the business "Lets hope you feel the same once MEI have stripped you bare.RIPswich