Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Last summer strikers, this summer defenders?

As everyone knows last summer was plagued by our inability to sign a striker. We were all pretty annoyed at the time when we lost out on Hulse, Connolly etc etc. Of course it didn''t matter cos you know who came on loan a few weeks into the season. My question though is this- Will this summer be plagued with an inability to sign a quality defender? I know it''s very early days but things haven''t started promisingly. We''ve lost Scimica to West Brom, Laurson considers a move here as "unattractive" (prat) and Purse is almost certainly going to, surprise surprise, West Brom. I''m getting déjà vu!!

I know it''s early days, but I''m worried we could be in for the same problem.

Thoughts?

Funds aren''t such an issue as they were this time last year, although admittedly we''re looking for a better calibre of player this time around.
I think Worthy has plently of time to find some more class for us.
Lets enjoy the Euro championships and see what gems he can dig up from that :)

absolutely herb, while fools rush in (eh meggie?) wise men wait and contemplate their next moves

believe me, worthy wins every time in the transfer market, megson will never be a better manager, even if he were loaned the entire arsenal team for the season

DD ....... As you might know , I do not believe in any big difference between 1st div and prem players ! .......... after all , our team ARE prem players now .... ! by logic we should be able to meet at least half of the prem teams on equal terms ..if not more so ! ....... and do not underestimate the ability of our players to raise their game , and adapt ..... :o)