Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

For want of a nail the shoe was lost....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

There is a massive, massive difference between splashing ridiculous amounts on non-English speaking foreigners and looking a gift-horse in the mouth. The board would have done it with Huckerby if the likes of me hadn`t paid for him, they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again and are prepared to risk relegation for the sake of haggling over a few £100k with Brum. Indefensible.

[/quote]

Wow.. you not only our number one supporting away fan but you also got us Hux [H][<:o)]

We really are not worthy [;)]

[/quote]

I think Barry Skipper had more to do with it than me Nutty. Did you speak to him at the AGM or were you at the back trying your hardest not to rock the boat? He`s not a happy bunny at all apparently, so that`s one more the board has managed to alienate.

[/quote]

Do you play Monopoly??  I had Subuteo as a kid and enjoyed that much more.

Nigel Worthington had more to do with it than ''the suits''.

I wasn''t at the AGM. I haven''t been to one since the EGM at St Andrews hall after Ken Brown was sacked. I was at Burnley, Plymouth and Blackpool though. You don''t seem to be able to make the games or the AGM''s...

Do you play football manager?

Well done on making it to Colchester though [Y][:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

There is a massive, massive difference between splashing ridiculous amounts on non-English speaking foreigners and looking a gift-horse in the mouth. The board would have done it with Huckerby if the likes of me hadn`t paid for him, they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again and are prepared to risk relegation for the sake of haggling over a few £100k with Brum. Indefensible.

[/quote]

Wow.. you not only our number one supporting away fan but you also got us Hux [H][<:o)]

We really are not worthy [;)]

[/quote]

I think Barry Skipper had more to do with it than me Nutty. Did you speak to him at the AGM or were you at the back trying your hardest not to rock the boat? He`s not a happy bunny at all apparently, so that`s one more the board has managed to alienate.

[/quote]

Do you play Monopoly??  I had Subuteo as a kid and enjoyed that much more.

Nigel Worthington had more to do with it than ''the suits''.

I wasn''t at the AGM. I haven''t been to one since the EGM at St Andrews hall after Ken Brown was sacked. I was at Burnley, Plymouth and Blackpool though. You don''t seem to be able to make the games or the AGM''s...

Do you play football manager?

Well done on making it to Colchester though [Y][:P]

[/quote]

Ok, you believe your own "special" version of history if you are more comfortable with it. You have no idea how many games i go to. I am financially boycotting the club as i don`t want my cash to pay for yet more infrastructure-but i do know a good number of season-ticket holders. See if you can work it out.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Ok, you believe your own "special" version of history if you are more comfortable with it. You have no idea how many games i go to. I am financially boycotting the club as i don`t want my cash to pay for yet more infrastructure-but i do know a good number of season-ticket holders. See if you can work it out.

[/quote]

My own special version of history? Are you seriously trying to tell me that Barry Skipper had more to do with us signing Hux than Worthy did? The much hated (by most on here) Barry Skipper certainly was instrumental but it was the much hated (by most on here) Nigel Worthington who really sold the club to Hux.

Come and say hello at Sunny Scunny [H]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Nutty - Like your "Nostalgia" thing at the bottom of your posts, how about "Denying past glories can be a way of accepting present mediocrity" as an alternative?[/quote]

That''s a strange thing to say SOB, but yeah, if you denied past glories I guess you could more readily accept present mediocrity. Thing is, the Norwich we watch now is all there is now, and for me it''s not as bad as people would have you believe just as the past was not all about glory days.

Or to look at it a different way - my daughter has only been going for the last 12 seasons and she has found plenty of enjoyment during the present mediocrity. But if I had stayed up in my attic with my scrapbooks, Babes style, she would never have got the bug. And now my grandson has been to a few games and he may get the bug. Sure if you can''t find any enjoyment in the present mediocrity there''s no point going - but then - what''s the point of coming to rant on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Nutty - Like your "Nostalgia" thing at the bottom of your posts, how about "Denying past glories can be a way of accepting present mediocrity" as an alternative?[/quote]

That''s a strange thing to say SOB, but yeah, if you denied past glories I guess you could more readily accept present mediocrity. Thing is, the Norwich we watch now is all there is now, and for me it''s not as bad as people would have you believe just as the past was not all about glory days.

Or to look at it a different way - my daughter has only been going for the last 12 seasons and she has found plenty of enjoyment during the present mediocrity. But if I had stayed up in my attic with my scrapbooks, Babes style, she would never have got the bug. And now my grandson has been to a few games and he may get the bug. Sure if you can''t find any enjoyment in the present mediocrity there''s no point going - but then - what''s the point of coming to rant on here.

[/quote]

Expect you''d enjoy yourself in the fourth division, dear nigel, since you are so complacent about our trend line down under Auntie.

There'' a hole in your bucket dear nigel, dear nigel, a hole in your bucket dear nigel a hole.......

I saw a couple of the early round FA cup ties, and believe you me, I would not be looking forward to a weekly diet of that.

You might care to use Scunthorpe away and Bury at home as testers.

Merry Xmas (and if that''s politically incorrect, then I most humbly apologise profusely in advance).

But let''s agree on something and wish all City fans across the spectrum A VERY HARRY NEW YEAR.

[<:o)]wave - New!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Merry Xmas (and if that''s politically incorrect, then I most humbly apologise profusely in advance).

But let''s agree on something and wish all City fans across the spectrum A VERY HARRY NEW YEAR.

[<:o)]wave - New!

OTBC

[/quote]

Christmas is a magical time of year and these posts remind me of Charles Dickens ''A Christmas Carol''. But where as dear old Ebeneezer, just like your good self, pleads with the Ghost Of Christmas Past not to leave he actually manages to stay awake long enough to be visited by the other two ghosts. It seems you fall into a contented sleep after ''The Ghost Of Canaries Past'' visits, dreaming of those happy days where you remember those Boards of years gone by and their open cheque books. Deep in your slumber you remember Duncan Forbes striding gracefully across our back line snuffing out all dangers Rio Ferdinandesque.

If you just stayed awake a little bit longer you would meet the ''Ghost Of Canaries Present''. He would take you to watch Gary Doherty, a player you have wronged. He would show you an international footballer who wears the famous yellow shirt with pride and who has been the best defender at our great club for the last three seasons. He would make you watch him defend rather than form an opinion on style. Then on to Aunty Delia''s where you would see someone who cares for the club as much as the rest of us and he would show you how she has a greater understanding of the pressures and problems of competing at the level we aspire to than most of us on here. If there''s time he would take you to see Glen Roeder''s christmas and show you a man who chooses his words carefully in order to speak the truth and leave people in no doubt he is genuine, the real deal in fact.

If you are lucky you may stay awake long enough to meet ''The Ghost Of Canaries Yet To Come''. This is the one all of us would like to meet. If we could see the future we would know for sure which posters had it spot on and which were misguided.

I would like to meet ''The Ghost Of Canaries Yet To Come'' but not at the expense of  ''The Ghost Of Canaries Present''.

Happy Christmas BlyBlyBabes... we could drink a toast but you need to check out your wine glass, I think there''s a hole in it because it''s never even half full [D]

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again .......

[/quote]

Would you care to share your understanding of the Crouch bid?

blyblybabes - sorry I cant see the question.... repeat it please?
[/quote]

I believe we were debating this a few weeks ago and you didn`t respond to my last post. Feel free to dig the thread up and respond.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T07"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again .......

[/quote]

Would you care to share your understanding of the Crouch bid?

blyblybabes - sorry I cant see the question.... repeat it please?
[/quote]

I believe we were debating this a few weeks ago and you didn`t respond to my last post. Feel free to dig the thread up and respond.

[/quote]

Well TO7, it''s a long time ago now, but it sort of related to what the customers would think of the cakes if the cook didn''t add the baking powder?

But since it''s the season of good cheer, let''s forget about that and wish all the posters on this board....

A Very Happy New Year complete with wonderful new benchmarks for this board delivered by the ghosts of Xmas past.

[<:o)]

OTBC

Nutty - No stranger than your "Nostalgia" thing. Lets get one thing clear I will always go to watch Norwich City, even if we were in the "Conference", but that does not mean I have to like it (by that I mean just accept the fact that we had fallen so far). I accept the younger fans have no concept of League Cup Finals, FA Cup semi finals, challenging for the title in the top tier of English football and a foray into the UEFA cup, but I do and I would like to think we could/should at least be challenging for a place at the top table, I would be more than happy if we were a "yo yo" team, I am not suggesting for one minute that we should be back to those heady days. Maybe all us old gits should just fade away as clearly we have no place at CR........ 

SOB - If you don''t enjoy going why bother? Nobody said we shouldn''t want success, do you think I don''t want success? Nobody said we shouldn''t enjoy our great history and I share my memories on here as much as anyone and more than most. I don''t deny past glories, I have enjoyed them. Wembley Cup Finals, FA Cup Semi''s, European games, three Championships, challenging at the top of the Premiership, I have seen them all right from the mid sixties to now. But I still enjoy the now, I enjoyed Worthingtons championship as much as Saunders'' in 1972. I enjoyed the Play Off final as much as the Tottenham League Cup Final, I even enjoyed going to Blackpool a few weeks ago and I will enjoy going to Sunny Scunny on Saturday.

The whole point of my sig is that some posters on here polish up the best bits from the past and leave the rest to rot in the dustbin. A few months ago I posted about the disgraceful zigger zagger chant directed at Geoffrey Watling in the 60''s but nobody remembers that. We look on Duncan Forbes (a true city legend I might add) as being everything Gary Doherty isn''t, whereas if you were to look a bit harder at the present and remember a bit more from the past you would realise that''s not really the case.

When people post about the present it''s fashionable to moan about everything even to the point where there''s more kudos in scoring points against our great club by using our deadliest rivals. And yet the gulf between the two clubs was probably at its biggest in the late 70''s and early 80''s. There isn''t even any certainty that they will finish above us this season and they certainly didn''t look as good as us when we played them a few weeks ago.

If we were a yoyo club we would want more, if we were a mid-table premiership club we would want more, if we were top 6 we would want Champions league and if we had that we would want the title. There''s nothing wrong with that, it''s part of being a fan to have those ambitions. If you dare to dream you will suffer disappointments but that''s part of being a fan too. The FA Cup starts in a fortnight... are you dreaming SOB.... because I am.

If we were a yoyo club we would want more, if we were a mid-table premiership club we would want more, if we were top 6 we would want Champions league and if we had that we would want the title. There''s nothing wrong with that, it''s part of being a fan to have those ambitions. If you dare to dream you will suffer disappointments but that''s part of being a fan too. The FA Cup starts in a fortnight... are you dreaming SOB.... because I am.

[/quote]

true, but our performance since the promotion season has been dismal at best.  Hence why we are 4th bottom.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

true, but our performance since the promotion season has been dismal at best.  Hence why we are 4th bottom.

[/quote]

At no point have I ever argued with that fact CJF. But I have still enjoyed supporting my club and going to games. The beauty of football is you never know what to expect and that is why all fans dream. Realists left the ground at 4-1 against Boro.. the dreamers stayed and for once were rewarded.

Nutty said:

We look on Duncan Forbes (a true city legend I might add) as being everything Gary Doherty isn''t, whereas if you were to look a bit harder at the present and remember a bit more from the past you would realise that''s not really the case.

[/quote]

Ipso facto. Doherty is as good as Forbes. Doherty is good enough to help get us up into top tier and help to keep us there. Doherty is good enough to become a true legend.

That is your logic, Nutty, whether you like it or not.

But if you want to continue what UI and many others consider your illogically persistent defences of both the current NCFC board and Gary Doherty, that is your right and privilege as a free citizen in a democracy! And as a man of Norfolk.

But you wouldn''t pass an exam in logic.

However, if Doherty does become a true legend I am sure we will all be very happy because no doubt the team will have achieved, and you will have turned the rules of logic upside down!! And funnily enough, a I do actually hope that you are right about him.

A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend.

OTBC

But if you want to continue what UI and many others consider your

illogically persistent defences of both the current NCFC board and Gary

Doherty, that is your right and privilege as a free citizen in a

democracy! And as a man of Norfolk.Bly, the logic being used to defend the board is being debated on various threads at the moment, and the logic is sound. If you have a look at what is happening at other clubs, and to football in general, I think you will understand the boards actions. This isn''t just a debate about NCFC, its really a debate about football in general and if you don''t understand what is going on (beyond the headlines), you won''t understand why the board are doing what they are doing or the logic being used by those that defend the board.

Nutty said:

We look on Duncan Forbes (a true city legend I might add) as being everything Gary Doherty isn''t, whereas if you were to look a bit harder at the present and remember a bit more from the past you would realise that''s not really the case.

[/quote]

Ipso facto. Doherty is as good as Forbes. Doherty is good enough to help get us up into top tier and help to keep us there. Doherty is good enough to become a true legend.

That is your logic, Nutty, whether you like it or not.

But if you want to continue what UI and many others consider your illogically persistent defences of both the current NCFC board and Gary Doherty, that is your right and privilege as a free citizen in a democracy! And as a man of Norfolk.

But you wouldn''t pass an exam in logic.

However, if Doherty does become a true legend I am sure we will all be very happy because no doubt the team will have achieved, and you will have turned the rules of logic upside down!! And funnily enough, a I do actually hope that you are right about him.

OTBC

[/quote]

Nasty, nasty. Did anyone say Doherty was as good as Forbes.

Don''t try and shift the focus. You should be ashamed.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed in you and I think you should withdraw your comment.

Do you remember posting to me like this after illogical posters made it look as though Roeder tells lies?

Pot - Kettle?

And you should know whether I am right about Doherty.. unless of course you have never seen him play.

Ipso Facto Green Grow The Rushes O!

OTBC

[/quote]

And a Merry Christmas to you Bly, and Mr Carrow, Mello, SOB and CJF because I have enjoyed our parts in this thread. How about making an appearance on the ''Free Bet Fred''?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

And a Merry Christmas to you Bly, and Mr Carrow, Mello, SOB and CJF because I have enjoyed our parts in this thread. How about making an appearance on the ''Free Bet Fred''?

[/quote]

How about making an appearance on the ''Free Bet Fred''?...........How about, not?[:|].......Gambler''s, should remain anonymous.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

How about making an appearance on the ''Free Bet Fred''?...........How about, not?[:|].......Gambler''s, should remain anonymous.

[/quote]

Now "Mellow" you are such a sweet and lovely old boy Iam sure perhaps the sweetest in the county ,but I do feel you are misguided because us on the Free Bet pages are not gamblers there is no money involved ,we are trying with our knowledge of football to gain some money for our beloved Academy and it doesn''t cost us a penny .I do wish you could understand.

Now "Mellow" I see with all those posts behind your name your knowledge on football must be immense ,having said that most on this board can''t understand why you don''t grace us with one of your selections .All I am asking from you is one team that you think will win this weekend in order to help our Clubs Academy I am sure you want to help don''t you?

Now "Mellow" don''t think we will laugh and point our fingers at you (because there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet thread) if you get your selection wrong we are all like family on the Free Bet thread . Now "Mellow" can i welcome you to our family ? arrdee.