Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

For want of a nail the shoe was lost....

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost

For want of a shoe, the horse was lost

For want of a horse, the rider was lost

For want of a rider, the battle was lost

For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost

And all for the want of a horseshoe nail....

Am I being naughty to find a parallel here with the attitude of the board of NCFC, when it comes to spending on players?

Tiny Taylor is a case in point.

He could be the"nail" to save us from relegation.

How much would you pay for that nail ....... any price? No. Then you agree with Roeder and Munby. Good. All back on the same sheet. Next pointless post.

A million and a quarter pounds for a nail?!

Its hard to make any judgements unless we know the size of the tranfer budget, and Glen''s preferred list of targets - both names and numbers.

[quote user="T07"]How much would you pay for that nail ....... any price? No. Then you agree with Roeder and Munby. Good. All back on the same sheet. Next pointless post.
[/quote]

"Next pointless post", you''ve beaten everybody to it, T07.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost

For want of a shoe, the horse was lost

For want of a horse, the rider was lost

For want of a rider, the battle was lost

For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost

And all for the want of a horseshoe nail....

Am I being naughty to find a parallel here with the attitude of the board of NCFC, when it comes to spending on players?

Tiny Taylor is a case in point.

He could be the"nail" to save us from relegation.

[/quote]

now JaundicedJockGeorge your either a master of Japanese philosophy or into films containg cars, which is it? [:p].

how much should we pay to escape relegation??? zilch, £0.5m, £1.5m £2m or more???we''ve won 4 from 5 - made sheff utd look ordinary side first half last week??? how much is that worth??? taylor looked solid all match and gives confidence to those around - how much is that worth???i for one pay good money to turn up and watch city - last week it was worth the ticket price - among plenty of games that arn''t.   if this board hasn''t the financial might/means to enable NCFC to be competitive in the champs they should admit it now and look for an hounourable exit &/or attract funds in.   we are below average funded champs side and it shows.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]how much should we pay to escape relegation??? zilch, £0.5m, £1.5m £2m or more???....................i for one pay good money to turn up and watch city ...................if this board hasn''t the financial might/means to enable NCFC to be competitive in the champs they should admit it now and look for an hounourable exit &/or attract funds in.   [/quote]OK lets make this simple. You pay good money? So what is it the board have put in....... Drug money? Protection money? Insurance scam fraud money? Tax evasion?[quote user="lucky green trainers"] we are below average

funded champs side and it shows. [/quote]

LOL. Evidence or retraction...... YET AGAIN....moderators....wakey wakey

[quote user="T07"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]how much should we pay to escape relegation??? zilch, £0.5m, £1.5m £2m or more???....................i for one pay good money to turn up and watch city ...................

if this board hasn''t the financial might/means to enable NCFC to be competitive in the champs they should admit it now and look for an hounourable exit &/or attract funds in.  
[/quote]

OK lets make this simple. You pay good money? So what is it the board have put in....... Drug money? Protection money? Insurance scam fraud money? Tax evasion?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"] we are below average funded champs side and it shows.
[/quote]

LOL. Evidence or retraction...... YET AGAIN....moderators....wakey wakey
[/quote]

Try answering mine TO7 - or do you only deal in the easier one''s?[H]

OTBC

[quote user="T07"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]how much should we pay to escape relegation??? zilch, £0.5m, £1.5m £2m or more???....................i for one pay good money to turn up and watch city ...................if this board hasn''t the financial might/means to enable NCFC to be competitive in the champs they should admit it now and look for an hounourable exit &/or attract funds in.   [/quote]OK lets make this simple. You pay good money? So what is it the board have put in....... Drug money? Protection money? Insurance scam fraud money? Tax evasion?[quote user="lucky green trainers"] we are below average

funded champs side and it shows. [/quote]

LOL. Evidence or retraction...... YET AGAIN....moderators....wakey wakey[/quote]lol to7 - you make patronisation an art form!!! it can be argued that there''s at least 12 sides in the champs with better funded squads than ours - and therefore more ambition imo.  if you believe otherwise, then that''s your choice - if you want to trawl the figures up then go ahead - i won''t be far wrong.   so making it simple for you - i don''t believe the board are putting enough funds in to make sure we escape the peril of relegation from the champs.   and certainly, they did not spend enough to ensure NCFC had a realistic tilt at promotion in the summer.  if you think they are/did - then great - we have a difference of opinion.   

As an ITFC supporter, I find this argument quite funny. What has suddenly happened to prudence? Ipswich were roundly castigated for going into administration because we "lived beyond our means." Now many of the same City supporters are castigating their board for not going down that same road and getting their club even deeper into debt. Just as with Ipswich, spending money is no guarantee of survival. In fact, it brought us to administration. What really did it for us was the ITV Digital fiasco which saw transfer fees suddenly collapse within the space of a few weeks. Matt Holland went for 250,000.  A few months earlier we had turned down 10 million! The same thing happened with Darren Bent, Ambrose, Herridersson etc. You never know what''s round the corner. The day we stopped being prudent - and started lashing out on Sereni, Finidi George and all that crap - was the start of our demise. I really thought you might have learned from this. Apparently not...

[quote user="The Blueness of Everything"]As an ITFC supporter, I find this argument quite funny. What has suddenly happened to prudence? Ipswich were roundly castigated for going into administration because we "lived beyond our means." Now many of the same City supporters are castigating their board for not going down that same road and getting their club even deeper into debt. Just as with Ipswich, spending money is no guarantee of survival. In fact, it brought us to administration. What really did it for us was the ITV Digital fiasco which saw transfer fees suddenly collapse within the space of a few weeks. Matt Holland went for 250,000.  A few months earlier we had turned down 10 million! The same thing happened with Darren Bent, Ambrose, Herridersson etc. You never know what''s round the corner. The day we stopped being prudent - and started lashing out on Sereni, Finidi George and all that crap - was the start of our demise. I really thought you might have learned from this. Apparently not...[/quote]

There is a massive, massive difference between splashing ridiculous amounts on non-English speaking foreigners and looking a gift-horse in the mouth. The board would have done it with Huckerby if the likes of me hadn`t paid for him, they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again and are prepared to risk relegation for the sake of haggling over a few £100k with Brum. Indefensible.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

There is a massive, massive difference between splashing ridiculous amounts on non-English speaking foreigners and looking a gift-horse in the mouth. The board would have done it with Huckerby if the likes of me hadn`t paid for him, they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again and are prepared to risk relegation for the sake of haggling over a few £100k with Brum. Indefensible.

[/quote]

Wow.. you not only our number one supporting away fan but you also got us Hux [H][<:o)]

We really are not worthy [;)]

Of course the Club should have matched QPR''s offer. Taylor had become a talisman. To have kept him would have sent the most positive of messages to existing pleyers at the Club, loanees in particular, players outside the Club who Roeder may want to persuade to come to Norwich and, of course, the fans. Not to have matched QPR''s offer and see him go back to Brum was the worst possible, negative message to send to everyone. £1.25 million ? Can anybody tell me what the point of the Turners is and why they wished to get involved in the first place ?

[quote user="The Bishop"]Of course the Club should have matched QPR''s offer. Taylor had become a talisman. To have kept him would have sent the most positive of messages to existing pleyers at the Club, loanees in particular, players outside the Club who Roeder may want to persuade to come to Norwich and, of course, the fans. Not to have matched QPR''s offer and see him go back to Brum was the worst possible, negative message to send to everyone. £1.25 million ? Can anybody tell me what the point of the Turners is and why they wished to get involved in the first place ?[/quote]

And if QPR up the ante?

Where would you stop?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Wow.. you not only our number one supporting away fan but you also got us Hux [H][<:o)]

[/quote]

It''s Sunday, it''s nearly noon, and it''s about time you tottered off to your converted ''potting shed shrine'' to Delia isn''t it Nutster? Now, stop playin'' with your "Donkster Dolly" ''Pfraap'' ''Guff'' ''Pump'' - an'' grab your Delia cookery book and get down to the shed, and pay your daily servile homage![:P]

[quote user="The Bishop"]Of course the Club should have matched QPR''s offer. Taylor had become a talisman. To have kept him would have sent the most positive of messages to existing pleyers at the Club, loanees in particular, players outside the Club who Roeder may want to persuade to come to Norwich and, of course, the fans. Not to have matched QPR''s offer and see him go back to Brum was the worst possible, negative message to send to everyone. £1.25 million ? Can anybody tell me what the point of the Turners is and why they wished to get involved in the first place ?[/quote]

In what way has Taylor become a talisman any more than Pattison (who imo has had more of an impact) or Evans (who has scored 2 goals that have given us 5 pts)?  He is a good player and adds to the team, but we should certainly not be trying to sign him if it is to the cost of other holes in the squad that need filling. 

You can only spend money once and the answer cannot always to be to rely on other people''s £m''s to come to the rescue.  We presumably have a transfer kitty but if we were to blow it all on Taylor, what happens next - when Pattison in particular returns home bacause we can no longer afford him - or any other loans, for that matter? 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

It''s Sunday, it''s nearly noon, and it''s about time you tottered off to your converted ''potting shed shrine'' to Delia isn''t it Nutster? Now, stop playin'' with your "Donkster Dolly" ''Pfraap'' ''Guff'' ''Pump'' - an'' grab your Delia cookery book and get down to the shed, and pay your daily servile homage![:P]

[/quote]

So it was you skulking behind my greenouse this morning......

Get off my land!!!!!! [:@][ip]

And remember....

My garden shed is bigger than this...... [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

And remember....

[/quote]

My garden shed is actually an aircraft hangar......No contest.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

And remember....

[/quote]

My garden shed is actually an aircraft hangar......No contest.

[/quote]

....but did you get it paid off in less than a year Mello?  This is the new benchmark.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

they did it with Crouch, they did it by not backing a proven manager (Worthy) with reasonable money upon relegation and now they are doing it again .......

[/quote]Would you care to share your understanding of the Crouch bid?blyblybabes - sorry I cant see the question.... repeat it please?

[/quote]

[/quote]

The likes of me paid for Hucks too. Wow. Wowee.

Did the likes of you?

And if the truth be told you must be happy now the worthy doc is back. [:)]

I mean, that tiny, he''s just an expensive unworthy inconvenience, eh?[:(]

OTBC

[quote user="ron obvious"]

And if QPR up the ante?

Where would you stop?

[/quote]

why would they up the ante, they have had their bid accepted??

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ron obvious"]

And if QPR up the ante?

Where would you stop?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, don''t understand. QPR offer £x, we also bid £x (match the bid) whuch, according to Bishop would have got us Tiny.

So, what I''m saying is, what happens if QPR then increase their bid?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ron obvious"]

And if QPR up the ante?

Where would you stop?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, don''t understand. QPR offer £x, we also bid £x (match the bid) whuch, according to Bishop would have got us Tiny.

So, what I''m saying is, what happens if QPR then increase their bid?

[/quote]

Ron if you''re arguing that we shouldn''t get involved in an auction, please explain what the alternative is, other than to go for players that no one else wants?  

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The likes of me paid for Hucks too. Wow. Wowee.

Did the likes of you?

And if the truth be told you must be happy now the worthy doc is back. [:)]

I mean, that tiny, he''s just an expensive unworthy inconvenience, eh?[:(]

OTBC

[/quote]

Happy the Doc is back.. yes certainly but I would be happy if we had signed Taylor too.

Maybe.. without talking in riddles and spinning like a gyroscope you could explain to me why Doc is not worthy?

I won''t hold my breath though.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Barry Skipper had more to do with it than me Nutty. Did you speak to him at the AGM or were you at the back trying your hardest not to rock the boat? He`s not a happy bunny at all apparently, so that`s one more the board has managed to alienate.