Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

January Transfer Pot

What do we reckon there is available to Glen this January?

Can we issue some more shares? what will that be worth? (£1-2m?)

How much would we get for Murry, Breiller, Gallagher, etc.(£1-2m?)

Will Turners put any in? (another £2m loan?)

Could we get a £5m war chest together (or rather survival chest)

Sorry dude I think you are living in dream land if you think we will get £5m to spend in January, I hope your right but I doubt it, I think its more likely to be £1.5m maybe £2m but i wouldn''t think it will be much more than that. 

I reckon there is about 1.5 - 2 million avaliable to Roeder. I think he will spend a chuck of it on Patterson and wants to get a striker in aswell. Gallagher will go for a nominal, and Breiller will probably be around til the summer. I think Murray only has 6 months left on his contract, so we can''t get much for him. I''m really not sure who we have that we can sell and get a decent amount of money for.Probably a little late for a share option, should of done it a month back to cash in on Christmas. I don''t think we lost out on Taylor because the money isn''t there, I think it was Birmingham over inflating his price, and QPR offering a deal for him and Vine, probably more attractive to Brum.It''s hard to know how much we have, as loan fees are rarely disclosed, I would be surprised if all those loan players came for free. Hopefully someone on the board will feel generous, not that the attitude of a lot of fans deserve it.

I am not sure Patterson will cost that much - he is out of contract in the summer.As for Taylor - if he does a Huckerby we could still get him.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

realistically breiller your only saleable asset who you want shot off, and who is going to buy him? got be looking hearts and hearts only

the only way you get 5m chest is if you sell your keeper marshall

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]£1.5m-ishNo, already done, no more appetite for yet more shares (maybe wrong, but that''s my feeling)Those three? 300k absolute tops.No.No chance!

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

We''d get less than 500k for those 3 players and less than 2.5m ''war chest''

so

drop the ''m'' and you''ll be nearer. Seriously.

[quote user="chicken"]I am not sure Patterson will cost that much - he is out of contract in the summer.As for Taylor - if he does a Huckerby we could still get him.[/quote]While Pattison is out of contract, he''s under 24 so Newcastle would be entitled to compensation.Having said that though, they seem to want him off the books fairly sharpish, so he might be cheap.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

realistically breiller your only saleable asset who you want shot off, and who is going to buy him? got be looking hearts and hearts only

the only way you get 5m chest is if you sell your keeper marshall

[/quote]

Ok, so Hearts the club that released him are going to be knocking on our door for him back because of what a pheonominal success he has been here...

There is no pot mate.

We don''t have any money to spend.

We may get a few extended loans but unless the Turners agree to put up some more cash I can''t see us actually paying out for anyone.

I think the pot may just contain "Fool''s Gold"............[:|]

Mind you, it''s fast approaching "SEASON TICKET RENEWAL TIME!".....And the Board (including Chucklin'' Donkster) will no doubt pull something out of the potty......that will ensure that us hopeful ''stool'' pigeons, rise to the bait, once again.[^o)]

We are after all......THE BESHTEST FUSHBALL SHURPORTERS IN THE WORLD.........Ah Bless.[D]

[quote user="ricardo"]

There is no pot mate.

We may get a few extended loans but unless the Turners agree to put up some more cash I can''t see us actually paying out for anyone.

[/quote]

Agreed. Only the cheque book belonging to the Turners can give us any money worth shouting about. The pot of money we have is probably something like £500k + the reliance on player sales (Brellier, Murray etc). If we don''t sell a couple of players then loan extensions maybe the best we can hope for this january.

[quote user="ricardo"]

There is no pot mate.

[/quote]There must be something else you are accusing Roeder of telling porkies!!!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="ricardo"]

There is no pot mate.

[/quote]

There must be something else you are accusing Roeder of telling porkies!!!
[/quote]

No no no Chicken, you don''t understand, Roeder doesnt tell porkies, he has just been taken in by the boards spin. Just like he doesn''t really believe Doherty has been outstanding, he just say''s that in public because he has to, in private he believes he is sh*t. He will see the light in January and walk! [*-)][;)]

I wouldn''t rely too much on player sales, we sold Ashton, Earnshaw, Green and Co...................we''ve never seen a penny of that going on top players yet!.[A]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I wouldn''t rely too much on player sales, we sold Ashton, Earnshaw, Green and Co...................we''ve never seen a penny of that going on top players yet!.[A][/quote]

That''s obviously because Earnshaw wasn''t a top player until we sold him then [*-)]

[quote user="ricardo"]

There is no pot mate.

[/quote]

I agree with you regarding the Turners but what is so perplexing about this is why did they get involved in the first place ?

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

I would expect the sale of three such quality players plus Lappin to raise around 7p.  The plan is to raise the remaining 2 mil by selling those yellow Santa hats on Boxing Day.   Ho Ho Ho anyone.......... 

Prediction - the Turners will be running NCFC next season and delia/jones will take a back seat.  Nobody wants to step down when things are bad - if we get relegated its ''taken as far as we could'' if we stay up its ''solid foundation to build for the future''.  The Turners did not come in to sit on their hands, but I believe on the pitch events may have delayed things until the end of the season.....

[quote user="The Bishop"][quote user="ricardo"]

There is no pot mate.

[/quote]

I agree with you regarding the Turners but what is so perplexing about this is why did they get involved in the first place ?

[/quote]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think the pot may just contain "Fool''s Gold"............[:|]

[/quote]

Word on the street is that all Fool''s Gold has been budgeted for

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="ricardo"]

There is no pot mate.

[/quote]

There must be something else you are accusing Roeder of telling porkies!!!
[/quote]

Just passing on what was said at the finance meeting (after the AGM)

There is no money available for transfers unless our rich owners (and friends) decide to put something in the pot.

Perhaps Glen has been given that thumbs up but my info is that the club coffers are bare.

I gather that we might all be in for a few suprises come January, it may well be a window of opportunties for us, and it''s all part of the package agreed to get Roeder here.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]I gather that we might all be in for a few suprises come January, it may well be a window of opportunties for us, and it''s all part of the package agreed to get Roeder here.[/quote]

We all hope you turn out to be right Johno.

But I beg to remain sceptical. We have had these rumours before.

Hold on a minute.It is not that long ago you were all talking about how much had been accrued from the sale of ''this player'' and ''that player'', and various other dallyings.This total came to something like £7 million.Have you all written this money off now?

pattison wont cost much, becuase his contract is out in the summer, so we could just extend the loan, and get him for free, i reckon there was some money left over for a new manager 2-3 mill to spend

I think we have to buy Patison now, or else if the unthinkable happens and we go down he wont sign.

Unless there could be a pre-contract signing saying he will after his runs out.

I don''t think Newcastle will let us re-new the loan on Pattison, knowing he can leave on a free at the end of the loan. They will want to get some money for him and know we can''t wait til the summer. It''s really hard to predict the price of players, especially in the transfer window, when people are getting a bit desperate. I guess it will come down to who is more desperate, us to sign him or Newcastle to offload him.If it does come to getting him in the summer, although Pattison is under 24, we probably won''t have to pay compensation for him. Compensation is only payable if the players current club offer a contract to the player, which is equal to their existing one. Highly unlikely it seems.