Sign in to follow this  
NegativeVibes

Gary Doherty - Man of the Match

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

Martin who??

Lol. Good to see Gary put in a solid performance though.

[/quote]

He held it together in my opinion.

As I keep saying.... Shack is the weakest link.... Doc aint great but no worse than Malky was.....

A goal saving block, and an assist, can''t ask for much more.

Well actually a few less clearances from all the defence when they are not under too much pressure would have made us look a better side, and kept our posession rate up.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]We need Taylor or another quality centre half but Gary had a good game.[/quote]

Yes I agree that we need another quality centre half. Shackell is a good squad player for me.

Doherty had one of his better games tonight. Some people seem to forget that he set up our equaliser with a fantastic header to the far post! Agree that Roeder got his tactics wrong - should of played hucks from the start! However we all make mistakes and against scunthorpe I think we will see a much more attacking formation, we cant afford to lose or draw that one!

OTBC!

I nearly choked on my dinner!

I thought he was average at best- heading & slicing the ball skyward does not constitute a clearance in my books. big punts up field to no-one (mostly) and slower than my nan! Thats the second time i''ve seen city play this season and all I can say to those of you going week in, week out - you''re doing bl**dy to put up with that! The defence spent most of the night fighting against each other. The goal was a mix up, shacks and semmy were watching the ball bounce before making a move for it, thank god colchester were just as slow to react. On the plus side, nice to see the ball being played to feet, even if it was on rare occasions!

Glenn Roeder, I wish you all the luck in the world, lets hope you get the support you need through the Jan window!!!

Imo Scunny will be the hardest of the two but Hucks must start, he gives us that outlet. We were so narrow till he came on today, Dion also he can hold the ball up better and win headers, something lacking with the two smaller guys.

The doc played as well as he can within his own ability level which isn''t high.

You can''t help but wince when he has the ball. You know, when he has space and time, he will still hit the 60 yarder to nobody. He did it all game today and I was actually calling it before he did it a number of times. He is slow and completely unnatural with a football and knows it, which isn''t good in his chosen industry. Yes he will win headers and yes he will do the ugly work reasonably well but that isn''t enough in today''s game as a centre half. When you have nobody around you within 20 yards and you get the ball, you expect your centre back to bring the ball down and play a pass to feet. He simply can''t do this. He isn''t good enough.

Poor old Doc man of the match by a mile still gets pelters. Never see Big Dunc making 30 yard passes in his day but the man is a Legend, a centre back''s job is first and foremost defend whatever it takes, the Doc does that maybe a bit ungamely at times, he got in some important headers and tackles today, played well give the man a break.there was a few others out there today who were awful, have a pop at them for once.

Yes defense looked shaky at times but they did do some sterling work.

People forget that the first consideration for defenders is to defend and clear their lines. Sometimes a big boot is very appropriate. People would hang the Doc if he tryed to dribble or pass himself out of a tricky moment and fluffed it.

The Doc isn''t in the same class as Martin Taylor but hes a good back up at this level. If he was a wonder player he wouldn''t be playing for in the Championship.

[quote user="Graeme Miles"]

I nearly choked on my dinner!

I thought he was average at best- heading & slicing the ball skyward does not constitute a clearance in my books. big punts up field to no-one (mostly) and slower than my nan! Thats the second time i''ve seen city play this season and all I can say to those of you going week in, week out - you''re doing bl**dy to put up with that! The defence spent most of the night fighting against each other. The goal was a mix up, shacks and semmy were watching the ball bounce before making a move for it, thank god colchester were just as slow to react. On the plus side, nice to see the ball being played to feet, even if it was on rare occasions!

Glenn Roeder, I wish you all the luck in the world, lets hope you get the support you need through the Jan window!!!

[/quote]

I have to agree with you, anybody thinking different then i need to be getting me some of those rose tinted specs. When you clear a ball from defence it has to be about distance, not how high. Shacks looked a total liability aswell.

How about a reality check, there was no man of the match for city as they all played as poor as each other.  Doherty and Shackell looked nervous up against a 41 yr old forward.   Any other team would have had a field day against those two.  I am still amazed that Roeder doesn''t put Dublin alongside Shackell until he either gets Taylor or another decent centre half.

So lets get this straight - Worthy picks Doc, Grant picks Doc, Roeder picks Doc, Doc is MOM against Plymouth (according to fans at the game and Neil Adams) and MOM again against Colchester as chosen by Sky TV but they are all wrong and a few posters led by the likes of Wizard, Babes and Silver Fox still believe he is a liability who should be no where near the team. Who is right... make your own minds up [:|]

A complete and lamentable joke that the DOC as awarded man of the match........he is simply a hoof ball merchant..........and as for his sidekick........he cannot pass a ball to a colleague to save his life.....TAYLOR brought class to the defence, it''s as simple as that. We don''t just neeed him, we need someone who can play with him as well.

[quote user="Fellas"]I''ll keep it simple.

Would we have conceeded with Taylor was playing?
[/quote]

We would have cirtainly created more with structured balls out of the back.

[/quote]

And would we have scored?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

Yes because it wasn''t his fault, it was Camara''s.

[/quote]

I mean Doherty when I said "his", by the way, just to clear that up.

How anyone can see he was motm is beyond me the only reason he done the last ditch challenge was because it took him 5 minutes to turn round in the first place.In the paper there was 12 people rated above him.When he gets the ball its always hoof hoof hoof never the simple ball and when you have to small strikers as we have been having lately odds on the ball is going to come straight back at you.Having said that he didnt do to much wrong against Colchester.But hes just to slow at turning and to keen to man handle people again something he managed not to do to his credit the other night.i still think he is a liability and I dont think Shack is very good either.both are ok to play alongside of a good player like Taylor but there abilities show up when paired together.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that gets conveniently overlooked, doesn''t it.

So lets get this straight - Worthy picks Doc, Grant picks Doc, Roeder picks Doc, Doc is MOM against Plymouth (according to fans at the game and Neil Adams) and MOM again against Colchester as chosen by Sky TV but they are all wrong and a few posters led by the likes of Wizard, Babes and Silver Fox still believe he is a liability who should be no where near the team. Who is right... make your own minds up [:|]

[/quote]

Lets not forget also voted player of the season a couple of year back

Doherty was better than last years performance at the stadium previously known as the fortress! Didn''t think he was that great yesterday, however I don''t understand quite why Shackell is getting so much stick. I thought he handled Platt quite well. Not too many of our opponents this season have won as many headers against him. We are a bad side at the moment but you lot were dreadful. It gave me heart to see a team worse than us although my City supporting mates tell me you have been better than that recently- I certainly hope you have. Why have your 2 best players on the bench against a side in the mire with you? I could understand it against Watford or West Brom but the mighty Col U? I think we will be going down as we simply can''t defend a lead- on the odd occasion we get one! You lot could well be joining us with many more performances like that. On a plus side, I thought your supporters were good last night, certainly put our lot to shame at times.

PS thanks for buying Cureton, glad he is performing so well. All together now.....''What a waste of money''. He did himself even fewer favours with our lot last night having tried to claim the goal then giving it all the badge kissing bulls**t. Well done Dion for sorting him out. Good luck for the rest of the season guys, with performances like that you''ll need it!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on Nutty - but for some of the people on here, there has to be a hate figure - The Doc, Hoozy, Flemmo.....

[quote user="silver fox"]How about a reality check, there was no man of the match for city as they all played as poor as each other.  Doherty and Shackell looked nervous up against a 41 yr old forward.   Any other team would have had a field day against those two.  I am still amazed that Roeder doesn''t put Dublin alongside Shackell until he either gets Taylor or another decent centre half.[/quote]

Good points Silver Fox... without a player to organise the defence and play the ball out from the back a little it will be a very hard long winter.

The Doc has always been a disgrace to the yellow & green shirt in my opinion and slicing the ball high in to the Essex night air at every opportunity last night just shows exactly why players of his ilk ain''t fit to waer the shirt.

The match was no better than two pub teams kicking lumps out of each other on your local park, but yet again a good majority of fans are looking for any excuse to find positives in yet another awful performance.

I can guarantee that NCFC will not improve while this lumbering oaf is still at the club... people who pay this guys wages make a mockery of professional football.