Sign in to follow this  
Vern

Amir Khant

Amir Khant has been taking the p*ss out of Jonno Thaxton and has now dragged Delia into his pathetic fight talk. I hope Jonno gets to fight him and knocks the living daylights out of him.

I have to say it is all rather sad really.By that I mean it was quite clear that Amir Khan would be the next big boxer but mainly due to the lack of other strong contenders around his age, all he had to do was play a waiting game and fight the older boxers on their way out.I am not saying Thaxton is but he isn''t getting any younger where-as Khan has time on his side. But that is boxing for you, you can bide your time, fight some two bit boxers, or some boxers on the way out, and then seize the moment when the belts are there for the taking.This fight should have happened ages ago.

I would love to see Jonno knock him out.  But the fight will need to be soon if thats gonna happen. Khan needs to show a little respect he isnt that good to be able to talk like Ali.

According to Hucks and Croft they fancy their chances as well!  Now thats a charity event i would love to see.  Nowrich Vs Ipswich Boxing!!!!

[quote user="inch_high"]Khans head seems to be growing at quite a rate. Thanks for the link Vince.[/quote]

is that a bad thing look at mayweather, not many boxers will come out and say oh im afraid of his right hook and yes im vunerable to him etc... they have to talk the talk

as to the fight khan couldnt take it ages ago as you said time on his side, he needs experience step at a time, no need to rush into medium fights first take few easy ones

end of day get over local pride who has more of chance to become world champion? a boxing icon? etc... hmmmm khan so on that bases if khan was to lose a fight like this not vs one of boxing better competitors then this would put khan back another 2 or 3years when they have to take easy fights again

we8wba - you are ofcourse right, I just don''t like the banter being dished out.Khan needs to be more respectful else the icon part will not truly materialise - in a way much like Prince Nasseem before him. You want banter but you don''t want it to be dissrespectful or derogetory. I would like to see Khan do well - but nobody likes big headed gloaters.He has to take a lesson from the Ali book and big himself up rather than be-little his oponents.Thaxton has been a legend, he didn''t let getting KO''d get to him. I would like to see what happens to Khan when he finaly gets knocked out - because he will. A true test of anyone is how they deal with the lows not the highs. Ali made a come back and gave us one of the most amazing fights in the history of televised boxing.The last guy Khan beat was semi-retired, to me that is scraping the barrel. And then he went on to say he retired him! No the guy had retired but the money involved in a bout against a name like Khan is enough to get any boxer out of retirement whatever age they are.There is too much BS in boxing, Khan is accusing the Thaxton camp of not talking to them for two weeks when Thaxton''s camp have been talking up this fight for months if not nearly a year. It''s all BS, let the boxing do the talking. Khan says he wants it - Thaxton says he wants it, I say give it to them and be done with it.

Khan and Thaxton two years ago - Thaxton wins.  Now - Khan probably wins in 4 or 5.  To be honest, I''d love someone to knock Khan on his backside as he''s had a little bit of success, has grown disproportionately fond of himself, and is now in danger of becoming the new Naseem Hamed.  I can''t see Thaxton doing it this time - Khan''s team have waited and waited until Thaxton''s on the way down in terms of age/speed/stamina.

Then again, I bet £5 on Graham Earl to beat Khan, which is 7 pence for every second Earl was upright.  So I''m probably wrong.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="inch_high"]Khans head seems to be growing at quite a rate. Thanks for the link Vince.[/quote]

is that a bad thing look at mayweather, not many boxers will come out and say oh im afraid of his right hook and yes im vunerable to him etc... they have to talk the talk

as to the fight khan couldnt take it ages ago as you said time on his side, he needs experience step at a time, no need to rush into medium fights first take few easy ones

end of day get over local pride who has more of chance to become world champion? a boxing icon? etc... hmmmm khan so on that bases if khan was to lose a fight like this not vs one of boxing better competitors then this would put khan back another 2 or 3years when they have to take easy fights again

[/quote]

vulnerable* basis*

To stay on topic, you would say that at the end of the day but what happens if he was from Wolverhampton or where ever you are from?

Would you still be saying that?

if i new the bloke yes, if i didnt no

john bickerton the local lad beat earnie els 2weeks ago on last hole in big tournement half my home town didnt even realise

i couldnt give a monkeys if he from togo, iraq or the moon, i would prefer see clean fight and the better fighter win, i prefer khan as he would have the bigger fights in the future and would be entertaining for us to watch ala hatton

if he loses we could have another audley flammin harrison on our hands

as to the boxing and comments it does make me laugh when they all give it the big one for 5months just to be knocked out in 12minutes

chap who sits next to me in the Barclay trains with Johnno Thaxton.... he has been wanting a fight with Khan for ages now... Khans people wont arrange it as they know Amir cant beat him.... they are desperate to get the fight in Bolton...nearly All Khans fights take place there as home support etc... opinion is the first time he fights away from Bolton he will lose....

Johnno vs Khan at Carrow Road then?

jas :)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I cant stand Amir Khan, such an arrogant fool, hope Jonno kicks the crap out of him![/quote]

Don''t offend the muslims, Arthur.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I cant stand Amir Khan, such an arrogant fool, hope Jonno kicks the crap out of him![/quote]

Don''t offend the muslims, Arthur.

[/quote]

i dont care whar religion he is, he is a loudmouthed prat

haha!

I''ll defend Delia at the worst of times, but he hasn''t said anything bad about her at all.

And Boxers expressing confidence in their abilities? Geez! What is the world coming to?! I honestly can''t believe it!! It''s amazing! I''ve never, ever heard a boxer, or even a sportsman suggest once they are better than somebody else!