Sign in to follow this  
Worf

Jamie Cureton - TERRIBLE

This was the he should  have been relishing! It was an own goal, face it.

Where are the goals we were promised?

Can''t help but feel had he been playing in a blue and white shirt, he would have got one or two!

Get this guy off - he is out of his depth and looks like he has his head still in the clouds of last season''s glory!

CURO OUT

[quote user="Geeza"]

Can''t help but feel had he been playing in a blue and white shirt, he would have got one or two!

Get this guy off - he is out of his depth and looks like he has his head still in the clouds of last season''s glory!

CURO OUT

[/quote]

Ah! but think about how much he loves the Canaries.

Who needs goals when you can bleed yellow and green blood.

£800k well spent? better than Earnie? Bound to score a hatfull?

No, I said so at the time and I still say so now.

A nice lad is Jamie but must be obvious to all now that he was a bad buy.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Geeza"]

CURO OUT

[/quote]

Ah! but think about how much he loves the Canaries.

Who needs goals when you can bleed yellow and green blood.

No, I said so at the time and I still say so now.

A nice lad is Jamie but must be obvious to all now that he was a bad buy.

[/quote]

I agree with you Ric, but oh well, nothing we can do as a vast number of Norwich fans/the board seem to be struggling with this concept of "looking to the future" and who cares if they''re crap, lets sign former player by the bucket load just because "they were good last time"

Cureton is an ageing ''been there, never done it'' and we desperately need new firepower up front and more creativity in the middle.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

I thought he looked our best attacking threat. Got himself a few decent chances, and his pressure led to the goal.

What was Dublin saying to him at the end though?

[/quote]

I wondered that aswell.

Out of his depth...what a ridiculous statement. He was top scorer in the division last season so hes hardly going to be out of his depth now.

Lacking a bit of confidence maybe but sure he will come good sooner rather than later

a nice fella but like ncfc just a cheap replacement for earnie. like himor not earnie would score 20 a season in this div.

He''d have been a reasonable squad signing for 200/300k, but we were succoured into paying way too much for him after the panic sale of Earnshaw.

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]

Out of his depth...what a ridiculous statement.

[/quote]

He bloody well was today!

Farted about with it when he shouldn''t have done, didn''t  take his chances.

[quote user="tommy"]a nice fella but like ncfc just a cheap replacement for earnie. like himor not earnie would score 20 a season in this div.
[/quote]

Don''t say that Tommy. He''s a legend on this board.

When we bought him for £800k I said the same thing and got slaughtered on here.

Chickens coming home to roost methinks.

Bought in panic and hes old and not much good either , untill we get some quality in this side we are going nowhere , we still look very much a one man team just like we have for the last few years. Watching that tonight if there are 3 teams worse than us i dont know who they are .

Agree. Has done little this season albeit that service has been grim - particularly tonight!!!  Appears to be best suited playing alongside big bustling striker and thriving on knockdowns. I see no long term future at Carrow Road.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]You want to refer to that as a quote or your assumption? As a £750k buy the owner of the Chump golden boot was a shrewd buy. There are NO guarantees in football

[quote user="T07"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

You want to refer to that as a quote or your assumption? As a £750k buy the owner of the Chump golden boot was a shrewd buy. There are NO guarantees in football
[/quote]

Was my irony wasted on you, TO7.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]Not at all.... i was merely disagreeing with your ''ironical'' point.; Dont confuse the application of irony with intelligence........ though not sure now if I''m being ironic or sarchastic.....

Cureton played really well today. The rest of the team let him down, just like they have the whole season. He''s not got any service today and all season. You can''t score goals without getting the ball in positions where you can score. Hux, croft and him all got no service today. The midfield and defence were awful. Before you start slagging cureton off have a look at the real bad performers today. He has scored 6 goals this season, that''s not an awful tally considering we''ve only scored 20 all season. He needs better service.

[quote user="Geeza"][quote user="gcb...norwich"]

Out of his depth...what a ridiculous statement.

[/quote]

He bloody well was today!

Farted about with it when he shouldn''t have done, didn''t  take his chances.

[/quote]

Er, what chances? He had one from memory in the second half. Still looked the player most likely to score. I agree he has failed to live up to last seasons form but fact is he ''s playing in a much worse team! I, however, he can''t improve the conversion rate then a spell on the bench may be justified. 

[quote user="T07"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Not at all.... i was merely disagreeing with your ''ironical'' point.; Dont confuse the application of irony with intelligence........ though not sure now if I''m being ironic or sarchastic.....
[/quote]

Then I agree that your disagreement with my ironical point may or may not be sarchastic............certainly in its application anyway..........I think

Or we may indeed agree to disagree.

[quote user="Geeza"]

CURO OUT

[/quote]You couldnt be more wrong ''Geeza''. Cureton played well today, with limited service, and was heavily marshalled by a defence who know him well, know his game and know what he''s capable of. He never got a break or a clean shot, this was down to our non existent creativity today, and had to fashion his own chances, which is not his game, he''s a poacher, a box player, a finisher, but unfortunately we created nothing for him to finish. Evans did nothing to help him and again he is missing a pacey target man alongside him. He showed a lot of good touches today, tireless running and fashioned a few good chances, but was always snuffed out before he could get his shot away as the defence were wise to him, as was Geraint Williams, and there was always at least 3 defenders around him whenever he got the ball.If we get Ameobi we will see a different Cureton.

I agree with Ricardo in part - Cureton was over-valued. £800k for a man who is 32 years old, regardless of golden boot win and 23 goals last season, is too much. I remember when we were in the process of buying him I though "I like the idea of having him here for his credentials but I wouldn''t pay more than £500k for him". Unfortunately we did pay more and I do feel we''ve wasted £300k.

Personally, if we don''t end up buying Taylor and co then I feel we need another striker to either partner Cureton or to relegate him down to a squad player and use him more for cover purposes (as I would''ve done in the first place). And we could do the same with Dave Striker too (or even sell him if we get a good offer for him). I want Dave to work but progress is very slow atm and time is not on our side.

ive always said from day 1 that this guy was a poor purchase..he''s old and he''s never really  proven himself as a prolific striker at any level (las season was a one off) and it was clear that he wouldnt be able to deliver here. a nice bloke he is but he is no where near as good as earnie. when we got 3 million pounds in we should have spend a little more than 800k to have replaced Earnie with somone such as eastwood, Tyson or Maynard for example 

He was a panic buy arranged by the board of NCFC to appease supporters over the sale of Ernie, nothing more, nothing less.

You get what you pay for.....and we have.....a very mediocre player living on one season of glory.

I''ve had enough of him, he''s an embarrassment. He might give it 100%, but it''s 100% of not a lot.  Even trying to claim that goal last night, how desperate is he?

Sorry I''ve been wrong all the time. I didn''t realise cureton had to rip the ball out of marshall''s hands charge up the field and do a couple of one-two''s with himself, do a backflip, run a 100m sprint, jump through a couple of hoops and then tee up himself for a volley from 40 yards out which his one post, bounces off the other and miraculously goes in. Then pull his pants down and show his @rse and then do that 3 more times to make up for our defensive frailities.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I''ve had enough of him, he''s an embarrassment. He might give it 100%, but it''s 100% of not a lot.  Even trying to claim that goal last night, how desperate is he?

[/quote]

If Cureton hadn''t been on the far post behind the defender, they wouldn''t have put it in their own net. If the defender had missed it it was a tap in. He had a big part to play in the goal.

I thought it was a great reaction he had afterwards as well - the joy at the goal, and holding the badge up.