Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Doncaster Cancels Christmas

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

How about his example of Luton: "the prospect of looking over the precipice at League 2. And just last year they were competing for a place in the Premiership". Are we not similarly looking over the precipice at League 1, having followed the Norwich City model of spend it on property and not on the squad?

Yes, there are times to be prudent, but there are times when you have to invest. In the case of Taylor you have a player who has proven to be successful in our team. He has done the job fantasically well, the evidence is right there before everybodoy''s eyes. It''s undeniable.

So if City allow Taylor to be snapped up by our fellow-strugglers QPR because we don''t want to gamble on  a sure-fire winner, then that is not prudence, that is sheer stupidity.

What price Roeder packing his bags citing ''lack of ambition'' as Rioch did? What price League 1 football.?

Since Glenn''s arrival the turnaround in our club has been remarkable; the players, the coaches and the fans are giving their all for NCFC. If the board, who admit making mistakes in the past, do not step up to the plate then they will be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Unbelievably foolish!

YH

[/quote]

TBH I still don''t see what''s wrong with what Doncaster has said. And the way he''s worded the article implicates the whole board so as the Turners or other board members haven''t spoken out against him we can only assume it''s the words of all of them.

However, the anger and resentment is still there with many of you but what can you do about it?

Roeder has this to say :-

Said Roeder: “Karren Brady says they''ve accepted an offer from QPR, but it''s a worthless offer because the player has said he doesn''t want to go to QPR.

“She wouldn''t negotiate on the price.

“As far as I''m aware, there is no club other than QPR involved. Martin wants to come here and is really disappointed that Birmingham wouldn''t negotiate.

“The deal wasn''t viable - there''s no question of that. Birmingham have been very difficult.”

Roeder praised Norwich''s directors for backing his efforts to land Taylor.

He said: “The board have bent over backwards to help me. A lot of managers won''t have any money to spend in January so the fact that we have some money is very encouraging.

“The deal was always going to be very expensive and we need more than one player in January.

“We need more quality in this squad. Matty Pattison''s done very well and we have to make a decision on him.”

Is he a liar?

[/quote]

This whole issue smacks more than a little of Worthingtons` pursuit of Howard being thwarted by the board doesn`t it Nutty? You know, that episode where you were the sole voice of reason pointing the finger of blame at the board when everyone else was rounding on the manager.....allegedly. Yet you still seem to want to support them now? Very strange.....

How about his example of Luton: "the prospect of looking over the precipice at League 2. And just last year they were competing for a place in the Premiership". Are we not similarly looking over the precipice at League 1, having followed the Norwich City model of spend it on property and not on the squad?

Yes, there are times to be prudent, but there are times when you have to invest. In the case of Taylor you have a player who has proven to be successful in our team. He has done the job fantasically well, the evidence is right there before everybodoy''s eyes. It''s undeniable.

So if City allow Taylor to be snapped up by our fellow-strugglers QPR because we don''t want to gamble on  a sure-fire winner, then that is not prudence, that is sheer stupidity.

What price Roeder packing his bags citing ''lack of ambition'' as Rioch did? What price League 1 football.?

Since Glenn''s arrival the turnaround in our club has been remarkable; the players, the coaches and the fans are giving their all for NCFC. If the board, who admit making mistakes in the past, do not step up to the plate then they will be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Unbelievably foolish!

YH

[/quote]

TBH I still don''t see what''s wrong with what Doncaster has said. And the way he''s worded the article implicates the whole board so as the Turners or other board members haven''t spoken out against him we can only assume it''s the words of all of them.

However, the anger and resentment is still there with many of you but what can you do about it?

Said Roeder: “Karren Brady says they''ve accepted an offer from QPR, but it''s a worthless offer because the player has said he doesn''t want to go to QPR.

“As far as I''m aware, there is no club other than QPR involved. Martin wants to come here and is really disappointed that Birmingham wouldn''t negotiate.

“The deal wasn''t viable - there''s no question of that. Birmingham have been very difficult.”

He said: “The board have bent over backwards to help me. A lot of managers won''t have any money to spend in January so the fact that we have some money is very encouraging.

“The deal was always going to be very expensive and we need more than one player in January.

“We need more quality in this squad. Matty Pattison''s done very well and we have to make a decision on him.”

Is he a liar?

[/quote]

This whole issue smacks more than a little of Worthingtons` pursuit of Howard being thwarted by the board doesn`t it Nutty? You know, that episode where you were the sole voice of reason pointing the finger of blame at the board when everyone else was rounding on the manager.....allegedly. Yet you still seem to want to support them now? Very strange.....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[

Is he a liar?

[/quote]

Nasty, nasty. Did anyone say he was.

Don''t try and shift the focus to Roeder. You should be ashamed.

He''s been let down big time and is putting on a brave face like the gentleman that he is.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed in you and I think you should withdraw your comment.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s a rhetorical question.

You''re either correct, in which case he is lying (saying something he believes to be untrue), or:

He''s telling the truth. The board did back him.

Which is impossible.

Isn''t it?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]PS. Has the Nutster and Blahahaha, asked Santa for a ''Donkster Dolly'' for Christmas? They''ll look really nice on their bookstands, festooned with Delia''s cookybooky''s alongside their autographed pickachewers of the NCFC board.......and their personal jars full of Rogernator and Mickey Wynn''s spent fagends......[/quote]

I ordered one, only the head arrived though.  It came with a note from the manufacturers - They said that they could have sent the complete dolly now, but instead they have sent me the head to wrap up and put under the tree, and they will probably send the torso in January, as they would have a better cash-flow after Xmas.   They also pointed out that the makers of the Peter Ridsdale "Spend like a lottery winner" dolly were about to go out of business, and that they were the second company who had tried to make this dolly only to find that it wasn''t economical, and then they wrote several paragraphs on how lucky I was to recieve a severed head.

[/quote]

It''s a shame you only got the head...... and unfortunately, it has no neck (it''s quite a detailed doll) but maybe you can whack it with a whip and use it as a ''spinning top?'' (On second thoughts, you probably don''t need a whip, the Donkster''s head is quite capable of spinnin'' without prompt or assistance).

Anyway, the doll''s been manufactured to speak out of its posterior - so you''ll just have to wait till you get the lower torso......Then you can pull out the chord attached to Donky the Dolly''s spineless back and hear,"Hi! I''m Neil, Chief Exec of NCFC ''pfraaarp'' ''thraaap'' ''pump'' and your question''s are unhelpful...''ffarrt'' ''guff'' ''thraap'' ''pump''......do you like the Sugababes? ''ffaaaaaart'' ''guff'' ''pump''....We remain committed to returning NCFC to where it belongs, sometime soon......''ffaaarrt'' ''pump''......''guff''......''pfraap''.......We are actively seeking future investers ''pffraaap'' ''guff'' ''thraaaaaaap'' ''pump''. I don''t really understand soccer - but Girl''s Aloud are pretty cute don''t you think? ''ffaaaaaart'' ''pffraaaaap'' ''pump''....Delia, Micky an'' Wodger are my chums....''pfhaaarp'' ''guff'' ''thraaaap'' ''pffraaap''....Onwards and Upwards ''pffffffffft'' ''guff'' ''pump''......Bye!"[8-|] "Pfhaaarp!"

If you also get a ''Whoopee Cushion'' for Crimbo BlurBlahBleurgh, you can ring Joe Ferrari, a real ''Head'' in charge of Club Meejah'' and when he answers the phone, squeeze the cushion next to your phone mouthpiece and he''ll immediately stand bolt uptright and to rigid attention and say; ''Hello Chief Exec, how may I obey you?"...."Parp!" 

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[

Is he a liar?

[/quote]

He''s been let down big time and is putting on a brave face like the gentleman that he is.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed in you and I think you should withdraw your comment.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s a rhetorical question.

You''re either correct, in which case he is lying (saying something he believes to be untrue), or:

He''s telling the truth. The board did back him.

Which is impossible.

Isn''t it?

[/quote]

It''s not a case of lying or telling the truth.  GR is saying what he appears to believe, ie. that the board have done everything humanly possible.  But how does he know whether they have or not?  According to Doncaster the manager does not get directly involved in financial negotiations, so if GR wasn''t there he doesn''t  know at first hand what actually took place.  All he''s really saying is that the board have told him they''ve done their best, and in the absence of evidence to the contrary he has no option but to believe them.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Babes - I am not shifting the focus onto anyone, I am just trying to make some sense out of the rants from some of you on here. Roeder clearly and concisely gives his version of events which quite honestly don''t fit with the bitterness and acrimony plastered all over this messageboard by a few shameless posters who have been gagging for a rant for a fortnight.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]PS. Has the Nutster and Blahahaha, asked Santa for a ''Donkster Dolly'' for Christmas? They''ll look really nice on their bookstands, festooned with Delia''s cookybooky''s alongside their autographed pickachewers of the NCFC board.......and their personal jars full of Rogernator and Mickey Wynn''s spent fagends......[/quote]

I ordered one, only the head arrived though.  It came with a note from the manufacturers - They said that they could have sent the complete dolly now, but instead they have sent me the head to wrap up and put under the tree, and they will probably send the torso in January, as they would have a better cash-flow after Xmas.   They also pointed out that the makers of the Peter Ridsdale "Spend like a lottery winner" dolly were about to go out of business, and that they were the second company who had tried to make this dolly only to find that it wasn''t economical, and then they wrote several paragraphs on how lucky I was to recieve a severed head.

[/quote]

It''s a shame you only got the head...... and unfortunately, it has no neck (it''s quite a detailed doll) but maybe you can whack it with a whip and use it as a ''spinning top?'' (On second thoughts, you probably don''t need a whip, the Donkster''s head is quite capable of spinnin'' without prompt or assistance).

Anyway, the doll''s been manufactured to speak out of its posterior - so you''ll just have to wait till you get the lower torso......Then you can pull out the chord attached to Donky the Dolly''s spineless back and hear,"Hi! I''m Neil, Chief Exec of NCFC ''pfraaarp'' ''thraaap'' ''pump'' and your question''s are unhelpful...''ffarrt'' ''guff'' ''thraap'' ''pump''......do you like the Sugababes? ''ffaaaaaart'' ''guff'' ''pump''....We remain committed to returning NCFC to where it belongs, sometime soon......''ffaaarrt'' ''pump''......''guff''......''pfraap''.......We are actively seeking future investers ''pffraaap'' ''guff'' ''thraaaaaaap'' ''pump''. I don''t really understand soccer - but Girl''s Aloud are pretty cute don''t you think? ''ffaaaaaart'' ''pffraaaaap'' ''pump''....Delia, Micky an'' Wodger are my chums....''pfhaaarp'' ''guff'' ''thraaaap'' ''pffraaap''....Onwards and Upwards ''pffffffffft'' ''guff'' ''pump''......Bye!"[8-|] "Pfhaaarp!"

If you also get a ''Whoopee Cushion'' for Crimbo BlurBlahBleurgh, you can ring Joe Ferrari, a real ''Head'' in charge of Club Meejah'' and when he answers the phone, squeeze the cushion next to your phone mouthpiece and he''ll immediately stand bolt uptright and to rigid attention and say; ''Hello Chief Exec, how may I obey you?"...."Parp!" 

[/quote] Mello, you must stop this now! I am having all sorts of disturbing images of Mr Doncaster''s head and where it''s stuck! I don''t think I should even be posting this much!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Why does it? Has Roeder come out and accused the board of not backing him like Worthington did?

Your post doesn''t do you credit Mr Carrow. It''s the sort of post I have to put up with from Wizard or Babes. I thought we had more respect between us than that.

We are in the second week of December. A player has returned to his club at the end of his loan period as agreed in the terms of that loan. The transfer window is closed so the player won''t be going anywhere until January. I would guess that we tried to extend the loan but were turned down. I would guess that Birmingham are trying to get the highest price they can for their player and are using the QPR bid for this purpose.

I would also guess that what''s happening here is quite close to breaking rules. I know we had to agree a fee for Etuhu''s transfer in the following January before we could sign him on loan and that was at least against the spirit of the laws of the game.

This will now not completely unfold until January when the transfer window opens. I have not given up on Taylor signing for us because the player himself has a big say in these things. If indeed Norwich is his preferred choice of club then I would think we are still favourites to sign him.

Mr Carrow - all this is a long way away from Worthington being refused the funds to buy Steve Howard in the summer 06 transfer window. If it transpires in January that Roeder has been thwarted by the board I point the finger of blame in the same way I did then. Allegedly.

Just curious as to whether the view is that the board should not have sanctioned the month loan of Taylor? If they had not then I suspect there would have been far less fuss now but we would have been worse off.

Maybe Roeder feels Taylor really wants to come to Norwich - and why shouldn''t he?

Meanwhile, Brum are trying to maximise their asset - and why wouldn''t they.

Notice, Roeder is a shrewd operator and in calling brum difficult has clearly tried to influence Taylor''s thinking a la Hucks. He is saying ''we want you but it is that Brady woman stopping it happening.''

The choice for Taylor then is to tell Brum he will agree to go but will go where he wants and where he is wanted even if they have to recoup a little less.

I suspect this isn''t over yet!

But, for now it is Colchester away.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

It''s not a case of lying or telling the truth.  GR is saying what he appears to believe, ie. that the board have done everything humanly possible.  But how does he know whether they have or not?  According to Doncaster the manager does not get directly involved in financial negotiations, so if GR wasn''t there he doesn''t  know at first hand what actually took place.  All he''s really saying is that the board have told him they''ve done their best, and in the absence of evidence to the contrary he has no option but to believe them.

[/quote]

How does that work? If he believes it, then he isn''t lying. In that case, however, he is either mentally deranged, incredibly stupid or extremely naive. He may not have actually been there when negotiations were ongoing, but I do not for one microsecond believe he didn''t know EXACTLY what was going on.

Or perhaps you think it went something like this:

"Did we get ''im then Mr. Grimsdale? Sorry - Mr. Doncaster?

"Eeeh no, lad. We tried t''hardest but them Brummies are right hard bargainers."

"''Ow much were they after then?

"Now don''t you go worrying about that, young Glenn; you just get out there & tell ''em there''s an extra bowl of tripe in it for ''em if we get another win Sat''day."

"Right-oh Mr.Doncaster"                exeunt

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Why does it? Has Roeder come out and accused the board of not backing him like Worthington did?

Your post doesn''t do you credit Mr Carrow. It''s the sort of post I have to put up with from Wizard or Babes. I thought we had more respect between us than that.

We are in the second week of December. A player has returned to his club at the end of his loan period as agreed in the terms of that loan. The transfer window is closed so the player won''t be going anywhere until January. I would guess that we tried to extend the loan but were turned down. I would guess that Birmingham are trying to get the highest price they can for their player and are using the QPR bid for this purpose.

I would also guess that what''s happening here is quite close to breaking rules. I know we had to agree a fee for Etuhu''s transfer in the following January before we could sign him on loan and that was at least against the spirit of the laws of the game.

This will now not completely unfold until January when the transfer window opens. I have not given up on Taylor signing for us because the player himself has a big say in these things. If indeed Norwich is his preferred choice of club then I would think we are still favourites to sign him.

Mr Carrow - all this is a long way away from Worthington being refused the funds to buy Steve Howard in the summer 06 transfer window. If it transpires in January that Roeder has been thwarted by the board I point the finger of blame in the same way I did then. Allegedly.

[/quote]

I believe your assumptions that Birmingham are out to get the best possible price for their asset is spot on. And that it makes sense for them to turn us down in extending the loan deal, as is their right to do so. It is good business sense and Brum fans expect their club to look after their interests first.

What irks me is that Doncaster''s column was an attempt to manage our expectations. But the way he goes about it is by starting off with "message boards will be buzzing with fans expecting multi-million pound transfer deals" (or words to that effect), which is the sort of throwaway comment that you might expect from some of the more excitable members of this forum, but coming from the Norwich City Chief Executive comes across as patronising and condescending.

These are not just isolated incidents either, there are many examples where board members talk as though we are rural oiks and should be grateful for what they are doing. I would love to see them start building a team instead of building roads. They may well be negotiating deals right now, in advance of the January window and I''ll be the first to give them credit for being proactive.

But if past experience, and statements from Doncaster, are anything to go on, I suspect it will more of the  make do and mend. policies that finds us at the wrong end of the table.

Next they will be claiming its as bad as Chase not releasing the funds for Windass, now that was a scandel. My policy regarding players who do not want to be here, or come here, has always been the same, bog off!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

How does that work? If he believes it, then he isn''t lying. In that case, however, he is either mentally deranged, incredibly stupid or extremely naive. He may not have actually been there when negotiations were ongoing, but I do not for one microsecond believe he didn''t know EXACTLY what was going on.

"Eeeh no, lad. We tried t''hardest but them Brummies are right hard bargainers."

"Now don''t you go worrying about that, young Glenn; you just get out there & tell ''em there''s an extra bowl of tripe in it for ''em if we get another win Sat''day."

[/quote]

Ron, try and use reason with this woman if you choose but she ( Fat Prophet ) will never, ever accept logical input. She gets a bee in her bonnet and decides she''s going to share the sting and, having done that, she disappears. She is even incapable of understanding her very own input clearly. For example, in her hypothesis, she could replace GR with herself and then, having done so,  ask herself why she chooses to inject negative spin into this interchange rather than simply accept GR''s and the clubs position until a clear outcome on Martin Taylor takes place, particularly as she is even more distant from the situation than GR is. I suspect this kind of thinking would be a bridge too far for Fat Prophet.

I believe your assumptions that Birmingham are out to get the best possible price for their asset is spot on. And that it makes sense for them to turn us down in extending the loan deal, as is their right to do so. It is good business sense and Brum fans expect their club to look after their interests first.

What irks me is that Doncaster''s column was an attempt to manage our expectations. But the way he goes about it is by starting off with "message boards will be buzzing with fans expecting multi-million pound transfer deals" (or words to that effect), which is the sort of throwaway comment that you might expect from some of the more excitable members of this forum, but coming from the Norwich City Chief Executive comes across as patronising and condescending.

These are not just isolated incidents either, there are many examples where board members talk as though we are rural oiks and should be grateful for what they are doing. I would love to see them start building a team instead of building roads. They may well be negotiating deals right now, in advance of the January window and I''ll be the first to give them credit for being proactive.

But if past experience, and statements from Doncaster, are anything to go on, I suspect it will more of the  make do and mend. policies that finds us at the wrong end of the table.

[/quote]

We couldn''t have signed Taylor this week. The only thing that could have happened would have been a hush hush agreement with Brum to sign him in January and then get the loan extended but Brum wouldn''t play ball, choosing instead to try spark off an auction in order to get the best price possible. It seems we are in agreement on this even though neither of us could actually know its true.

But what I don''t understand why it''s such a big deal what Doncaster says in the press. OK, I can see why some feel it would be better to say nothing but I really can''t see why this seems so much more important than the fact that the team has won 4/5 and been playing good football to boot (pun intended).

Now I''m seriously not being patronising because I know I am lucky to be able to attend as many games as I can but it does seem to me that the people who seem to have had their enjoyment of our improvement spoiled by a solitary newspaper column are people who don''t get to see the team play very often. I am trying to work out why that is and I guess just maybe if you aren''t lucky enough or even can''t be arsed to go see the games then every bit of information in the media has more importance.

If I am wrong then maybe someone could explain to me why this is such a big deal because nobody has managed to yet.

[quote user="T"]

Just curious as to whether the view is that the board should not have sanctioned the month loan of Taylor? If they had not then I suspect there would have been far less fuss now but we would have been worse off.

[/quote]

Yes. I think that not only are the board wise not to sign good players on permanant deals but they should refrain from signing them on loan as well as it just gets the supporters over-excited......

Honestly, is this what this club and its supporters have come to? Embarrassing.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

Yes. I think that not only are the board wise not to sign good players on permanant deals but they should refrain from signing them on loan as well as it just gets the supporters over-excited......

[/quote]

The over reaction on here because Taylor returned to Birmingham at the end of his agreed loan spell is what''s really embarassing.

If we don''t sign good players during the transfer window it would be a different matter.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The over reaction on here because Taylor returned to Birmingham at the end of his agreed loan spell is what''s really embarassing.

If we don''t sign good players during the transfer window it would be a different matter.

[/quote]

What''s really embarassing is saying "If we don''t sign good players ". Surely you meant "when"!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Babes - I am not shifting the focus onto anyone, I am just trying to make some sense out of the rants from some of you on here. Roeder clearly and concisely gives his version of events which quite honestly don''t fit with the bitterness and acrimony plastered all over this messageboard by a few shameless posters who have been gagging for a rant for a fortnight.

[/quote]

Read Fat Prophet above, Nutty.

If there is bitterness, shamelessness and acrimony plastering and ranting all over this board, it is because decent people see a shamelessly smallminded board - fronted by a prophet of doom - taking a good decent manager and hanging him out to dry.

Shades of Martin O''Neil and Dean Windass. They need to be set right quick,.We''ve had it for eleven long, long years Nutty - and it ain''t working.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I`m pretty sure you said that about the last transfer window. And the one before that. And the one befo..................[|-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I`m pretty sure you said that about the last transfer window. And the one before that. And the one befo..................[|-)]

[/quote]

Im pretty sure we have a different board and manager now though................... [|-)]

Im pretty sure we have a different board and manager now though................... [|-)]

[/quote]

We don''t seem to be able to invest a million in a proven member of the playing staff at this time.  And a player who has been improving with every game he played for us, as he got back to match fitness and sharpness.

Back to the Doc/Shax comedy show I guess.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same puppet show. Just different puppets.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

We don''t seem to be able to invest a million in a proven member of the playing staff at this time.  And a player who has been improving with every game he played for us, as he got back to match fitness and sharpness.

[/quote]

That''s just what Nutty wants y''know.

He''s more than a great fan of the Doc''s.

What he loves is that air of confidence and competence than fans out through the squad in great waves over the field when Doc bestrides our defence.

I really can''t make up my mind as to whether Nutty is really Doncaster''s maiden aunt, a binner plant or simply Delia''s cousin.

He has enough excuses and rationalistions to fill my rubbish bin.

What I do have to put up with from him. Oh dearie dearie me.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What he loves is that air of confidence and competence than fans out through the squad in great waves over the field when Doc bestrides our defence.

I really can''t make up my mind as to whether Nutty is really Doncaster''s maiden aunt, a binner plant or simply Delia''s cousin.

OTBC

[/quote]

Lose the argument - Check

Insult the poster - Check. 

Some things never change Bly [:|]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Lose the argument - Check

Insult the poster - Check. 

Some things never change Bly [:|]

[/quote]

Yes Bly, don''t for a minute think your opinions are any more important or valid than Nutty''s, just because his thoughts are the opposite of yours. But if you like to look down your nose at people, then be advised it''s a very endearing quality ...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ron, try and use reason with this woman if you choose but she ( Fat Prophet ) will never, ever accept logical input. She gets a bee in her bonnet and decides she''s going to share the sting and, having done that, she disappears. She is even incapable of understanding her very own input clearly. For example, in her hypothesis, she could replace GR with herself and then, having done so,  ask herself why she chooses to inject negative spin into this interchange rather than simply accept GR''s and the clubs position until a clear outcome on Martin Taylor takes place, particularly as she is even more distant from the situation than GR is. I suspect this kind of thinking would be a bridge too far for Fat Prophet.

[/quote]

Why am I bothering to respond to this?  

Yankee, what you glorify as "reason" is your robot brain going clunk clunk.  Robots can be very clever in their own way, but they''re still robots.  Try thinking outside the box occasionally.  If you can''t see that Ron has completely missed the point in his reply to my thread, I really can''t help you.

(Apologies to other posters for interrupting the flow of this thread.) 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Why am I bothering to respond to this?  

Yankee, what you glorify as "reason" is your robot brain going clunk clunk.  Robots can be very clever in their own way, but they''re still robots.  Try thinking outside the box occasionally.  If you can''t see that Ron has completely missed the point in his reply to my thread, I really can''t help you.

(Apologies to other posters for interrupting the flow of this thread.) 

[/quote]

So, OK, I''m being obtuse - it wouldn''t be the first time! But I''ve re-read your post & cannot understand the logic of your position. You appear to be insisting that Roeder is telling the truth as he knows it, in which case the board have blatantly lied to him. In that case, he is either not very bright, or very trusting & easily taken in. Put yourself in his position; would you simply take your employer''s word on something as important as this, or make some enquiries on your own behalf? I think Glenn has a bit more nous than you give him credit for. His actions so far do not give the impression of a naive fool.

I''m not so sure of the entire premise of this thread.  That the loss of Taylor is catestrophic and will cause the collapse of our defensive abilities and the repeated lapsing into old ways, that his arrival here heralded our revival and that in not signing him NOW we ara sure to a) not get him ever b) not get anyone else either  and c) be relegated.I central to this premise is that the Doc is utterly worthless as a defender and a dedicated hoofball merchant.  He''s not great, but I suggest you have a look at the passes he has available when he hoofs it - its not like he hoofs it depite players screaming for the ball, is it?  I have repeatedly seem him look up, see no passes on, look up again, see no passes on, look up again, see an opposition player coming towards him, then hoof it.  If whatever pass you make is going to be 50-50, then the 50-50 may as well be as far from our goal as possible.On to Taylor, I have several points.1) His arrival did not immeadiately herald our revival.  In fact in his first 3 games we conceeded 8 goals. The most goals we have conceeded in any 3 match period, indeed pick any 3 matches he didn''t play in and we didn''t conceed 8.  It was the arrival/return of Fotheringham, Pattison, Camera and Evans that coincided with our revival.2) In his time here we have conceeded at 1.375 goals per game.  This contrasts with an average of 1.429 for the other league matches.  This means that Taylor''s presence prevents 0.054 goals per game, prevented 0.428 goals in his time here, and in the rest of the season (say the 23 matches after scunny) would stop 1.242 goals in total (1 goal for every 1666 minutes, 40 seconds played).  I''m not sure this is actually a massive improvement.as to (a) (b) and (c), neither a or b are proven, just guessed at - Roeder has had 4 loan signings, so I expect him to be able to make some signings, be it Taylor or someone else.  And c, well thats a possiblity whether signings are made or not.