Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Jimmy Smith

I thought he would turn it around and put in some good performances.  Maybe with his injury he just hasn''t had the time.  I still believe he has potential but I certainly don''t think Glenn will be looking to renew his loan.

Anyway, good luck for the future Jimmy.

The City boss also plans to contact Chelsea about the possibility of holding on to Smith, whose loan runs out at the end of the month.

Roeder said he had been increasingly impressed by Smith in training.

He said: “I see Jimmy improving and we want to keep him if we can. He has improved in training over the last 10 days and that''s why he''s got himself on the bench in the last two games, waiting for his chance."

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED07%20Dec%202007%2011%3A29%3A33%3A657

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

The City boss also plans to contact Chelsea about the possibility of holding on to Smith, whose loan runs out at the end of the month.

Roeder said he had been increasingly impressed by Smith in training.

He said: “I see Jimmy improving and we want to keep him if we can. He has improved in training over the last 10 days and that''s why he''s got himself on the bench in the last two games, waiting for his chance."

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED07%20Dec%202007%2011%3A29%3A33%3A657

[/quote]

Oops, I totally missed that story.

I damaged my ankle ligaments on August bank holiday monday and i am still not 100% it is a nasty injury to have and can quite easily knock your confidence so i can understand why he is not probably performing to what we are expecting, anyone else on this board that has had the same injury i m sure will understand.

glenn must be happy with him in training, and see something we havent yet for the first team! for my namesake, i hope he gets another chance!

Tucked inside nicely today and played in a way croft certainly cannot, so keeping him gives us another option, and I again say that we are yet to see him in his natural central position.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I thought he would turn it around and put in some good performances.  Maybe with his injury he just hasn''t had the time.  I still believe he has potential but I certainly don''t think Glenn will be looking to renew his loan.

Anyway, good luck for the future Jimmy.

[/quote]