Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Izale McLeod? er, no thanks...

Its reported today were are after Izale McLeod as Charlton are prepared to let him go for £1m in January. This guy scored a few in League 2 but hasnt scored 1 goal in 14 games for Charlton, so obviously is way out of his depth in the Championship.So why on earth would we want him? I think this story is bullshid, and stems from our interest in the summer. I cant beleive Roeder would ever waste £1m of our money on a flop like McLeod. We dont even need any strikers in my opinion. Having said that this irish guy Mooney from Longford Town is well worth a punt, especially if we can get him for £100k or something. He was the leagues top scorer last season, and has bagged 19 in 33 this term, at a team bottom of the league who got relegated.As i understand it the Irish league is roughly the same level as League 2 so Mooney would be definitely be worth a look, could be another Kevin Doyle or Shane Long.A reasonable deal is necessary tho, perhaps a loan with a view to a permanent move.In the meantime Sheff Utd 2moro so come on the boys, another 3 points please, cant wait to see the Fozzy show again, better performance than Plymouth tho please Mark! Another Coventry would do nicely. Blimey, at this rate im gonna have to make another shrine to go alongside Hucks''s......now where''s them candles...OTBC

Roeder has rulled him out, i think hell be hoping for a perm with evans if sven is given a big kitty at man city and we improve more this season.

[quote user="YellowIce"]Roeder has rulled him out, i think hell be hoping for a perm with evans if sven is given a big kitty at man city and we improve more this season.[/quote]Rumour has it Sven is after Adriano, so that must boost our chances of at least extending Evans'' loan.

"Its reported today were are after Izale McLeod as Charlton are prepared to let him go for £1m in January. This guy scored a few in League 2 but hasnt scored 1 goal in 14 games for Charlton, so obviously is way out of his depth in the Championship."

I''m not saying we should sign him, or that he comes with bells and whistles attached, but I think you should do your research Barclayman.... Mcleod has made 14 APPEARANCES for Charlton. only ONE of those has been a START. how do you know all his sub appearances haven''t been in 89th min? im not saying they were, just a possibility. If this were the case, not scoring in 1game and 13 mins is not enough to make a judgement on him being ''obviously out of his depth'' surely? Personally i think he is a raw talent, i think he can do it in this division and i think he will prove it somewhere, that plays to his strengths and has a good man-manager in charge who can turn him into the finished article.

I believe Roeder could do this so do not think he would be a poor signing, but i think there are better out there for the money.

[quote user="kick it off"]

"Its reported today were are after Izale McLeod as Charlton are prepared to let him go for £1m in January. This guy scored a few in League 2 but hasnt scored 1 goal in 14 games for Charlton, so obviously is way out of his depth in the Championship."I''m not saying we should sign him, or that he comes with bells and whistles attached, but I think you should do your research Barclayman.... Mcleod has made 14 APPEARANCES for Charlton. only ONE of those has been a START. how do you know all his sub appearances haven''t been in 89th min? im not saying they were, just a possibility. If this were the case, not scoring in 1game and 13 mins is not enough to make a judgement on him being ''obviously out of his depth'' surely? Personally i think he is a raw talent, i think he can do it in this division and i think he will prove it somewhere, that plays to his strengths and has a good man-manager in charge who can turn him into the finished article.

I believe Roeder could do this so do not think he would be a poor signing, but i think there are better out there for the money.

[/quote]Sweet jesus kick it off, are you Izale''s mum or something? or perhaps your the man himself perusing the City noticeboards to see if were talking about ya! What a ridiculous statement, your basing your argument against me on the fact that its possible he may have only come on in 89th min for 13 games in a row, haha..Im sure he''s had plenty of action, he''s featured in 14 matches and not scored one goal. He''s not proven himself at this level, if he was good enough he would have started more than 1 game dont you think? He''s had 14 chances to impress, even if he hadnt scored if he''d played well he would have started more, but he hasnt, that proves how much Pardew rates him.Sounds distinctly similar to Chris Brown, had enough mins on the pitch to prove himself but has come up short, but at least he''s got 1 goal to his name! Now would you spend £1m on another Chris Brown? No, didnt think so.

I was just pointing out that you were making unbased claims. Mcleod has pace and that is an unteachable asset. i thought he scored quite a few for MK dons when they were in this division? i might be wrong however - i don''t really remember.

I wasn''t saying he had come on in the 89th for 13games in a row, was just pointing out you don''t know! after all Ian Henderson scored 4 in 4 for us in promotion season didnt he? or something similar. but i wouldn''t say that was representative of him as a player. Akinbiyi did nothing for us but has been prolific for other clubs. Peter Crouch was in the reserves for a year at Villa before coming to us on loan. I think your making a bold statement on so little time on the pitch.

and everyone has clubs they don''t fit at. Earnshaw can''t get a game at Derby who are bottom of prem and struggling for goals, does that make him a poor player too?

He also scored quite a lot in league two, and league one before that.

I also said in my original post, if you had read it properly, "how do you know all his sub appearances haven''t been in the 89th min, not saying they were, just a possibility." i wasn''t trying to found an argument against you, just saying maybe you should check the facts before saying a player is crap.

I apologise if i''ve caused you any offence, I just don''t think that can judge a player on 90mins and a few sub appearances when i doubt you have seen?