Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

OIfficial starting XI - Bizarre?

Marshall

Semmy, Taylor, Shacks, Camara,

Smith, Pattison, Fozzy, Hucks

Cureton, Evans

I can''t see why Smith is in for Croft? and why Curo is starting again? Surely it should be a big man with Evans?

Also Fozzy confirmed as Captain for the season according to radio Norfolk. Good move in my books, looks like Fozzy has a future here under Roeder, IF he stays injury free!!

It''s the same starting line-up as Plymouth, only Jimmy Smith for the suspended Darel Russell.Bizzarely though 5 loan players are in the starting 11, which I thought you couldn''t do?

[quote user="kick it off"]

Marshall

Cureton, Evans

I can''t see why Smith is in for Croft? and why Curo is starting again? Surely it should be a big man with Evans?

Also Fozzy confirmed as Captain for the season according to radio Norfolk. Good move in my books, looks like Fozzy has a future here under Roeder, IF he stays injury free!!

[/quote]

I think its spot on Glen Roeder , time will tell [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Maybe because Croft is crap, possibly the worst player i have seen in that position 4 us !![/quote]Thats a bit harsh, but then this is coming from someone who uses a ''4'' instead of typing ''for'' [:P]Croft isn''t crap and he certainly is not the worst player to grace that position.

we are allowed 5 - leeds had 6 which was why they got in trouble.

Croft at least tries hard, which i havent seen from smith thus far this season!!

I agree Croft is poor, but Smith has not done anything in the time he has been given on the pitch. at least croft looks like he might occassionally!!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

Croft isn''t crap and he certainly is not the worst player to grace that position.
[/quote]

No, That award goes to Ian Henderson. He would forward about 6 foot, at the first sight of an opposition player he would turn round and pass back to Robert Green. Class!!!!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Maybe because Croft is crap, possibly the worst player i have seen in that position 4 us !![/quote]

Have you forgotten who Mark Rivers is?

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Whoooo !!  Uea  picking at 4 instead of for, u r a very sad man ![/quote]I rest my case...

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Whoooo !!  Uea  picking at 4 instead of for, u r a very sad man ![/quote]

I rest my case...
[/quote]

Sad is saying Lee Croft is the worst player you have seen on on right side. I assume you only started going to football within the last six months cos we have had some real rubbish grazing the right wing in the past. Yes thats right "grazing" not gracing.

Marshall

Cureton, Evans

[/quote]

I think its a refreshing change to not have the big/little striker combination, it might mean that we actually start to pass the ball again!

we started with curo and dublin at stoke and played wonderful passing stuff in the first half.

cant argue with the scoreline though. worked so far.

[quote user="Vern "]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Whoooo !!  Uea  picking at 4 instead of for, u r a very sad man ![/quote]I rest my case...[/quote]

Sad is saying Lee Croft is the worst player you have seen on on right side. I assume you only started going to football within the last six months cos we have had some real rubbish grazing the right wing in the past. Yes thats right "grazing" not gracing.

[/quote]I assume your talking to Tim, not me?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]
I assume your talking to Tim, not me?
[/quote]

You assume correctly

Marshall

Cureton, Evans

[/quote]

I can c this line up perfectly, leaveoff roeder! smith is a beast!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Maybe because Croft is crap, possibly the worst player i have seen in that position 4 us !![/quote]

at last someone who feels the same way as me

but not the worst i have ever seen that one goes to wee paul mcviegh

i wasnt aware i was laying into Roeder? i said i thought it was a bizarre starting line up. and i did. It proved to a great lineup and i am happy about that and pleased we have got Glenn at the heln. as i have been since the scum game.

[quote user="Vern "]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Whoooo !!  Uea  picking at 4 instead of for, u r a very sad man ![/quote]

I rest my case...
[/quote]

[/quote]

totally agree vern, croft is no where near ''crap'' hes a decent player ...

[quote user="Paul101"]

at last someone who feels the same way as me

but not the worst i have ever seen that one goes to wee paul mcviegh

[/quote]One muppet after another...

Ah, ok. That explains your comment about Bryan Robson being an over-rated player. You are quite clearly mental! (don''t forget Daryl Sutch played right wing for us a few times.... )

Gee Whizz guys what happened to people being allowed an opinion ! Im not going to slate the guy who had a go at Mcveigh, i loved the little guy, when played in his correct position he was great, i just think Croft lacks that bit of pace, ideas, final ball etc.

At the end of the day we won, isnt that great, im over the moon personally and don`t care who played, Im not the only person who thinks that Robson is overrated, a lot of Man utd fans do too!

Lets not murder people for  having an opinion unless it borders lunacy like most of smudgers comments.

OTBC people, have a great saturday night, even uea !!!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Maybe because Croft is crap, possibly the worst player i have seen in that position 4 us !![/quote]What the F&*$!!!Are you insane?

[quote user="BarclayMan (artist formerly known as BarclayBoy)"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Maybe because Croft is crap, possibly the worst player i have seen in that position 4 us !![/quote]

What the F&*$!!!

Are you insane?
[

Crofty is generally good value, a high tempo player, with plenty of skill at keeping the ball down the right touchline...didn''t really cut it today, because that right side got too cramped due to not enough distribution to the left side where Hucks spent a very inactive last half hour.

/quote]