Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Tiny Taylor Told he can leave Brum..........

So we must be the front runners for his Signature.  Go on Board, make the Money available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It''s great news, I am sure Glenn will persuade him, be very interesting to see what money changes hands.

Yet another one line classic in that press conference though about there being nothing in London to persuade him to go there.

sounds like good news for you lot, only thing is you sort of want him to be slightly better than average at the moment, because say team like villa called cahill back would they want to pinch him under your noses?

do you have 1st option on him? this would be vital if you did, i think he would choose you over anyone else due to being on form, and being key player for the club. but you never know in football

Purely hypothetical - If we made the funds available for Taylor, McLeod, the Longford bloke, Matty Pattison and Mo Camara would that result in the board haters taking a backward step.  We harp on about ambition time and time again, if this little group signed surely that would be a signal of intent.  Would be enough for me....

If nothing else, if we get him until Jan 1st then it''s an unexpected bonus.  He has nothing to lose from extending his loan here, it keeps him playing regular first team football and other championship clubs will maintain their interest if he keeps playing well and getting picked.  It was good of McCliesh to tell him where he stands too - if Birmingham are looking to offload him he might not be as expensive as has been previously suggested.

If the board back Glenn with money in January yes, it would show they were backing him. I am not sure they would sanction the buying of the entire list you mention to be honest and indeed we don''t know if Roeder wants all of them. I am thinking Glenn Roeder is here for the long term, not just to save us this season, so would want to know they would back him in January to stabilise our position in the Championship, and then in the summer to set about a serious rebuilding of the squad. That would show ambition. Everyone is making the right noises at the moment, we need to see some action.

[quote]If we made the funds available for Taylor, McLeod, the Longford bloke, Matty Pattison and Mo Camara would that result in the board haters taking a backward step[/quote]

Camara and the Longford bloke would probably be fairly cheap.  Camara is a defender, early 30s, and his club are looking to move him on.  Pattison was also signed with a view to a long-term move I believe.

It''s quite possible that we''ll have all 4 by January.  Whether that will please the extremists, I doubt it.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]It would be great if we could persuade him to sign a permanent contract, but how much would his transfer fee be? Can we afford him?[/quote]

Reckon we would get him for £500k-£750k

[quote user="jimmy500"]Purely hypothetical - If we made the funds available for Taylor, McLeod, the Longford bloke, Matty Pattison and Mo Camara would that result in the board haters taking a backward step.  We harp on about ambition time and time again, if this little group signed surely that would be a signal of intent.  Would be enough for me....[/quote]

It''d be a great sign of ambition but theres also the problem of available funds being so low these days. Delia and Co simply can''t compete anymore with the kind of money being thrown around in football. We still need an injection of cash in large quantities from someone who carries enough money in his back pocket to clear the national debts of most African nations.

If it is true this would be excellent news - for my money this guy looks a cut above the standard of a team playing at the foot of the Championship so he would be a real coup.  Just get the feeling we are likely to have competition for the signature (and our track record in those situations is not inspiring).

still dont think they will back Roeder.. where is the money going to come from?

would liek to see Taylor sign but still got a feeling he will end up with Bruce at wigan...

He''s a premiership quality center half... why is he going to risk that for possible playing in league 1 next season?

jas :)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]If we made the funds available for Taylor, McLeod, the Longford bloke, Matty Pattison and Mo Camara would that result in the board haters taking a backward step[/quote]

Camara and the Longford bloke would probably be fairly cheap.  Camara is a defender, early 30s, and his club are looking to move him on.  Pattison was also signed with a view to a long-term move I believe.

It''s quite possible that we''ll have all 4 by January.  Whether that will please the extremists, I doubt it.

[/quote]

Hasn''t some of the criticism of the NCFC. board been valid?

As to describe some people who have a different view from yourself as ''EXTREMISTS'' is a bit extreme if I may say so!

[quote]Hasn''t some of the criticism of the NCFC. board been valid?[/quote]

A lot of it has, particularly criticism regarding a lack of financial support for the football.

[quote]As to describe some people who have a different view from yourself as ''EXTREMISTS'' is a bit extreme if I may say so![/quote]

It was accidental, but you''ve just fallen for a Cluck trick - if the cap fits, etc... I shall be more careful in future.

When I say extremists, I probably should say that not all people will be happy regardless of what happens in January, short of a miraculous 25 game unbeaten run culminating in a place in the play-offs.  A lot of people will be happy if the team continues to bimble into mid-table obscurity, with a view to having a proper crack at promotion next season, me included.  But not all.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make the correction.

[quote user="Vern "]

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]It would be great if we could persuade him to sign a permanent contract, but how much would his transfer fee be? Can we afford him?[/quote]

Reckon we would get him for £500k-£750k

[/quote]I wish.It would be at least 1.5 million

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

still dont think they will back Roeder.. where is the money going to come from?

would liek to see Taylor sign but still got a feeling he will end up with Bruce at wigan...

He''s a premiership quality center half... why is he going to risk that for possible playing in league 1 next season?

jas :)

[/quote]If Bruce didn''t think he was good enough to play for Brum I can''t see him wanting him at Wigan, Taylor is a very good centre half at championship level but I don''t think he has the pace to be a top prem centre back.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]If the board back Glenn with money in January yes, it would show they were backing him. I am not sure they would sanction the buying of the entire list you mention to be honest and indeed we don''t know if Roeder wants all of them. I am thinking Glenn Roeder is here for the long term, not just to save us this season, so would want to know they would back him in January to stabilise our position in the Championship, and then in the summer to set about a serious rebuilding of the squad. That would show ambition. Everyone is making the right noises at the moment, we need to see some action.[/quote]

If Roeder does the business and we do survive (I''m quietly confident he, and we will) I just hope that no Premiership club comes sniffin'' for his potential recruitment.....If he doesn''t get the financial backing from the board and the Chief Exec, (Mr O''Neill similarities) I just personally feel, if an offer comes from one of the above.......Glenn would take himself and Lee........to pastures new.

I''m unlikely to ever support this current board - even if they freely, courteously and personally deliver me, a plate of pies and a litre of Guinness (extra cold) in the Cathedral Lounge at halftime for every home game. I just feel that they''d be happy to tootle along for the next campaign if we achieve a mid-table position this season. I''m also incessantly pi$$ed off with ferkin'' glorification of Delia, Donkster and the board - and how they are utterly butterly totally committed to making this club a success. The only reason they''re jumping around like panicky rabbits on the slopes of a ''spewing rivers of lava'' violently erupting volcano - is because we were freefallin'' and likely to disappear into total football oblivion. Crisis management at its finest - and they''ve been totally ignorant, arrogant and myopically nonchalant - since our departure from the Premiership. Delia and Micky Wynn take a backseat, Rogernater retire and Drole Donkster Do One. If the Turner Two think they can take the reins......Then strike now! I''m sure they know someone in the world of business and finance who is more than capable of sorting out weasels of football agents - and contracts that don''t leave us with floundering debt and rotten eggs on our faces.

But it''s only a personal opinion......   

[quote user="jimmy500"]Purely hypothetical - If we made the funds available for Taylor, McLeod, the Longford bloke, Matty Pattison and Mo Camara would that result in the board haters taking a backward step.  We harp on about ambition time and time again, if this little group signed surely that would be a signal of intent.  Would be enough for me....[/quote]

For now, that in my opinion, is the least they should do!

It would only signal the ambition of the board to keep us in this league,which in its own right isn''t the ambition a club like Norwich should be harbouring in the first place. All said and done IF the board sanctioned the funds for those players, i wouldn''t be disappointed.

Basically i would say "yes"-whilst bearing in mind what got us into this mess in the first place. Over the longer term i would want to see clear evidence that infrastructure no longer takes precedence over improving the team. The board have had the club on the wrong path since promotion but we can all start pulling together again if they make it clear they have learned their lessons and changed direction.

[quote user="kdncfc"]If Bruce didn''t think he was good enough to play for Brum I can''t see him wanting him at Wigan, Taylor is a very good centre half at championship level but I don''t think he has the pace to be a top prem centre back.[/quote]

I think we could probably get him for around a million.  Having seen him play he is a very good player at this level, but can see why perhaps he has slipped out of the first team premiership reckoning.  He lacks pace, but he also seems to lack that bit extra, that edge to his game.

I would like to see us sign him, but as a poster above mentioned, I would be surprised if the likes of Wigan or Derby weren''t banging at Brum''s door.