Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

9 Million quid keeper

Sunderlands british transfer record goalkeeper has been kept on the bench for their last 2 games by none other than Darren Ward who couldn''t get a game  when he was here.

Crazy or what.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

Sunderlands british transfer record goalkeeper has been kept on the bench for their last 2 games by none other than Darren Ward who couldn''t get a game  when he was here.

Crazy or what.

[/quote]

It seems crazy but to be fair he was never going to get a game as Rob Green was our keeper at the time. Worthy rated him though and he soon became No.2 in front of Gally. I remember seeing him at Charlton when Greeno had to go off injured and I think he maybe played one other game for us. But he was injured a lot of the time and I believe the injury was the reason Worthy didn''t offer him another contract. Good luck to him at Sunderland, he always looked like the true proffessional to me when he was here.

Whats crazy is that, from his hefty price tag, he is meant to be worth nine times what we have... Sunderland have been had there I think. 

Well after the Everton drubbing, Keano decided he had to try something different, then Ward pulled off some brilliant save in the win against Derby, so he had to be kept in for the Chelsea game. But Gordon will be back for the next match, he has been one of the best keepers in the league this season.

he had tough couple weeks i.e italy big occasion, newcastle, everton. and he was rested just to recharge his batteries i think and regain some confidence, all honesty chelsea game was only going to be 0-0 or chelsea. if chelsea stuck 4 past him his confidence would be rock bottom, good move i think