Sign in to follow this  
Disipline

A question about Norwich and Wolves

Hey guys,

I was curious, is there some kind of unspoken rivalvery between Norwich and Wolves? I went to a few games between them when i was living in England (Play offs, and the 3-0 defeat at home the season after) and the atmosphere always seemed real intense, obviously taken into account that it was the play offs, but still the crowd seemed to almost have that Norwich vs Ipswich biterness about it. Im just wondering and any input would be helpful

Everyone hates Wolves! [:D]

It''s one of the worst grounds to visit cos its full of imitidating, abusive fat blokes!

I seem to remember this all starting when we beat them at Molineux and Steve Bull got sent off in the last minute. Then had to leave a ground where anyone wearing yellow seemed fair game to the local neanderthals and there was not a policeman in sight!

Anyway if form stays as it is we''ll soon be above Wolves! [;)]

It has to do with the fact we were second in the table around christmas time or maybe a bit later - i dont remember, with Bellamy just broken thru and on a streak of form and Iwan providing an excellent foil for Bellers, and Muscat went thru Bellamy and broke his leg and we didn''t even get a free kick for it, but it left our promotion hopes shattered.

Plus the fact they are scum. Fans are awful - arrogant, abusive, attempt to intimidate outside the ground etc etc. They always hark back to their glory days and cannot accept that they are now a small team - probably the smallest from the area - WBA, brum and villa are all bigger, better supported teams, - coventry are the only localish team smaller than them.

wolves have no beef we norwich, your just an ordinary game for us like if we played sheff utd for example

on being above us, if you keep winning then you;ll be above us by new years day because we are utter crap

Some seassons ago, weren''t Wolves top of the (now) Championship by some huge margin and (I think) Dave Jones came out and said that they were as good as promoted. Hillariously, they hit on really bad form at the end of the season and lost the auto-promotion spot to rivals WBA last game of the season. They then seem to think that they''d walk the play-offs as they only had to get past us carrot-crunchers. They didn''t. losing 3-1 at Carrow Road, a 1-0 at Moulinex wasn''t enouugh and we went to Cardiff instead of them. That would have been 2001, I think.

call us a little club shows us how much knowledge you have,

we are above you in the league, more investment, bigger ground than you and average 1k worse off than you

im not saying we are better than you size wise, but we are least on par

so call us small is basically calling yourselves small

just because we have good competition in blues, villa, wba. and you have no one doesnt mean your big team n we are small team

[quote user="K Lo"]Some seassons ago, weren''t Wolves top of the (now) Championship by some huge margin and (I think) Dave Jones came out and said that they were as good as promoted. Hillariously, they hit on really bad form at the end of the season and lost the auto-promotion spot to rivals WBA last game of the season. They then seem to think that they''d walk the play-offs as they only had to get past us carrot-crunchers. They didn''t. losing 3-1 at Carrow Road, a 1-0 at Moulinex wasn''t enouugh and we went to Cardiff instead of them. That would have been 2001, I think.
[/quote]

dj did indeed say stupidly we was as good as up, we did blow it

but if you talk to most wolves fans we were not v.confident going into the playoffs, we blew it once and we are never good playoff team, we didnt expect to walk over although we did finish around 17-19pts ahead of you, but we all know the rules and format with the league before hand, but i will say most wolves did not expect to thrash you

Cor blast bor oi cant keep quiert any longer. Oi live in Shropsire amongst Wolves and WBA fans an there alroit oi also lived near Sheffield and United and Wednesday were ok. Worst b*stards are Leeds, Man U and Millwall, Stoke are not much better although larst week I thought the stewards were great, very friendly and complimentory about the Norwich fans. Treat opposition fans as we would like to be treated and with the exception of those I''ve mentioned they will treat us OK with the obvious exception of those sub humans from my home County down the A140!

Glen Roader is on his way to being awarded the freedom of Norfolk, hope I''m not being premature!

Bugger why is there no spell check for a pissed up person to use?

Ahhh... THAT Muscat tackle....what a poor excuse for a footballer he was! Just an australian lout who could manage to pick a fight in a monastery! Worst tackle i have ever seen on a football pitch...my memory is of Rioch marching ONTO the pitch while play was still going on to have a go at Muscat!

Ahhh... THAT Muscat tackle....what a poor excuse for a footballer he was! Just an australian lout who could manage to pick a fight in a monastery! Worst tackle i have ever seen on a football pitch...my memory is of Rioch marching ONTO the pitch while play was still going on to have a go at Muscat

indeed one of worst i have seen, he made no attempt of winning the ball that is for sure

c.t - wolves played like that all season but scraped 1-0 wins, which has made us look much better than we are, we are top 6 at best

but if you taking the piss i will just say have you seen the league lately ;-p

For me, it''s when Muscat ruined our season by spitefully hacking down bellamy, on purpose.  I''m convinced we''d have gone up that year if it weren''t for that.. We won the next game, and then didn''t win for 7 weeks until bellamy was back, and when he returned we won the first game!  Had we had him for those  week we would have gone up.

He''s still at it, in australia - just look on youtube.

And then when Paul Butler arrogantly said "Now you''ll face the real wolves" assuming they would easily beat us.  And then Dave Jones said it was arrogant of us to put info about the millennium stadium in the programme for the 1st leg, when in fact that was the only time they could otherwise no one would have a clue!