Sign in to follow this  
Essexyella

Biggest claim to fame!

Anyone interested in a thread on " Biggest claim to fame"
Mine was walking down the aisle at Tesco with another manager and a customer as BBCs Watchdog filmed for all of 10 seconds.
Anyone beat that!
Football related would be being on Sky sports coverage of the Essex v Hampshire match.
As Gazza said i do lead an exciting life!

i was only kidding essexyella, really

what were watchdog doing in tescos? thought they were okay and didn''t rip off their customers lol

biggest claim to fame, well i do have one, but don''t know whether i should mention it on here, oh well here goes

i painted the norwich city dressing room after chase was kicked out of carrow road, it is still painted in the colours chosen by the great mike walker, we did it for him really to welcome him back (took three days over christmas)

i got a signed shirt for it, and was very proud to do it

Can''t really say anything NCFC-related as that''s down to work and would be cheating. Although going to a party at McVeigh''s place had nothing to do with work, but anyway, I was on the second ever Trisha show...

i was interviewed on sky sports when mike walker left to go to everton i gave a really harsh report on him calling him a judas etc i was on fo ten mins or so
and the next one i was on match of the day opening titles standing up with my arms aloft felt proud on every week for one season think in 1993 not sure now was only 15
and the best has to be tripping over on a street in london and knocking little dennis wise over who was walking the other way. when i say claim to fame on that its not really a claim to fame but it still makes me laugh 7 years on

I''ve scored a goal set up by Bobby Charlton. Ran behind the defence, took a defence splitting pass off him, Tucked the ball past the keeper, wheeled away and he said "Great Goal son, great vision and running"...

I was rubbish for the rest of the game cos I was so chuffed he''d recognised it!

I used to mow John Deehans and Chris Woods gardens when they lived in Hellsedon many moons ago, and a couple of years later watched the Bruno/Tyson fight in the River End pub with the likes of Andy Townsend.

Non footy related I plumb the depths of seeing an antiques hunt type show being filmed starring the posh female wine critic of the Food & drink show. Now I thinks it me that needs to get a life!

Feb 1984 on University Challenge representing UEA, we got stuffed by the Toffs from Magdalen College not Street from Oxford, national TV for 25 minutes beat that.

Also on the team certain Simon Scarrow, who you ask well he writes books on such subjects as the Roman Empire, fiction, someone may have heard of him, also featured many moons ago on a Direct Line brochure I was sent. Still lives in the Fair City I understand.

Also got knocked out in first round of 15 to 1, again in the media spotlight.

However my times at UEA 1982-5, were I got attached to the Canaries best years of my life, every thing since a monumental disappointment, even this seasons highpoint I am afraid. Yankee Canary may be a manic depressive however I am more manic than he.

I suppose winning the Title and then Chapignons League might bring smile but only fleeting.

I will stop depressing you all know.

I played 5 a side football with the band Space a few years back at UEA. Then got backstage passes for their gig that night. Who remembers them ??

Was on Look East just before the Play-Off game against Wolves 2 years ago.

Thats about it really.

Being at the Norwich City centenary match and dinner, and being told by a number of former players (Dave Bennett, Clive Baker, Dave Watson, John Deehan, Roger Hansbury) that they really enjoyed and appreciated my "Flown From The Nest" website

Me and a few lads were on Soccer AM a few years ago representing city - gave a good account of ourselves - scored a peach of a goal live to the nation but never got a call up from the manager. I also got intervewed in Poland before an English international however a min riot kicked off behind us and the film crew started getting hit with a few bricks etc but I manage to stay calm and predicted the correct result and the English players who would score - once again never got a call up from Sky for a full time job - a big loss to English football IMHO.

Up the City!

Standing under the score board in Munich as England beat Germany and being on the back page of every national the next day. And thinking how lucky Norwich fans would have been to be standing in the same place as Gossy and Taff scored.

Was on Sky News when Mike Walker left the first time (it was just archive footage of me and my mate getting his autograph outside the River End before a match).

Also, I''ve scored at Carrow Road! In that Football Aid thing, a couple of years ago. Did a Maradona spin on the halfway line between two defenders, then ran half the length of the pitch before going round the keeper to score! It was a dream come true, especially when Gossy came up to me a few minuted later (he was one of the celebrity captains) and said how good a goal it was, and how he liked my style! One of my best ever goals, and it came on the hallowed turf trodden on by legends like Matthaus, Cantona, Giggs, Fleck, Akinbiyi and now MG7! I still get the shivers thinking about it :)

Non-football related, one of my housemates is a Virgin Radio DJ (won''t say which one).

I have a few claims to fame. When I was 5 (12 years ago) I appeared in the EDP because they were doing an article on a school Easter Egg competitions at my school and I was standing on the front row with a few fellow class mates and my teacher behind us and we were all proudly displaying the eggs. I was on Anglia once when I was 10 and at Middle School when they used to do that "School of the day" thing and they came to my school because we were learning about the Tudors and on that day we had to dress up in Tudor type costumes and a chap like a story teller had come and Anglia wanted to do a piece on it for that SOTD. I was caught because the company who''d come to teach us more about them picked me after I answered a question wrong when asked at random and put me in stock type things with my feet trapped and I couldn''t make big movements like to escape or the person behind me would hit with this light stick. I was also caught on Look East once because down my street they were doing a piece about these dead bugs, cockroaches and birds that got stuck up people''s chimney''s and they caught a shot of me just casually walking down the street.
For football on the night of promotion this year, there was a sky cameraman and camera standing just in front of the City Stand and he did the shot where he walked along sideways getting shot of the crowd in the Stand and he passed me who was being a idiot and doing a cheesy grin and thumbs up which looked a big like Mr Bean whilst many people were doing the happy clenched fist thing, jumping up and down, smiling or singing etc. Like most people I stayed up late and I didn''t get to sleep until after 2 and I caught myself at around 1am or so on Sky Sports News when they showed the camera going the length of the fans in the City Stand although earlier when they showed pictures of the fans in earlier reports they didn''t get further than the bench.

Enfield,
I love that ''flown from the nest'' website too.Great source of information so well done to you.

Well it wasn''t that big and it wasn''t national but it got me in the EDP and all its sister papers. Craig Flemming took me to school, in the football clubs lotus, last month because it was my leavers day.