Sign in to follow this  
sydneysider

Value of loan players

Several weeks ago Peter Grant said words to the effect that he didn''t feel that loan players were good ''value''. I know its early days and I''m going to keep my feet on the ground but I wonder what his views will be now, especially after 4 wins in 5, which has largely been a result of loan players.

Brilliant result today!! A clean sheet aswell and hopefully our time in the bottom 3 is over!!

[quote user="sydneysider"]

Several weeks ago Peter Grant said words to the effect that he didn''t feel that loan players were good ''value''.

[/quote]Nearly 50% of yesterday''s starting 11 were loans. The prospect of losing them is scary - they all gave top value yesterday.

Its quite extraordinary how the loan players have performed ! They have uncertain futures, are away from their normal environment, yet all look like they belong and are totally committed to the cause. I can''t believe they will all be going back. Credit to Roeder for getting them to perform at the highest level, thus far !

Like most things in football it comes down to quality and attitude.  Loans of the like of Crouch, Hucks, Harper and in this seasons case Camara, Evans, Pattison and Taylor can turn a season.  When you are taking the likes of Benjamin, Hammond and the laziest version of Etuhu on loan it is no surprise they have little or negative effect.

Moneytary valur though?

Evans - Not going to be permanent, too good a prospect.

Taylor - QPR had a £1m bid accepted, we may get a bit of a discount on that price, but that roughly right.

Pattison - I cant see much change form 600K - i know his contract is running out but i think we will pay it to get first choice on him.

Camera - Depends on how long left at Derby, i think 1.5 years so maybe 800K.

Smith - probably unlikely, in the region of a million, but i dont believe he is what we need.