Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

DAVID MARSHALL!!!

IS THIS A JOKE?! New member and absolutely disgusted at the criticsm of The Player Of The Year so far. MOTM''s, POTMonth 2 months in a row! Some people here quite clearly don''t understand just how good this lad is! Keep up the gr8 work Marsh!

Sorry, can''t agree that he is player of the year so far.  Some of the criticism has been harsh but I have not seen yet why he was worth the reported £1m we paid for him.  His shot stopping is good but some of his general play is weak.  His kicking at times has been terrible and I don''t find him convincing on crosses at all, we have seen him miss crosses and drop balls.

He is still young though and the signs are there for a good keeper.  Let''s not destroy him but lets not make out he is something he is not either.

For the money we paid i belive he is well worth it. The players infront of him get a lot of confidence knowing they have such a good keeper behind them.

Season turning point was the penalty save a Blackpool as Dion said if we hadnt have won there Coventry would not have meant anything!!!

Keep up the good work!

[quote user="Canary Chris"]IS THIS A JOKE?! New member and absolutely disgusted at the criticsm of The Player Of The Year so far. MOTM''s, POTMonth 2 months in a row! Some people here quite clearly don''t understand just how good this lad is! Keep up the gr8 work Marsh![/quote]Pick your toys up mate! I''ve not seen anyone criticising him particularly, just noting that he is prone to the odd flap or dropped cross. He is no Bryan Gunn or Greeno. Yet. But he certainly has the potential if he can cut these lapses out. One of them is going to cost us sooner or later otherwise.