Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

i dont think roeder a bad manager so just listen a second

on my posts everyone is moaning with what i am saying about roeder

let me clear it up

i rate him as a manger beleive he will do good job for you not great job but a good job

i just cant understand how your saying he is the best manager in the league as someone said

and how he is rated above people like mccarthy, mowbray dowie etc..

he could quite well be on par with those but im saying he needs to prove it as he hasnt by winning promotions, or doing good job at whu, and his spell newcastle went pearshaped

i dont want replies i just want you lot to LISTEN

I LIKE ROEDER, I BELIEVE HE IS DOING GOOD JOB FOR THE CLUB, but dont get carried away

thank you for listening

[quote user="we8wba"]

let me clear it up

i rate him as a manger beleive he will do good job for you not great job but a good job

i just cant understand how your saying he is the best manager in the league as someone said

he could quite well be on par with those but im saying he needs to prove it as he hasnt by winning promotions, or doing good job at whu, and his spell newcastle went pearshaped

I LIKE ROEDER, I BELIEVE HE IS DOING GOOD JOB FOR THE CLUB, but dont get carried away

thank you for listening

[/quote]

So you think Roeders a bad manager? Why? [:)]

He did well at West Ham, guided them to 7th place, the following season (relegation) he collapsed at mid-point with a brain tumour.  Did well at Newcastle guiding them to the 7th again I think, qualified for the UEFA cup by winning the intertwobob.  Following season had to deal with an injury crisis that I think would have tested the very best managers.  Sacked by Newcastle becuase they craved a high profile name, Roeder wasnt that man.

As for being the best manager in the league, thats a premature statement but....Mowbray, inherited a very strong squad.  Dowie, good manager I like him but he has spent money and achieved little.  McCarthy, don''t make me laugh, I know you might be slightly biased but seriously, he is OK at best but too safety first orientated for me.

I think the consensus so far is that he has done a wonderful job in a short space of time.   Results have improved, morale has certainly improved.  You watched us against you, how rubbish were we.  We don''t play like that anymore, now we actually try to pass the ball instead of just lumping it.

My honest opinion, not the best manager in the league but certainly up there in the top 4/5.  Too early to predict yet, lets see if we can sustain what we have started first!!!

[quote]and how he is rated above people like mccarthy, mowbray dowie etc[/quote]

Looking just at results, Roeder''s had two relegations.  But he''s also had two 7th place finishes in the Premier League and a place in the Uefa Cup last 16, which is better than any of the managers you''ve named.  So he has probably had more success than any other manager in the Championship.  Pardew at Charlton arguably has a comparable record, but I''d argue that Roeder has managed at a higher level than most, if not all in the Championship.  Dowie has had one season in the Premier League which ended in relegation, Mowbray hasn''t got there yet.  Has McCarthy managed in the Premiership ?  I can''t remember.  But I don''t think he has.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]and how he is rated above people like mccarthy, mowbray dowie etc[/quote]

Has McCarthy managed in the Premiership ?  I can''t remember.  But I don''t think he has.

[/quote]

McCarthy managed Sunderland winning them promotion and the follwoing season achieved something no other manager has........the lowest total poinits for a Premership season (Derby could change that this season though) 

[quote user="we8wba"]

let me clear it up

thank you for listening

[/quote]Let''s get this right. This is a message board run by a Norwich paper for supporters of Norwich City Football Club and we have a Wolves fan putting his point of view regarding the Norwich City manager.

He starts a thread with a STATEMENT and then tells us he doesn''t want us to reply or voice our opinions (in other words, he''s right so there''s no point in arguing).

YEH. RIGHT.

Sorry we8wba but what credibility you had has GONE !! 

Just like that .

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Looking just at results, Roeder''s had two relegations.  But he''s also had two 7th place finishes in the Premier League and a place in the Uefa Cup last 16, which is better than any of the managers you''ve named.  So he has probably had more success than any other manager in the Championship.  Pardew at Charlton arguably has a comparable record, but I''d argue that Roeder has managed at a higher level than most, if not all in the Championship.  Dowie has had one season in the Premier League which ended in relegation, Mowbray hasn''t got there yet.  Has McCarthy managed in the Premiership ?  I can''t remember.  But I don''t think he has.

[/quote]

IMO roeder has proved himself to be a short term success at all his clubs.  He took over a decent West Ham side, took them to 7th then got them relegated.  At Newcastle he instigated a dramatic turnaround after the appalling Souness left but second season they apparantly just got worse and worse. Longer term he has two relegations and a load of sackings behind him.  I''m sure he will be looking to prove the doubters wrong at Norwich.

As for best manager in this league, I wouldn''t go shouting that from the rooftops whilst we are sitting in the bottom 3.  Earlier this season people were shouting about Marshall being best goalie in this league, again a bit premature as every corner that goes intro our box proves.

As for Pardew, his record is littered with promotions, play-offs, staying up and a cup final to boot.

boing boing we8...

Super Kevs going to take the baggies up.... must hurt being 2nd best and under achieving for nearly 30 years to a side which 15 years ago was consistantly finishing below you in the league and yet have now been in the top flight more recently (and longer) than u have in the past oooh.. what... 25 years?

small time team.

jas :)

One person went overboard in saying that Roeder is the best manager in the division.

You are now ''making a living'' off this by arguing with all and sundry about it, all over the place on several posts on this board.

Sad.

Maybe you should just stay in Wolverhampton and continue to mutate, because you''re surely wearing out any welcome you had over here.

OTBC

[quote user="we8wba"]

let me clear it up

thank you for listening

[/quote]

So remind me again, how many promotions has Mowbray achieved? They may be flying atm but didnt another west mids club famously capitulate at the tail end of the season and get knocked out the play offs by the mighty yellas?ON top of that, how many of the aforementioned (Dowie, Mowbray, Mccarthy) have actually steered two crisis hit clubs to seventh in the premier league?Dont get me wrong, i have no axe to grind with you we8wba, but this is a stupid post.

[quote user="we8wba"]

and his spell newcastle went pearshaped

[/quote]

Well I might aswell chip in my views aswell.

I dont think you can hold his Newcastle experience against him or use that to claim that he isnt as good a manager as some of the others you mentioned.  

Sam Allardyce?  We would all want this guy as our manager, but look at him at Newcastle.......I''d say that club ruins managers reputations rather then the other way around.

Thank you for reading.

Hey,get off we8wba''s back hes a nice lad and his posts never upset anyone do they.Keep posting we8wba we all love you!

Just thought i would say this before everyone else

[quote user="baldyboy"]id rather have roeder than mccarthy any day, at least we play football under roeder!![/quote]

I havnt said anywhere i would rather have any of those manager, i mentioned pulis, good manager but boring football no thanks

on the idiot on wba, you do know they are without kev, kiely, miller, greening, morrison, barnett, hoefkins, cesar at the moment? they arnt troubling anyone, at end of day you comparing teams in our away we would have to look up to villa not wba!

just leave this n other threads to burn out now

A successful manager needs three things to be in place to be a success:

Ability, now Roeder has shown that he can take struggling sides and move them on;

Desire, GR is clearly showing that and clearly showed it by getting straight on the blower when Grant moved on;

Opportunity, whether by luck, judgement or the support of a good board (????). Now the question is whether Roeder ever really got a fair crack of the whip at either WHU or Newcastle. Whether it was DiCanio throwing his toys out the pram or Newcastle''s "vicious" ( (c) Joey Barton) fans it is very questionable whether he ever did. Big Sam is demonstrating that NUFC is a job with very large challenges at the moment and he is a manger that the majority of this board would recognise for his work at Bolton.

Now when BBB started these various threads, ne was talking about NCFC and Roeder being a "good fit" I think this is what he was talking about. A very happy accident indeed.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]id rather have roeder than mccarthy any day, at least we play football under roeder!![/quote]

I havnt said anywhere i would rather have any of those manager, i mentioned pulis, good manager but boring football no thanks

on the idiot on wba, you do know they are without kev, kiely, miller, greening, morrison, barnett, hoefkins, cesar at the moment? they arnt troubling anyone, at end of day you comparing teams in our away we would have to look up to villa not wba!

just leave this n other threads to burn out now

[/quote]

when was the last trophy u won again? like i said.. Small time.

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

they arnt troubling anyone, at end of day you comparing teams in our away we would have to look up to villa not wba!

[/quote]

You seem to have forgotten that West Brom are above you in the table!?  Second in the league....automatic promotion place. I''d say they''re troubling many people - and not least of all the Wolves fans. If you want to play ''Billy big b*llox'' and patronise another club by making out your team is bigger / more successful than it is, why don''t you start posting on a Kidderminster site instead?

In the same way that we have to accept that Ipsh*t are above us in the league you have to face facts that your rivals are out-performing you.....big time!

I have to agree this all situation is a bot silly I welcome the views of a Wolves fan and it is always worth hearing what other fans have to say.  That said why should we waste our time defending our manager, quite frankly we can say what we want on our message baoard and shouldn''t have to explain ourselves.  Also why do we care what other fans think about our manager.  If you like him or not it makes no difference to me.  All I would say is roeder has made am excellent start, but there is plenty of work left to do.  He will be judged at the end of the season.

I still have a little bit of respect for you we8wba.

Roeder is probably in the top 10 managers in the league in my opinion and he is better than McCarthy.

I think the person who said he was the best in the league was joking, drunk or said it after a recent victory.

i like the current debate,

dont agree with mccarthy comments, he took a sunderland side up with little money signing the likes of elliot, lawerence, whitehead, miller etc...

last year he came to molineux 7days before pre season and he had 7players who ever played 1st team football, and he took us to the playoffs with what 1m worth of money

so seriosuly how can you knock him? he is not prem class i admit, but in this league mick has the knowledge n eye for player i.e kightly 50k now worth 3m easy

jas - last trophey was playoff final yes 1yr before you won league

stevo - wba is our main threat locally, but to look up at then blatently villa are better than all midlands club n if we are ambitous we should aim for them, wba are good but not great they had best squad last year by mile n failed to achieve promotion, they done well to catch watford but now proving their squad isnt good enough, although there if fit 1st team are - i dont get how you say wba are out performing us they are 2pts ahead of us, and we draw away at theres thats hardly out performing us

jim kent talks sense n i shouldnt get you to justify yourselves as i am the guest!

Thanks mate.  To be fair any team that had the kind of injuries west brom have would struggle.  As pointed out nothing is won till May so lets just wait and see where everyone finishes.  Anyone I see you are now praising your manager, when before you were happy he might be leaving.  Mick is a good manager at this level and your right kightly was a great pick.  Also surely you should be looking to bettering your rivals not looking up to them and matching them.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

IMO roeder has proved himself to be a short term success at all his clubs.  He took over a decent West Ham side, took them to 7th then got them relegated.  At Newcastle he instigated a dramatic turnaround after the appalling Souness left but second season they apparantly just got worse and worse. Longer term he has two relegations and a load of sackings behind him.  I''m sure he will be looking to prove the doubters wrong at Norwich.

As for best manager in this league, I wouldn''t go shouting that from the rooftops whilst we are sitting in the bottom 3.  Earlier this season people were shouting about Marshall being best goalie in this league, again a bit premature as every corner that goes intro our box proves.

As for Pardew, his record is littered with promotions, play-offs, staying up and a cup final to boot.

[/quote]fair comment CJF - i feel roeder has to prove himself over the longer term - hopefully he''ll do it with us. 

I just wish that you would learn how to spell properly and use grammar... it looks like a young chav texting away!

finally, noone likes wolves or mccarthy (crap manager) so why dont you go away and tell someone who cares

[quote user="we8wba"]

i like the current debate,

dont agree with mccarthy comments, he took a sunderland side up with little money signing the likes of elliot, lawerence, whitehead, miller etc...

last year he came to molineux 7days before pre season and he had 7players who ever played 1st team football, and he took us to the playoffs with what 1m worth of money

so seriosuly how can you knock him? he is not prem class i admit, but in this league mick has the knowledge n eye for player i.e kightly 50k now worth 3m easy

jas - last trophey was playoff final yes 1yr before you won league

stevo - wba is our main threat locally, but to look up at then blatently villa are better than all midlands club n if we are ambitous we should aim for them, wba are good but not great they had best squad last year by mile n failed to achieve promotion, they done well to catch watford but now proving their squad isnt good enough, although there if fit 1st team are - i dont get how you say wba are out performing us they are 2pts ahead of us, and we draw away at theres thats hardly out performing us

jim kent talks sense n i shouldnt get you to justify yourselves as i am the guest!

[/quote]

No offence We8wba - but the playoff final trophy isnt a real trophy. its not like you won anything. you need to win two games to achieve it. (if you win and draw and win and lose but go thru on goal diff on the semis.) maybe we should just get a trophy made and hand it to the team for their two wins on the bounce against cov and blackpool. this is how ridiculous the playoff trophy is. I would take more pride in winning johnstones paint trophy as at least it is a real tournament, albeit with severely less financial implications!! The fact that you class this as silverware shows what a small-time team wolves are nowadays.

McCarthy took Sunderland back down with a record low of points. we were S**t in our prem season and even we did better than Sunderland did that year. On that basis, how could you want him to take you into the promised land if you were only going to have a season like that?

I suggest you check your knowledge of your own team before debating other people''s clubs. McCarthy arrived TWELVE days before start of the season (http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,2073979,00.html). He also inherited a team including one of the best keepers at this level (Matt Murray) and a few talented youngsters.

[quote user="kick it off"]

McCarthy took Sunderland back down with a record low of points. we were S**t in our prem season and even we did better than Sunderland did that year. On that basis, how could you want him to take you into the promised land if you were only going to have a season like that?

[/quote]

Now there is a question.......would anyone on here take a promotion this year on the basis of getting spanked every week in the Prem next year?

I think I just might?

Bigfish - I would not want to go up with the current squad, we are not ready yet! (to quote the beer advert!)

I think give Roeder some time for a proper clearout and in 18months time we could be prepared for the prem, hopefully having achieved promotion next season!