Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

some problems at webdesk HQ!

We''ve had problems with our internet connection from our Norwich HQ this afternoon (i.e. it broke), meaning a delay in moderation. I''ve just caught up with a few from this afternoon from home. Pat is back in the office, but service could be patchy for a few more hours.

I''ll get Smudger and Cluck to organise a protest straight away.

I''m thoroughly disappointed with the way the pink un messageboard staff are handling our current situation here. If the posters don''t stand up and be counted then it''ll only be those prepared to watch this once wonderful forum crumble around them who are to blame for our predicament. It''ll be too late once we''re relegated to the WOTB messageboard and placed into administration by those who are supposed to be keeping this very place alive. Don''t say I didn''t tell you so.

I shall continue to point the finger and mock those who dare to see it any other way.

The point is, it has taken years of poor decision making and prudence without ambition to let the internet connection fall apart like this. There is no quick fix, we are all doomed to mediocrity and dial-ups.[:@]

This is totally outrageous.  This cannot be down to circumstances but must be down to mismanagement.  I demand that everyone at Archant is sacked and if it does not happen I will lead a campaign to rid Norfolk of this evil. 

Anyone interested meet at the Murderers next Tuesday, although I may not be able to make it as I may have to trim my pubic hair that night....

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We''ve had problems with our internet connection from our Norwich HQ this afternoon (i.e. it broke), meaning a delay in moderation. I''ve just caught up with a few from this afternoon from home. Pat is back in the office, but service could be patchy for a few more hours.
[/quote]

The problem was at a third party supplier..Everyone on the webdesk is highly trained and knew exactly how to celebrate when we couldn''t get on with web work (erm, get on with other work), but tonight it appears that the linesman has put his flag up signalling we have to return to the centre-circuit in the morning.

Well thats not good enough, Vince. I hope the Pink Un staff and Archant hang their heads in shame for dragging this once mighty forum to its knees whilst fobbing its users off with spin about the internet being down. Its unbelieveable that you expect perfect fans like myself to swallow you inadequate excuses. Well you may have fooled the rest of the sheep into falling for your lies but I''m way too much of a patronising little smart-a*se to be sucked into the spin machine that is Archant.

Rest assured I shall be here in the near future to mock and point the finger in my usually patronising and egotistical way.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]The problem was at a third party supplier..Everyone on the webdesk is highly trained and knew exactly how to celebrate when we couldn''t get on with web work (erm, get on with other work), but tonight it appears that the linesman has put his flag up signalling we have to return to the centre-circuit in the morning.[/quote]How many supplied parties do you need, one is normally enough!  The poor old players at Carra have had to cancel theirs!

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]The problem was at a third party supplier..

[/quote]

That''s it, try to shift the blame onto everyone else with spin and deceit. I''m only complaining because I love the once great Archant, and any of the flock on this board who don''t complain clearly don''t care deeply enough. hehe!

Everyone on the webdesk is highly trained and knew exactly how to celebrate when we couldn''t get on with web work (erm, get on with other work), but tonight it appears that the linesman has put his flag up signalling we have to return to the centre-circuit in the morning.
[/quote]

And that''s exactly why we don''t want any outsiders involved, isn''t it? We''re open to offers of outside salvation, but no one out there could possibly be good enough for us.

Everyone on the webdesk is highly trained and knew exactly how to celebrate when we couldn''t get on with web work (erm, get on with other work), but tonight it appears that the linesman has put his flag up signalling we have to return to the centre-circuit in the morning.
[/quote] Sound just like the Doc explaining to the press how we lost again but how it''s going to be better next week.  Roll on the Jan transfer window so we can sign some new web team ( we''ll see then if Archant are ambitious).   [:D]

Far too much off desk investment........in the pub!!!!!!!!!

FOOTBALL + DESK  MUST COME FIRST

cant fault the web team for their efforts today, they''re passion commitment and work rate has been second to none, knowhatimean!

jas :)

It''s been down again this morning and is now up and running - but how many more warnings of impending disaster does this board need?

It keeps going wrong but no one is listening to the masses.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

It keeps going wrong but no one is listening to the masses.

[/quote]

What does that actually mean !?
[/quote]

Some people never learn from their mistakes . . .

[quote]Some people never learn from their mistakes . . .[/quote]I think this is a well manned and moderated messageboard meself, that manages to be up most of the time despite the limitations of the software it''s run on, but it''d be boring if everyone agreed...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Some people never learn from their mistakes . . .[/quote]

I think this is a well manned and moderated messageboard meself, that manages to be up most of the time despite the limitations of the software it''s run on, but it''d be boring if everyone agreed...
[/quote]

when did this thread stop being tongue in cheek?[8-)]

[quote user="Len Greenrod"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Some people never learn from their mistakes . . .[/quote]

I think this is a well manned and moderated messageboard meself, that manages to be up most of the time despite the limitations of the software it''s run on, but it''d be boring if everyone agreed...
[/quote]

when did this thread stop being tongue in cheek?[8-)]

[/quote]

Not sure. I thought I was playing along with the joke but B3 seems to have taken me a little too seriously. Maybe it''s my fault - perhaps I''m just not very funny.