Sign in to follow this  
The Godfather

Current Squad For Promotion

I don''t think we will get promoted this season because we are to far behind but you never know.

I also think that the squad simply isn''t strong enough to challenge for promotion.  A couple of injuries and suspensions and we wouldn''t be looking so good.  Also next year Dion will have retired and Hucks will definatly be even more past his best.

We need to strengthen the squad in January and you never know with a very good run we might make the playoffs but probably not.  We will then need to strengthen in the summer and then we have a chance next season.

depends on how much money we have to spend and how good are scouts are, if we can uncover some gems and get some quality on the cheap then you never know. this division is so tight that anything can turn it on its head so you never know. the board must know though that if Glenn doesnt get money then their heads are on the list.

im not saying its impossible but you look current teams near the top wolves, west brom, charlton, watford, bristol c, sheff utd all in with major shouts this year, only 3 can go up out of those max, all of those will keep there players next year and improve on there squad except maybe sheffield utd who would prob lose beattie. all those teams have investment or parchute money and are willing to spend it

norwich team at moment are indeed picking good results but your form is only around 7-12 position i think, you have to be consistent over 46games also

i cant see norwich team getting in currently with the squad, but roeder keeps going and gets serious backing then you could push next year, but your current crop is only midtable, top half standard at best currently.

also look at your squad and think of players you could generally fetch more than 600k for, this should give you indication

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Nigel Worthington''s appalling post relegation side won 5 out of 5 during a month long period.  So lets not be getting overexcited too soon.[/quote]

Damn! I''d quite forgot that!.[:(]

No - the squad is not good enough and not large enough, and we lack outstanding players who can turn a match by individual skill.We need to acquire another five players of good championship level and one or two who are borderline and actual premiership quality. When you take away our current loan players, the rest collectively don''t add up to much, and even if we retain most of the loan players, say Pattison, Taylor, Cammara, we are still not good enough.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Nigel Worthington''s appalling post relegation side won 5 out of 5 during a month long period.  So lets not be getting overexcited too soon.[/quote]

Damn! I''d quite forgot that!.[:(]

[/quote]

Miserable so and so, CJF.[:(]

Whats the point of being a footy fan if you can''t get excited now and then (or has it been too long that you can''t remember[;)]. Palace came from no where in the year we got promoted as we did way back in ''86. It can be done [:O]. Alright it is a big ask and another 10 points could help but we have two winnable away games before Crimbo.

If win them both there will be a number of very excited posters on here.

(If we lose both smudger might be back, of course!)

[quote user="we8wba"]

... but you look current teams near the top wolves, west brom, charlton, watford, bristol c, sheff utd all in with major shouts this year, only 3 can go up ... all of those will keep there players next year and improve on there squad 

norwich team at moment are indeed picking good results but your form is only around 7-12 position i think, you have to be consistent over 46games also

[/quote]

Well we8wba, firstly you are forgetting one of the golden unwritten rules of the Championship - there can only be three decent teams in any one season and usually the one that doesn''t get an automatic promotion spot usually blows up spectacularly (go on you must remember the year we beat you in the play-offs[<:o)]). This year that 3 looks like Watford, Charlton & West Brom.

Now on current form your beloved Wolves are looking at scraping into 6th place with 72/73 points. Now our current form (12 points/5 games) would give NCFC 81 points and your play off position thank you very much. Indeed we can let our form drop to 9 points every 5 games and we would still pip you.

Now every team from from 7 to 16th are probably doing the same calculations because they know any team in the division are in the Championship (including your picks of Sheff U, Wolves, Bristol C etc) for a reason and that reason is they arn''t really very good. Because you don''t stay in the Championship very long if you are Premiership class.

Now going back to next year as we have seen any of the relegated clubs that don''t go up are going to need the shed players and are likely to be weaker next year than this. Bristol City are having their season in the sun and if they don''t get out of the division this year are likely to fall away. Wolves will frighten no one (I assuming they are not going anywhere this year - not good enough) & two of the top three (at least will be gone). On the otherhand we gain two decent Prem clubs (& Derby) with Coventry & QPR (if they can spend enouth to "do a Roeder") will have billionaire owners. Plus my money would be on Leeds to go straight through. So this year might be a good year to go up!!

big fish is correct, obviously the supposedly best teams dont go up or reach playoffs/promotion i.e look barnsley, watford, derby, pne

on playoffs this year no chance, i know the current form doesnt lie, but then again i could say wolves only lost three out the last fourteen games which would of been one from twelve this time last week. you may indeed catch a team like wolves, bristol up but you wont finish about 18other teams i can promise you.

as to my wolves, they are rubbish and wont stay in top 6 currently, but then again we have more money in jan and plenty occording to the reports so i should think we will secure top 6 in the end although they wont go up

next year remember on paper wba, charlton, wolves, sheffutd, bristol c,watford are all better than you and so will the 3teams coming down i should think

so on paper you should be around 9-14 at the moment unless you invest, but as i said on paper means nout in football nowdays

[quote user="we8wba"]

im not saying its impossible but you look current teams near the top wolves, west brom, charlton, watford, bristol c, sheff utd

[/quote]sheff untd arnt near the top, and were only 12 pionts away, thts 4 wins

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="we8wba"]

im not saying its impossible but you look current teams near the top wolves, west brom, charlton, watford, bristol c, sheff utd

[/quote]

sheff untd arnt near the top, and were only 12 pionts away, thts 4 wins
[/quote]

true, but if you look at their squad they probably have the best squad for this league in depth and quality, i will still expect them to reach the playoffs