Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Season Ticket Prices for 2008-2009

We are often being referred to by the Club as their ''13th player'', ''best supporters in the world'' etc etc.  Given the level of support that the fans continue to give (whatever the standard of play on the pitch) isn''t it about time that the Board decided to reward this loyalty with a freeze on season ticket prices for next season.  After all, they''ve admitted that they''ve made mistakes in the past so wouldn''t it be a great gesture to do this just for one season?

survivial or relegation will see prices Hiked up.

reckon they will say "we have to offset the loss of not being in the championship anymore" if we went down.. and would give it the usual "premiership he were come!" crap if we look like surviving come renewal day.

jas :)

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

If we''re the 13th player, then who''s the 12th [;)].

I agree with the rest of your post though.

[/quote]

Oops, must have been sipping a bit too much of the Man City half-time lunatic juice!

With sell out crowds and the desire to recruit a better calibre of player shouldn''t the Club present their supporters with a real price hike?

How much more would you be prepared to pay?

I would rather pay 20% more if it was invested in the team and meant putting out a good side - not a freeze and more mediocrity.

Take a gamble Board and make the fans put their money where their mouths are.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

With sell out crowds and the desire to recruit a better calibre of player shouldn''t the Club present their supporters with a real price hike?

I would rather pay 20% more if it was invested in the team and meant putting out a good side - not a freeze and more mediocrity.

Take a gamble Board and make the fans put their money where their mouths are.[/quote]

Funnily enough Rude ol'' boy, I would be more than happy to pay extra if success/better football/meatier pies etc could be guaranteed.  Unfortunately this is not a given outcome even if more money is ploughed into the team.  Also many people out there struggle as it is to pay the £350+ every year and I am sure a big hike would disenchant a significant number of people thereby defeating the object of a price rise and also producing smaller attendances and a drop in the match day atmosphere.  Also if the Season Ticket prices were upped then a consequent casual price rise would be inevitable putting off even more punters.

Take a gamble Board and make the fans put their money where their mouths are.

[/quote]Good call, if each season ticket holder paid another hundred pounds that would be an additional 2 million quid in revenue, as long as that money was ALL spent on players I wouldn''t have a problem with that. Some people would probably struggle to afford another hundred pounds so it would be a bit harsh on them though.

This one can be looked at so many way. If we are relegated and paid for the standard of football we watched the season ticket price should drop but then what is the average season ticket price in League 1? If we stay up and NCPLC wanted to put the price up by 20% saying it would help the push for promotion to the Premiership would you want to pay it, but when you look at clubs history over the past 10 years knowing that a large part of the increase would be in invested off pitch?

I personally think little will change, prices will go up by inflation. It looks like Roeder can keep us up now so mid table Championship until the millions roll in from the massive off the pitch investments then the sky''s the limit...........or so I''ve been told

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Take a gamble Board and make the fans put their money where their mouths are.[/quote]

Rudolph,

I agree, people are always moaning that we don''t invest enough in players, but are not will to pay a bit more to help to make more funds avalable to buy these players.

People can''t have to both ways!!!!!

Great idea. let''s hike up the prices to make it less affordable for those on lower incomes and those with family groups.

And of course, we know it will all be invested in the playing squad too.......just like the receipts from player sales....

Very gallant of you to offer to pay 20% more. Perhaps you''d like to make an ex-gratia donation  instead of assuming that others share your affluence (or should i say effluence).

Norwich may have a full house but it is often comprised of reletively low priced tickets.

Of course there have to be concessions, especially for youngsters, family groups (beginning with one child/one adult) and those over 70 but in the main your average punter can pay more. Just look at the amount of cash bet at each game, those extra pounds are clearly available.

Take Arsenal, the bulk of the income is from a  small proportion of the crowd, alright the facilities are better than we have but all things are reletive.

Keep the family and under 16 tickets; have concessions for 70+ but put the rest up 20%. This might see a reduction in season ticket numbers which will be offset by more opportunity for casual fans but will result in greater income.

You cannot have a cheap seat and a top team and I also want to see our debt reduced.

I will not make unsolicited donations to NCFC but I will pay for a product.

I feel if they hike the prices up too much they will lose a few fans, those with mortgages, growing families etc.  It''s ok for those who are lucky enough to have the money spare, but these days that is very rare indeed.  If the money from season tickets went to funding new players alone then I am sure a small rise in prices (and I mean small) wouldn''t be too bad and would be supported by a lot of fans.

However, can the board really justify a rise to the fans with what they have done over the past season?  In my opinion no, and for me and my better half to accept that we would have to have a guarantee of ambition and not prudence, prudence is why the club we love is in such a mess.

Norwich may have a full house but it is often comprised of reletively low priced tickets.

Of course there have to be concessions, especially for youngsters, family groups (beginning with one child/one adult) and those over 70 but in the main your average punter can pay more. Just look at the amount of cash bet at each game, those extra pounds are clearly available.

Take Arsenal, the bulk of the income is from a  small proportion of the crowd, alright the facilities are better than we have but all things are reletive.

Keep the family and under 16 tickets; have concessions for 70+ but put the rest up 20%. This might see a reduction in season ticket numbers which will be offset by more opportunity for casual fans but will result in greater income.

You cannot have a cheap seat and a top team and I also want to see our debt reduced.

I will not make unsolicited donations to NCFC but I will pay for a product.

[/quote]

One thing the board can`t be criticised for is pricing/ticketing policies. I`ve always maintained that the club have always had a big latent support waiting to be tapped into, but kids for a quid, staged payments and good concessions have greatly helped in encouraging people to the ground.

I don`t think enough people have faith that an extra 20% will really be spent on the team, so i think they should stick with an approach which has worked well so far.

I''ll pay a few quid extra for my season ticket.....If Mr Doncaster takes a 50 grand pay cut, the squad pay into a ''lose de-bonus'' scheme when we get beaten (and donate it to a local charity). And if those who use the corporate facilities and eat in the plush restaurants in the stadium - pay double for their scoff and booze.

If I''m being spanked in my pocket for those facilities that I''ve contributed to but don''t actually use, so those who do.......should pay more.

Seems fair to me. 

well with my ticket my grandad is going from paying under £80 for under 16 to however much it is for an adult ticket, which seems very unfair

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Maybe he''s getting confused with the fact that a lot of other clubs have the No.13 slot in their team sheet dedicated to the fans because no player wants to wear it?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Maybe he''s getting confused with the fact that a lot of other clubs have the No.13 slot in their team sheet dedicated to the fans because no player wants to wear it?

[/quote]

Actually my old fowl friend, I''m sure it must have been something I drank.  In fact,  if I could have all the money I''d spent on drink....I''d spend it on drink!

Tally Ho and a Merry Yuletide to One and All (hic)!