Sign in to follow this  
ShrewsCanary

Full credit to Glenn, his staff and the players

Nuff said, but bloody hell how good does it feel!

Well done Glenn, onwards and upwards, lets not look back.

It might not be pretty (heard all the moaners on tuesday night) but compared to a horrible day at wolves (I was there!) this is a joy of joys

Remember where we came from guys no matter how ugly you may think it is

We played some of the best football today for many a year, the last 20 minutes were a bit ugly but overall a very watchable game played in horrible conditions.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="T07"]........and the board.
[/quote]

You are Doncaster im sure of it........who got us in this bloody mess in the first place hey???

[/quote]

Oh Arrthur you are so full of hate. You need to change your slogan now we wre off the bottom. Onwards and Upwards Arthur

[/quote]

You are Doncaster im sure of it........who got us in this bloody mess in the first place hey???

[/quote]

He has to be Doomcaster in disguise, the Norwich board has consistently let down the club and it''s supporters over the years because, unlike us,  they care more about £££££££''s , than football. The only exception to this was the purchase of Huckerby, and I think that had a lot more to do with Worthington''s influencing skills than perhaps he was given credit for. What it illustrates is that if you show a bit of ambition then it is often rewarded. A lot of us will be looking very closely at what happens in January, because past experience shows that, a couple of more wins and  the board will leave Roeder high and dry as they will believe we are safely on course for 17th or 18th and they, unlike us, will be quite happy with that.

and who is getting us out of it? If it is reasonable to criticise the board for mistakes then it is only reasonable by the same token to give them credit for appointing Roeder, an appointment for which the majority of us on here were not that excited about to say the least. Likewise whilst Roeder, got the loans in, the directors have made the funds available. Still a very long way to go but any balanced and objective view should cut both ways.

[quote user="T"]and who is getting us out of it? If it is reasonable to criticise the board for mistakes then it is only reasonable by the same token to give them credit for appointing Roeder, an appointment for which the majority of us on here were not that excited about to say the least. Likewise whilst Roeder, got the loans in, the directors have made the funds available. Still a very long way to go but any balanced and objective view should cut both ways.[/quote]

Oops! Are you Mr Ferrari, then?

[quote user="T07"]........and the board.[/quote]Change the record, will you?Credit them for sacking Grant and Duffy.  Debit them for signing them up in the first place.  Credit them for sanctioning loan signings, debit them for somehow having our transfer kitty evaporated such that we''re dealing in loans, not transfers.  If they give Roeder money in January to strengthen the squad, and I mean serious money, not £250k here and there, fair enough.  But you board apologists seem to conveniently ignore their poor track record in picking managers, and then financing managers.

[quote user="ShrewsCanary"]Nuff said, but bloody hell how good does it feel!

Well done Glenn, onwards and upwards, lets not look back.

It might not be pretty (heard all the moaners on tuesday night) but compared to a horrible day at wolves (I was there!) this is a joy of joys

Remember where we came from guys no matter how ugly you may think it is[/quote]i admit i thought the game would be rubbish yesterday, given the weather conditions, and player tiredness - but i''m happy to say i was proved wrong in the best possible way.  I thoroughly enjoyed this pulsating, absorbing match - and although i didn''t enjoy clinging on at the end, at least it shows the boys are up for a fight and are playing with spirit until the final whistle.  at last, a city display that makes my season ticket appear worthwhile.  so yeah, congrats to glen and his staff, and all the city players - just more of the same please - OTBC.

What is happening to our club? The turnaround in every aspect is nothing short of miraculous....a few more wins and it''s almost Roy of the Rovers! Could it be? Nah, Hollywood doesn''t come to Norfolk often.

The board have finally managed to secure us a manager who will not only save us from relegation (the main aim of course) but one who will turn us back into a football club in the long term. We can only hope they can back Glenn and secure permenant signings for us in January and in the summer so the team can be built into one capable of taking us back to the Premiership.

In just over a month he has performed minor miracles, got the players confidence back, got them passing the ball and crucially important wanting to receive the ball. His loan players are all excellent. He quickly appointed his staff who are all contributing to what we saw yesterday. IMO one of the best games I have seen at CR. I can''t remember when I enjoyed a match more. That includes most of the playoff and promotion season too, this was great football, the first half especially.

So yes, thanks Glenn Roeder, your staff and all the players. Great start to your managerial career at Norwich City FC Glenn - it''s obvious you love football and are enjoying your job here. Here''s to the future, it''s looking brighter all the time.

The Board are responsible for getting us into this mess as they ultimately responsible for appointing the manager and the allocation of funds. However, the manager, players and fans also play an important part. So far I think we all agree Roeder is looking a far better appointment than we expected and it looks as if the Board made a good decision this time. If fans hold the board responsible for mistakes then it makes sense that they get credit when they make a good decision. As to money, it does not magically appear from somewhere, but they have made money available for loans and I suspect Roeder will give them confidence to make as much money available as the banking agreements allow. Given the money the directors have put into the club they have a bigger invested interest than anyone to get it right. They have undoubtedly made mistakes, but they are admit that and it appears they are looking to correct then which is all anyone can do in life. At the moment I am just enjoying us winning and competing again. It certainly has not been dull so far this season anyway.

What are you on about, lets have a look at some of the facts and figures, Huckerby 750kSvensson 750k if i remember rightlyMckenzie 200k??Jonsson 500kAshton 3mDoherty 1m Charlton i can''t remember how muchDavid Marshall 1m Lappin and fotheringham i think was about 200k in totalEarnshaw 3.5mRussel 500kCureton 750kAnd thats to name but a few of the signings in the last 5 years, oh and at one point we were commanding the highest wages budget in the league, oh and we have a nice new lovely stand, so how haven''t the board put there money where there mouth is? those players above have totalled just over 12million pounds between them, i`m sure you''ll be hard pushed to find other championship clubs that have spent more than that. You lot are muppets why can''t you understand that we don''t have a lot of money, but at least we are stable unlike a lot of other clubs, do you really want us to "Show ambition" and spend 10 million on players who then might not even get us up, and then Norwich city Football club goes into administration??? you want us to do a Leeds?

I refuse ''point blank'' to give any praise to our current board and the present Chief Exec. I don''t give a snail''s trail either, whether folk think we should applaud or hold them with great esteem for bringing in Roeder. "Priority on the Pitch" should be the next motto........  

But mucho credit to Glenn and Lee and Co - and the positive attitude and performances of the playing squad.

........who got us in this bloody mess in the first place hey???

[/quote]What mess? You mean league position (in which case its Worthington, Grant and the players) or some ficticious fiscal predicament? You think we''d have been better off with the Wolves board? Luton''s? Ipswich?  Again and again you point fingers without any substance whatsoever.If the board walks tomorrow you think we''ll have a club? Who do you propose will take over Arthur? You never answer questions, just throw mud.

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

What mess? You mean league position (in which case its Worthington, Grant and the players) or some ficticious fiscal predicament? You think we''d have been better off with the Wolves board? Luton''s? Ipswich?  Again and again you point fingers without any substance whatsoever.

If the board walks tomorrow you think we''ll have a club? Who do you propose will take over Arthur? You never answer questions, just throw mud.
[/quote]

I trust that Turner''s reading this pathetic drivel, and taking note.

The next stage of the revolution will soon unfold, and I''m told that spin will be out. So watch out for that mid-stump bouncer.

OTBC

[/quote]

You mean ............and Andrew Turner.

Roeder was appointed at his insistence.

And you know it.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

You mean ............and Andrew Turner.

Roeder was appointed at his insistence.

And you know it.

OTBC

[/quote]

You have evidence for this? Or is it just your opinion.

[quote user="ellis206"]What are you on about, lets have a look at some of the facts and figures,
Huckerby 750k
Svensson 750k if i remember rightly
Mckenzie 200k??
Jonsson 500k
Ashton 3m
Doherty 1m
Charlton i can''t remember how much
David Marshall 1m
Lappin and fotheringham i think was about 200k in total
Earnshaw 3.5m
Russel 500k
Cureton 750k
And thats to name but a few of the signings in the last 5 years, oh and at one point we were commanding the highest wages budget in the league, oh and we have a nice new lovely stand, so how haven''t the board put there money where there mouth is? those players above have totalled just over 12million pounds between them, i`m sure you''ll be hard pushed to find other championship clubs that have spent more than that. You lot are muppets why can''t you understand that we don''t have a lot of money, but at least we are stable unlike a lot of other clubs, do you really want us to "Show ambition" and spend 10 million on players who then might not even get us up, and then Norwich city Football club goes into administration??? you want us to do a Leeds?
[/quote]

Ashton 7.5 million to west ham

Earnshaw 3.5 million to Derby

Im sure its not been lost on you that two players have been sold for 12 million....the whole budget for the ones you list! I''ll agree we needed a new stand but if you''re going to praise the board for such things a certain Mr Chase can be thanked for a couple of nice stands and a training ground.

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

What mess? You mean league position (in which case its Worthington, Grant and the players) or some ficticious fiscal predicament? You think we''d have been better off with the Wolves board? Luton''s? Ipswich?  Again and again you point fingers without any substance whatsoever.

If the board walks tomorrow you think we''ll have a club? Who do you propose will take over Arthur? You never answer questions, just throw mud.
[/quote]

Its all  hypothetical...Whats to say the Wolves or Luton board couldn''t do a beer job? If this board walked tomorrow its almost 100% certain this club would still be here. A couple of good results doesn''t change the fact that this club has had a massive drop in fortunes since the Prem league and its all been down to lack of ambition and finger crossing from the board. Its so far paid off under Roeder but we will see if the board have realised they need investment come January. This is there last chance in most peoples eyes. Money is there and not to allow Roeder a large slice of it could be crucial in the long term health of our club. Third tier football would be more likely to kill this club than our cuddly board taking a hike. I don''t just throw mud, i think the stats do that for me. As for who would take over the club? Well I''m pretty sure we''re more attractive than those lot down the road but hey they''ve managed to interest two very rich people. Derby can do it, they attracted 5 investors in one go and look what happened that season, just a hunch but it seems to me that attracting investment isn''t as hard as certain people would like us to think.

It''s funny how this thread has digressed from one which is wholehearted in its praise of Glenn and his staff, to an argument as to the merits of the current board, and other boards. Anyway, back on track - well done indeed to Glenn, his staff and the players. Let''s hope they can keep up the good work!

Its all  hypothetical...Whats to say the Wolves or Luton board couldn''t do a beer job? If this board walked tomorrow its almost 100% certain this club would still be here. A couple of good results doesn''t change the fact that this club has had a massive drop in fortunes since the Prem league and its all been down to lack of ambition and finger crossing from the board. Its so far paid off under Roeder but we will see if the board have realised they need investment come January. This is there last chance in most peoples eyes. Money is there and not to allow Roeder a large slice of it could be crucial in the long term health of our club. Third tier football would be more likely to kill this club than our cuddly board taking a hike. I don''t just throw mud, i think the stats do that for me. As for who would take over the club? Well I''m pretty sure we''re more attractive than those lot down the road but hey they''ve managed to interest two very rich people. Derby can do it, they attracted 5 investors in one go and look what happened that season, just a hunch but it seems to me that attracting investment isn''t as hard as certain people would like us to think.

[/quote]

Please, please tell me how this board - ANY board - "takes a hike". Also, bear in mind the fact that many potential investors in football cluibs don''t give a flying fart for the club per se (although I suppose you would say that about Delia & co.;  I  & others would not agree).

And where were Norwich when the preseht board took over? I think that''s a fair comparison, don''t you ?- especially since the money in/ money out pretty well balances. Yes, it''s annoying that promotion wasn''t sustained, but this is typical of many other clubs.

It''s becoming increasingly obvious to me that the choice of manager is the crucial factor:

good manager + loadsa money = success

good manager + no money = mediocrity

poor manager + loadsa money = failure

poor manager + no money = goodbye

Just being Devil''s Advocate here, but how do we KNOW what funds are available for GR (and PG previously??). Taylor looks as though he may be available to sign, we know GR is going to talk to him this week and he wouldnt be doing that if there was nothing in the kitty. Come January, we will have a clearer picture about this. Ok, the "prudence" thing stuck in the throat a bit, especially at a time when things were decidedly shaky, but actually that is business - no-one can assume inverstors will be queueing up to put their money in.

Up until that fateful day against Fulham, we had experienced a few decent years (getting to play-off at Cardiff, then promotion as champions) and the board was never really under scrutiny. For me their failing was keeping Worthy too long and appointing PG, who turned out to be a disaster - but possibly they have redeemed themselves in the GR appointment, AND allowing him to pick his back-room staff.

I was very disenchanted by the board''s perceived lack of ambition, but for me they have shown that they can be ambitious (maybe the feelings of the supporters got the nessage accross, and if they have learnt from that, then all well and good) - and if they carry on with putting their faith in GR and they do allow him some funds to build on, then let''s not disrupt the club at a time of re-surgency.

I was so upbeat after the Shef U game, and if we continue to play "football" and show the same spirit to play, then the board can do no more (and nor could any other board)....

"

What is happening to our club? The turnaround in every aspect is

nothing short of miraculous....a few more wins "What absolute rubbish. Very little has changed at the club. The fortunes of the TEAM have improved.Unfortunately this thread has allowed all the witless, cliche mouthing simpletons to come on here and spout out the usual tosh. Sadly like, deep sea fishing, the club''s success in increasing numbers at Carrow Road has dragged in all manner of dross as well.Harsh words but time and time again the accusations are proved flawed. Player who are quoted as being sold simply excercised an option in their clause. Supposed ''lack of ambition'' has seen the funds to acquire the loanees now being praised. The appointment of Roeder was met with howls of protest and the usual tired old phrases, what now then ?No genuine City fan enjoyed the first few months but nor have they enjoyed the endless ill informed bleats on here either.

[quote user="ellis206"]What are you on about, lets have a look at some of the facts and figures,
Huckerby 750k
Svensson 750k if i remember rightly
Mckenzie 200k??
Jonsson 500k
Ashton 3m
Doherty 1m
Charlton i can''t remember how much
David Marshall 1m
Lappin and fotheringham i think was about 200k in total
Earnshaw 3.5m
Russel 500k
Cureton 750k
And thats to name but a few of the signings in the last 5 years, oh and at one point we were commanding the highest wages budget in the league, oh and we have a nice new lovely stand, so how haven''t the board put there money where there mouth is? those players above have totalled just over 12million pounds between them, i`m sure you''ll be hard pushed to find other championship clubs that have spent more than that. You lot are muppets why can''t you understand that we don''t have a lot of money, but at least we are stable unlike a lot of other clubs, do you really want us to "Show ambition" and spend 10 million on players who then might not even get us up, and then Norwich city Football club goes into administration??? you want us to do a Leeds?
[/quote]

Pure ignorance. I`m getting tired of repeating myself but have a look at the amounts the club received in tv revenue and player sales over the last few years and have a little think about the share issues in which the fans paid for Hucks,Svensson,Mckenzie etc. And we`ve never even been close to having the highest wages in any league. The Leeds thing is so ridiculous it`s not even worth bothering with. Please try a little bit harder.

I do agree with T on this thread though that it has to cut both ways and of course the board deserve credit for appointing Roeder. We don`t yet know whether the board will seriously back him yet though and this probably explains why this board has been quite quiet lately-the jury`s still out. One thing is for certain is that if the board have woken up to the flawed approach of the last few years it will more down to the pressure applied by the "anti`s" than the apologists who have tried to intimidate, shout down and shut them up. They should be ashamed.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

One thing is for certain is that if the board have woken up to the flawed approach of the last few years it will more down to the pressure applied by the "anti`s" than the apologists who have tried to intimidate, shout down and shut them up. They should be ashamed.

[/quote]

Mr Carrow, time and time again you produce excellent, well reasoned arguments that I find myself nodding in agreement to only to ruin it at the end with nonsense such as this. There is no ''How To Be A True Fan'' manual out there, we''re all just muddling along and sharing our opinions with fellow fans. Please stop taking yourself so seriously, you''re just alienating people who agree with the majority of your argument.

Im sure its not been lost on you that two players have been sold for 12 million

[/quote]since when is 7.5+3.5=12 exactly?  if you are going to argue on figures, at least do it properly!(sorry everyone else but this is my pet hate of the spelling/grammar variety)

[quote user="albyella"]

Just being Devil''s Advocate here, but how do we KNOW what funds are available for GR (and PG previously??). Taylor looks as though he may be available to sign, we know GR is going to talk to him this week and he wouldnt be doing that if there was nothing in the kitty. Come January, we will have a clearer picture about this. Ok, the "prudence" thing stuck in the throat a bit, especially at a time when things were decidedly shaky, but actually that is business - no-one can assume inverstors will be queueing up to put their money in.

Up until that fateful day against Fulham, we had experienced a few decent years (getting to play-off at Cardiff, then promotion as champions) and the board was never really under scrutiny. For me their failing was keeping Worthy too long and appointing PG, who turned out to be a disaster - but possibly they have redeemed themselves in the GR appointment, AND allowing him to pick his back-room staff.

I was very disenchanted by the board''s perceived lack of ambition, but for me they have shown that they can be ambitious (maybe the feelings of the supporters got the nessage accross, and if they have learnt from that, then all well and good) - and if they carry on with putting their faith in GR and they do allow him some funds to build on, then let''s not disrupt the club at a time of re-surgency.

I was so upbeat after the Shef U game, and if we continue to play "football" and show the same spirit to play, then the board can do no more (and nor could any other board)....

[/quote]

I agree 100% with everything you have said Albyella.

No doubt there will be attempts made by GR to bring in players during the Jan transfer window that will fall through because the player will not want to come, not because the board are unwilling to pay the price.  However, because the board cannot make such details public, they will undoubtedly have to silently endure the accusations that it was their fault.

We all know, including the board that they have made a number of mistakes, but if they provide the money in January to fully support GR, what else can they do to make amends?

If this is what transpires, then I for one would, in the interests of fairness be happy to see them stay.

I suspect I will now be accused of being a board member and it is likely I will incur the wrath of Arthur too.      

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Im sure its not been lost on you that two players have been sold for 12 million

[/quote]

since when is 7.5+3.5=12 exactly?  if you are going to argue on figures, at least do it properly!

(sorry everyone else but this is my pet hate of the spelling/grammar variety)
[/quote]

Ahh, but they live in a parallel universe ungoverned by the laws of logic, enslaved by the evil snow-witch Delilah, waiting for the sleeping lion that is Smudglan to wake from his slumbers .....     coupla defeats should do it.