Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

how bout a megaphone cheerleader at carra rd?????????

watching the marseille/liverpool match tonight, i was highly distracted by the tuneless warblings of what could only be a cheerleader with a megaphone.  despite being 3 nil down, the marseille crowd with cheerleader and drummers, were still putting out a barrage of support that would be the envy of the barclay.  obviously a good ole naaarrfolk boy would have more sense than belt out an imitation of a demented camel, but how bout it????

Tuneless warblings of what could only be a cheerleader with a megaphone?

Norwich City v Man City saw exactly that in the Premiership season. No thank you, not again.

and the result of all that cheerleading  !

" belt out an imitation of a demented camel "No, I couldn''t say bless her, she meant well

No. The one who starts every match with people paying to start OTBC is cringeworthy enough. WE can create our own atmosphere, don''t need encouragement from some cheerleader, leave that in America (or Reading, if any of you have ever been lucky enough to see what cheerleaders do at football matches).

[quote]May be Delia could wake up the occupants of the G.W. (City) stand?[/quote]I suspect that the sheer number of crash trolleys that would have to be involved in acheiving such a thing might cause a black-out all over Norfolk. 

Its not a megaphone, they set up a full PA system every match, its run by the fans, and the head honchos organise chants through it, its deafeningly loud, but the crowd goes mad, ive been to 4 marseille matches before, its the same at PSG and many other french and indeed european matches. It creates the best atmosphere ive ever experienced, and when someone score everyone links arms and jumps up and down the rows, so the stadiums litteraly rock!

[quote user="breaker2"]Its not a megaphone, they set up a full PA system every match, its run by the fans, and the head honchos organise chants through it, its deafeningly loud, but the crowd goes mad, ive been to 4 marseille matches before, its the same at PSG and many other french and indeed european matches. It creates the best atmosphere ive ever experienced, and when someone score everyone links arms and jumps up and down the rows, so the stadiums litteraly rock![/quote]Agreed - We were in Milan the Sunday before the Inter match back in 93 and got tickets from a tout for AC Milan v Torino.  Tickets were only a tenner and were up in the top tier.  The game was like watching Subbuteo but there was a bloke there with a megaphone on the bottom row of the tier with his back to the game, just singing the first line of a song into a megaphone.  The rest of the end of the ground carried it on.  Works a treat with some decent songs (ie OTBC) but not most of the neanderthal grunts that go on at Carrow Road.

watching the 20/20 cricket on sky yesterday they dunked a fan every time a 6 was hit, perhaps Delia (or a fan ) could be dropped into a pool in front of the hotel, evrerytime we score!

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

May be Delia could wake up the occupants of the G.W. (City) stand?

[/quote]

Yeah really sorry about that...i did not think our reputation was that low!

But what do u expect...

when we score most of the supporters break their backs getting up!

Ive been to a couple of matches in Italy, and fortunately (or unfortunately) i got to go to see Roma Vs Lazio. the scariest,craziest atmosphere i have ever experienced, second to that is PSG Vs Marseille, (PSG''s to ends are polar opposites one white ultras the other mixed race etc. and each swap insults with each other throughout the match, but on these special matches save all their venom for the Marseille fans).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwxTuSp44ew