Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Loyalty Rewarded...NOT (ticket prices for Bury)

£12 for a standard seat against the mighty Bury for season ticket holders.

It seems a tad expensive, and not particulalry rewarding for the fans whove kept coming in their droves all season despite awful performances, the crowds are now regular sell outs (both xmas games are now as well). It was an opportunity i feel to get a 20,000 plus gate for an unexciting tie, but i cant see it happening now to be honest.

The FA have got their own scheme for some games where All tickets are a £1 i see, now im not expecting that but £5 or  something for season ticket holders, would have been a reward for the fans!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

£12 for a standard seat against the mighty Bury for season ticket holders.

It seems a tad expensive, and not particulalry rewarding for the fans whove kept coming in their droves all season despite awful performances, the crowds are now regular sell outs (both xmas games are now as well). It was an opportunity i feel to get a 20,000 plus gate for an unexciting tie, but i cant see it happening now to be honest.

The FA have got their own scheme for some games where All tickets are a £1 i see, now im not expecting that but £5 or  something for season ticket holders, would have been a reward for the fans!

[/quote]

I dont know what you are complaining about, how about £18 for a central seat? I get the impression the £12 seats are in the Barclay & N&P. and the £14 seats are in the Jarrold and G.W. stand.

I think you''ll find that the FA scheme is £1 for children at some selected games if accompanied by a full paying adult, whereas for the Norwich game against Bury all children under 16 are £1 irrespective if an adult ticket is bought - any guessing which is the better scheme?

5quid all tickets i would make it, whats better having 14k in the ground or 24k, just the club penny pinching like many in the league

I think revenue is shared between the two clubs in an FA Cup tie so presumably to ensure Bury come away with a reasonable return some compromise has to be made over ticket prices / expected attendance.

so, I''m a season ticket holder of a few years...

I would like to sit in my ''own'' seat for the Bury game but I would get charged the same as a casual punter just because it''s in a prime location (halfway in jarrold)

thanks  TicketTeam 

It''s incredible how some fans have to always find something to complain about. There are many factors involved in setting the prices for these games and as has been already mentioned one of them is consideration for Bury, I would imagine they have to be in agreement with any pricing decisions as the gate receipts are shared in FA Cup matches. I know it''s fashionable to find fault with everything the club do but surely everyone can recognise that this board keep ticket prices down for loyal fans and always have done.

Any excuse for a moan, my goodness. Is this really such a travesty?! Bury are probably looking at this game as a moneyspinner and will, therefore, expect decent prices on the gate. How would Luton react if they found out that L''pool were selling all the tickets for their game at a fiver, thereby cutting down on a share of the money they are expecting for their lucrative cup tie.

Cue loads of preposterous statements about the evil Queen Deliar lining her pockets - etc etc etc.

And, no, I am not board-worshipping - I think they have a lot to bloody answer for but I think that this is nit picking.

And, yes, I know most of Luton''s cash from this game will be from TV money but I think you will know the point I am making with regards to Bury and other ''smaller'' clubs.   

Well - I''m more peeved than the lot of ya.  Bury were my dream tie, we were the last two balls and come out THE WRONG WAY ROUND.  I really really wanted the trip to gigg lane (home of FCUM and also Bury [get less crowds than FC]).Atleast it is feasible for you lot to go!

[quote user="we8wba"]5quid all tickets i would make it, whats better having 14k in the ground or 24k, just the club penny pinching like many in the league[/quote]Well the big difference is we can fill our ground consistently, I know thats an alien concept to a Wolves fan, but there ya go....

No it aint gonna break the bank, but i feel the season ticket holders loyalty should have been rewarded a bit better thats all. Bury will want decent revenue, but 25,000 at £5 or £8 a time, is surely better than 15,000 paying £14 with a poor atmosphere.

I''m not really moaning, im happy to pay the price, i just fele like some of you that the club missed an opprtunity. thats all.

it''s 18 quid for me to sit where I have my seat, I really don''t want to sit up in the Gods,

and of course Bury would get less of a share if I opted for a poorer view and my 18 quidder was left empty!

[quote user="we8wba"] whats better having 14k in the ground or 24k, just the club penny pinching like many in the league[/quote]we''ll fill it whatever, so why drop the pricve further? £12 sounds dirt cheap to me......

i don''t have a problem with £12, but why not make it £12 all round the ground. Because i sit near the halfway line i have to pay 50% more for my ticket, i commit to the club by buying a season ticket then get told it will cost £18 to watch a match against Bury which will probably be over by half-time, actually being over at half time won''t be so bad as the 5 mins of the 2nd half i miss while waiting for a drink at half-time won''t bee so important!!!

if its £1 a kid then £5 all tickets isnt really dropping it to much in the long run

and for the people taking cheap shot at wolves yes good one, but our half full stadium as you put it only had 800people less average attendence than you do for the season, so we hardly doing bad

as to the question im not paying to watch my team play reserve team and either be embarrased or win which is expected, iv got tickets for manutd villa, dont partically like either so just want goals so 0-0 be dreadful, but gives me break for football league, and hopefully i see some exciting football for a change