Sign in to follow this  
Infamy, Infamy

The Protesters and Chief Organiser!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

They''ll be back if/when we lose our next game, even if we win 10 games before hand. Smudger already said he thinks we''ll slip up soon and he''ll be back to "mock and point the finger" at those who let it happen. Whatever.

Even if he and Cluck do come back will anyone really care much about what they say nowadays?

[/quote]

I havent gone anywhere because i follow the badge not the board. As for smudger i agree completly that he only pops up when the teams doing bad.

[quote user="City1st"]" the focus on property development and catering rather than football "

Idiot post of the day.

Perhaps you could tell me where the money made from both the above should be cut. The catering turns over a surplus so we would be short of that money.

The club is sitting on land left by that very naughty man Mr Chase. Perhaps we should return it for the price paid. Then we could spend that money on a lower league player and use the rest to fund his three year contract.

As to debt I don''t doubt that the vast majority of fans at Carrow Road have the same debt ratio to income based on their property. The club charges the ticket price it does in part because of the facilities. Perhaps we should all be clinging on to some mud bank whilst the players gad about half naked with their bodies painted yellow and green.

Odd how the rest of professional football seems at odds with your silly ideas. Can''t see Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea spending any money on their infrastrucure can we ?
[/quote]

OMG how often have these ideas been discredited on here? I really cant be bothered to run through it all again. Try reading a bit more, thinking a bit more and absorbing a bit more. Now run off back to wotb where you can discuss the important issues of the day such as how to wash a rugby shirt or what you`re having for lunch.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

They''ll be back if/when we lose our next game, even if we win 10 games before hand. Smudger already said he thinks we''ll slip up soon and he''ll be back to "mock and point the finger" at those who let it happen. Whatever.

Even if he and Cluck do come back will anyone really care much about what they say nowadays?

[/quote]

I havent gone anywhere because i follow the badge not the board. As for smudger i agree completly that he only pops up when the teams doing bad.

[/quote]

You''re OK Arthur, its only Smudger and Cluck that I (and others) have problems with. As I''ve always said I have no problems with peoples negatives views, just the manner and method some people use when dealing with posters who don''t agree with them.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Mac, i would suggest Glen was the cheapest otherwise he would not be here, add the fact he begged for the job, who do you think had the bargaining tools. This is not a  ROEDER knock i like the guy but this board would not give you a spot if they had measles. I support NCFC and Roeder but this board of short arms and deep pocket spin merchants are well past their sell by date.[:D] I have put a smiley does that make my views more valid.

[/quote]

Give me strength.

Cheaper than Duffy? Cheaper than keeping Grant? Cheaper than all the other wanabees?

Why do you think Delia et al. are here? To make money? "Short arms & deep pockets", are you as generous with your own money as you would like them to be? How about remortaging your house, buying lottery tickets with the cash & then giving NCFC the resultant fortune? But then, if the board buys £5 million worth of "exciting prospects" who turn out to be duds it''s their hard luck. Doesn''t matter. It''s not your money.

You can put as many smilies as you like, irrational hatred is still not a viewpoint from which to make valid criticism.

ok Ron old son watch your blood pressure. I in fact gamble my money all the time as a promoter and do know you have to sometimes have to speculate to accummalate. Also pal it is not hatred its reality, this board are past it, as for making money, you are having a laugh, how much have this lot put us in debt. Also mate in forty years of supporting city i think i have put enough in to have a say. you seem the one full of hatred for anyone who dont share your opinions.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re OK Arthur, its only Smudger and Cluck that I (and others) have problems with. As I''ve always said I have no problems with peoples negatives views, just the manner and method some people use when dealing with posters who don''t agree with them.

[/quote]

Cheers, i know im not everyones cup of tea and am prone to the odd outburst or insult but certain people overstep the mark, and those certain people actually want the club i love to lose so they can post a silly little message sayiong how they were right all along. I hold my hands up over roeder, i think i was too critical and am delighted that he is proving me wrong.

" Now run off back to wotb where you can discuss the important issues of

the day such as how to wash a rugby shirt or what you`re having for

lunch."Oooooh, get her.Still, personal abuse is much easier than a rational debate.And obligatory if you''ve no argument other than all too predictable attack on the ''boogieman figures'' at the club.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Mac, i would suggest Glen was the cheapest otherwise he would not be here, add the fact he begged for the job, who do you think had the bargaining tools. This is not a  ROEDER knock i like the guy but this board would not give you a spot if they had measles. I support NCFC and Roeder but this board of short arms and deep pocket spin merchants are well past their sell by date.[:D] I have put a smiley does that make my views more valid.

[/quote]

No, but if that''s a comment on my use of them it does signal an attempt to have a playful dig without it being mistaken for some of the vitriol that is flung around this board sometimes. [:)]  

rk - as I understand it you are saying that you need to speculate to accumulate and then saying we are in too much debt. In that case could you just clarify whether you think the Board has spent too much or too little?

[quote user="ricky knight"]ok Ron old son watch your blood pressure. I in fact gamble my money all the time as a promoter and do know you have to sometimes have to speculate to accummalate. Also pal it is not hatred its reality, this board are past it, as for making money, you are having a laugh, how much have this lot put us in debt. Also mate in forty years of supporting city i think i have put enough in to have a say. you seem the one full of hatred for anyone who dont share your opinions.[/quote]

It''s not hatred that drives me, Ricky, it''s exasperation with the one-dimensional bigoted views of some of the posters here. I do NOT believe that Delia is the Messiah sent to save the club, nor that she & the board are anything but highly flawed in many of their judgements; I do, however, believe she has the best interests of  NCFC at heart & will make all REASONABLE financial sacrifices she can to help it - as I hope you make REASONABLE gambles in your business.

I have no problem with people, e.g. Mr. Carrow, making valid, logical points about the way the club is run; that is good for this forum & may even help (who can say?) to keep the board on it''s toes!

But I suppose, ultimately, I do hate hatred!

[quote user="City1st"]" Now run off back to wotb where you can discuss the important issues of the day such as how to wash a rugby shirt or what you`re having for lunch."

Oooooh, get her.

Still, personal abuse is much easier than a rational debate.

And obligatory if you''ve no argument other than all too predictable attack on the ''boogieman figures'' at the club.
[/quote]

You don''t have a rugby shirt then?.......

[quote user="T"]rk - as I understand it you are saying that you need to speculate to accumulate and then saying we are in too much debt. In that case could you just clarify whether you think the Board has spent too much or too little?[/quote]

Too little imo. I question the fact we are so much in debt after being in the premier, two seasons parachute payments, transfer profits and full houses week in week out, something dont add up, money used in the wrong places rather than the pitch where we need to spend.

Can i just say my comments are not made out of hatred but the facts rightly or wrongly as i see them. To you all who say i am always wrong please produce the evidence, i said the squad was not good enough at the start of season, i said Grant was good enough, i said we needed more pace and quality in the team, i said we needed to defend more as a unit both things Roeder is addressing, i said we were more relegation fodder than promotion contenders, where were we when Glen came. I have said this board are past there sell by date, we will see in january if they support the manager. Tell me where the hatred is there and tell me how far wrong i have been. It might not tally with some of your cosy views but i dont apologise for that. 

[quote user="ricky knight"]I in fact gamble my money all the time as a promoter and do know you have to sometimes have to speculate to accummalate.[/quote]are you seriously comparing running a championship football club to knocking up a panto fight at the hempnall village fete?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Cheers, i know im not everyones cup of tea and am prone to the odd outburst or insult but certain people overstep the mark, and those certain people actually want the club i love to lose so they can post a silly little message sayiong how they were right all along. I hold my hands up over roeder, i think i was too critical and am delighted that he is proving me wrong.

[/quote]

We can''t all be everyones cup of tea all the time Arthur but we all know that you''re a genuine Norwich fan and would nver ever want us to lose plus at least you''ll admit when you get it wrong.

So the Board are past their sell by date. Ok, so who do you have in mind to replace them, and what particular fresh strategy do you favour? It seems to me that we need some supporters on the Board, but I have yet to hear any alternative to the usual motley crew of business types that seem to make up this Board and every other Board in football. Delia I respect because she is a fan, and has put her money where her mouth is. I feel a protest coming on. Against the daft Musak which comes on when we score a goal, for some decent beer at Carra (aka Wherry) and pro bringing back Terracing. I must of stood for about 75% of the Sheffield game anyway. 

norwich are us what are you talking about, making money is making money what ever scale you are on you have to please the bank manager and i never said it was like running a football club. If you think wrestling is about hempnall village hall then you are in the dark ages, our record attendance is 2000 a bit more than a village hall and our yearly figures are equal to many lower league pro teams, on the holiday circuit alone we are seen by upwards of 100,000 per annum, our 6 week run in the yarmouth summer season see average attendances of 400 while other shows struggled, we are well supported all over the uk as are all the other 70 odd wrestling companies. Our websites get thousands of hits weekly, oh yea i have done numerous tv shows and been all over the world, not bad for an old barclay boy who was going nowhere. Oh by the way our DVDS, YES DVDS ARE FOR SALE ANYTIME YOU WANT A GANDER.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="muttley2"] Its no good to keep having ago at the protesters,any true fan would not have been happy the way things were going and untill a month ago who could have forseen the transformation in the team.If any one could with hand on heart belived we would be out of the bottom  three 2 weeks before christmas, they must still belive in the tooth fairy.A lot of the problems are not just about this season this has been brewing since we went up and good players were let go and rubbish brought in, and the board just sat back when worthy should have been shown the door then lack of vision in getting a manager who had not been tryed and tested else where a true life long fan can only expect to take so much so in this so called free country he protests which is his right.By to keep having a go at them are you saying that they are not allowed to free speech.[/quote]

What about our right to free speech?!?!?! Two weeks ago anyone who wanted to go and watch their team play was responsible for everything from the holocaust to the Iraq war - your fabled right to freedom of choice didn''t seem to matter much then. I don''t think that anyone was miffed at the prospect of a protest, just the unbelievably arrogant insulting way he was going about it. 

Simple - don''t dish it out if you can''t take it back

[/quote]

hahahaha kind of proves my point about you lot really doesn''t it???

Can''t take it??? 

Excuse me, but it is the first time I have taken a look at this board during the last week or so... you really must try harder Maccy D...  Some of us do have a lives to be getting on with and businesses to run outside of the comedy show on here you know???  [;)]

Like I have said for an age now... I''m not bothered in the slightest what anybody thinks on here...

By the way, don''t get too carried away.... two away games coming up then two difficult looking home games over Christmas... let''s see where we are at the turn of the year shall we???

Then again I am sure that 99.9% of you lot will be over the moon should we find ourselves in 21st place come May 4th, won''t you???

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

We can''t all be everyones cup of tea all the time Arthur but we all know that you''re a genuine Norwich fan and would nver ever want us to lose plus at least you''ll admit when you get it wrong.

[/quote]

Ahh god bless you Arthur... come and join the nice big family hug... [+o(]

and some of you guys wonder why I am giving this place a miss at present???

LMFTO... Apart from Ricky who is managing to stand on his own tow feet and say that this is still far from acceptable the rest of you are falling over yourselves in full apologetic mode to kiss those in the boardrooms cracks...

Seriously you all need to get a grip of reality and realise it is them who have sat and watched as we have slipped in to this mess... it will also be them that continue to hold us back as a team that flirts with the wrong end of this p i$$ poor division at best.

oh and Arthur, I still believe that it is in the best interests of NCFC for the club and the current boardroom to part company as soon as possible... and yes if it takes relegation to achieve that then that is what I wish for....  the only sad thing about that in my opinion is that it would take such a shock to the system for the majority of fans to sit up and realise how Smith & Jones have driven this club in to the floor over the past 4 years.

[quote user="Smudger"]

and some of you guys wonder why I am giving this place a miss at present???[/quote]

You only give this place a miss when we''re doing well Smudger, when we lose a couple you dont seem to have to spend so much time on your business do you?

[quote user="Smudger"]

LMFTO... Apart from Ricky who is managing to stand on his own tow feet and say that this is still far from acceptable the rest of you are falling over yourselves in full apologetic mode to kiss those in the boardrooms cracks...

Seriously you all need to get a grip of reality and realise it is them who have sat and watched as we have slipped in to this mess... it will also be them that continue to hold us back as a team that flirts with the wrong end of this p i$$ poor division at best.

oh and Arthur, I still believe that it is in the best interests of NCFC for the club and the current boardroom to part company as soon as possible... and yes if it takes relegation to achieve that then that is what I wish for....  the only sad thing about that in my opinion is that it would take such a shock to the system for the majority of fans to sit up and realise how Smith & Jones have driven this club in to the floor over the past 4 years.

[/quote]

Oh dear, he''s resurfaced, and he''s still playing that same old record. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ[|-)]

Smudger you are a bitter & twisted self important fool, stop slagging off people who really care about the club and get on with selling your chestnuts so you can afford to buy your season ticket for Portaloo Road next season. FOUR WINS out of  Five I bet that really sticks in your throat doesn''t it?

City1st - "all too predictable attack on the ''boogieman figures'' at the club."??Don''t blame it on the sunshine

Don''t blame it on moonlight

Don''t blame it on good times

Blame it on the boogie

Well, it would make a change from blaming Delia I supposeMichael Jackson out!Music [8]Big Smile [:D]Music [8]

there''s only one economic model that made us successful in 10 years - extra investment into the club.  the share issue and directors investment in dec03 helped us get promotion that season.  mumby''s ''being cleverer'' - speculating to bring in other non-football streams of revenue (probably at the expense of investment in the squad) looked well stupid, until saturday, when we got out of the bottom 3.  hopefully, after a boardroom struggle - maybe extra investment is  coming into the club now -via the turners.  (or even delia) IF NOT - you can kiss goodbye to taylor and the other loanees, ''cos we''ve not got the money to compete with other clubs.forget the charlton model - its history.  its all about directors gambling to get into the prem, and then gambling again to stay in.  derby''s directors put in £20m last year and went up - and have spent again, but its not looking good for them.  if they go down, they lose money - tough love, but at least they''ve had a go.we started out the season as an averagely funded champs club, who had prem ambition but not the money to back it up.   after flirting with relegation - i hope the board are upto speed with reality - that is exta investment into the club, without a guarantee of return.  i hope the turners and delia are making the funds available to but taylor and the other targets roedy needs.the fact is - the current economic model is for footy teams in the prem and champs to be run by a rich benefactor (or directors) with deep pockets - that is if you have real and genuine ambition.  ''cos as always, money talks.  i''m not saying i agree with it, sky calls the tune, but if we don''t join ''em, it seems this season has shown us we can''t beat ''em.

THE ORICLE RETURNS !!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME BACK SMUDGER !!!!!!!!i for one have missed your prodigious genius, your wisdom, your charisma and especially that well versed repartee that so many people have come to love and admire.the past week has been barren of any aggravated rants and foolhardy ideas but im sure you can rectify the situation post haste.please accept my thanks in advance for all future conversational diarrhoea you may wish to embellish this message board with. its sure been strange to not have one individual constantly clogging up every topic with personal insults and poorly conceived notions, but  its nice of you to finally poke your head out of the wood work again. i only hope that city can reward you with a loss sooner rather than later so we may be entertained by more scintillating observations.heres a tip for young players though - any time you want to impress a point try not to overwhelm people with multiple posts and insults. it kind of raises the flag that your rather inept.it sure is nice to have you back though . people need laughter.best of luck with that business as well. sounds like it really gets busy around the time city get on a winning streak. obviously if your not around i can only assume your hard at work and i think that really is a win win situation for everybody.sayonara senoritafattyowls

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

and some of you guys wonder why I am giving this place a miss at present???[/quote]

You only give this place a miss when we''re doing well Smudger, when we lose a couple you dont seem to have to spend so much time on your business do you?

[/quote]

standing outside the forum with a puppet on each hand can not be classed as running a business...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh god bless you Arthur... come and join the nice big family hug... [+o(]

and some of you guys wonder why I am giving this place a miss at present???

[/quote]

No smudge you need to take a long hard look at reality. one of the things that has given us great pride this season is our support, i fully believe no other club in the country would attract 24,000 per game at the bottom of the table. most fans have stuck by the team through thick and thin, went and cheered and on occasion voiced concerns but at least they were there and thats whats helped us turn a corner. you however can have no part of that, you may not be a binner but you as good as a binner. anyone who wishes relegation on us is just filth as far as i''m concerned so just go and sell your chestnuts at portacabin road.

on a different angle i''m wondering... did delia beat you to a cooking contract or something? did she stop you from being the smith on tv? is that why you hate her so? just wondering, you sound a tad bitter