Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Laursen - "Norwich are not particularly interesting"

Celtic defender Ulrik Laursen has ended speculation he could make a move to Premiership newcomers Norwich City by saying the Premiership Canaries are "not interesting".

This guy obviously finds the Celtic Reserve squard very interesting. I hope he enjoys playing there next year because I don''t think he''ll get much else.

We don''t need his sort here.

The guy is obviously an idiot and I have never heard of him.

We dont want his sort here. If we were to sign any Celtic defender I would want Balde, but I dont fancy our chances.

Phew.

Thanks for ruling yourself out Ulrik.

Someone so injury prone has got to be dubious at best of times.

Best you stay put and work your way up slowly playing the very interesting Stirling Albion Reserves (apologies to Stirling Albion fans) in the jolly old highland league.

Not interesting?

Well, have fun in Glasgow mate. I know where I''d rather be, enjoy reserve team football in the Scottish minnows league.

I read in the paper that he only played a few games last season because of injury so no big shame missing out on him

If he has come out with that sort of comment lets hop that Worthy has ended his interes in him straight away. Bit disappointed about Purse. Rated him highly and very solid. This argument about not wanting to move does not hold up with me otherwise we will end up with nobody if they dont want to move. This business about holidays is also a pain because other clubs seem to be making signings. It really gets my goat the Ginger One has got Purse. I''m sure if the right movements were made he would have thought about us seriously.

it seems to me like no one wants to sign with norwich why not?

it''s because of the fact that they know that they will find it hard to get in to the squad they r just thriving on the attention and hope someone like west brom who copies us in every signing attempt will sign them on fat chance.

The reason some players may not want to sign is that they soon pick up the fact that Mr Worthington is a tough but fair manager who actually expects his players to work for a living and behave like professionals.

If they get the idea that they won''t just be able to sit in the reserves on 10 grand a week and go out clubbing every night for 3 years if it doesn''t work out maybe it doesn''t seem so attractive.

To use a phrase YC is probably familiar with: We want the right stuff"
So far he seems to have got just that. I''ve every faith he''ll continue to do so.

Herb

Herb.......... I believe you have it right ! ........... there are far to many european " players " in the English league who are just here for the money , and to get " injured " as soon as possible , thereby collecting wages for doing naff all !! .....its we , at the turnstiles , who have to pay the wages of the likes of lausen ...... I know clubs insure against players " injuries " , but its us who end up paying the premiums ! .........