Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

The real worry now is lack of stamina

With vital matches on December 22nd, 26th, 29th and Jan 1st, it worries me that we''ll be found out because of lack of fitness. The Watford, Plymouth and Blackpool games all showed that our key players are lacking that area when we have only 2 or 3 days between games, even the younger ones. And I''ll be amazed if Dion is up to playing all the Christmas fixtures. I''m sure Roeder will have plans to improve matters, but time''s against him.

Surely its the same for all teams............I wonder in fact where we would stand in the division fitness wise, top half or bottom half????? I thought our fitness used to be second to none...........if we are not fit enough why not????......................

OTBC

Not too worried.

All teams will be in the same position, and another month of training etc. should get levels of the loan players up.  And at least we''re at Carrow Road for the 26th and 29th when we can roar them home.

When I saw a thread about someone called old boy worrying about a lack of stamina I thought it would be more of a ''dear deidre'' thing....

[quote user="Old Boy"]With vital matches on December 22nd, 26th, 29th and Jan 1st, it worries me that we''ll be found out because of lack of fitness. The Watford, Plymouth and Blackpool games all showed that our key players are lacking that area when we have only 2 or 3 days between games, even the younger ones. And I''ll be amazed if Dion is up to playing all the Christmas fixtures. I''m sure Roeder will have plans to improve matters, but time''s against him.
[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

When I saw a thread about someone called old boy worrying about a lack of stamina I thought it would be more of a ''dear deidre'' thing....

[/quote]

It''s a fairly serious problem.  I heard his beloved was playing away again last night.

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]LOLWith reference to other replies, yes of course the schedule''s the same for other teams. But the fact is I don''t think our fitness is good enough despite all the bullshit from previous managers, at least compared to WBA and Watford. Cureton looks overweight, Chadwick tires visibly through games, even Russell can''t keep up the pace for two games in 4 days. And that''s a big problem. Basic fitness shouldn''t even be an issue if we want to move forward, but I think it is for us.