Sign in to follow this  
DorsetCanary

LEON McKENZIE signs friday morning!

Whats everyones views on this? I know very little about the Peterborough striker other than that Reading were after him but didn''t offer enough cash. Providing he passes a medical, he will be with us for saturdays game with Cardiff!.

Alex

Living in Peterborough I have watched McKenzie on a number of occasions. He is fast, good in the air and knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. The only thing that worries me is that he has had several injuries in the past but hopefully any serious long term problems, if any, will be revealed when he has the medical.

If he passes the medical then he will be a good asset to the team and will certainly be giving defenders a lot to think about. Don''t expect a Iwan or a Peter Crouch but you will get a very mobile, fast and talented striker.

Has been reasonably prolific at Div 2 level, but injury prone to boot. It could turn out to be one of those astute signings by worthy from under the noses of other clubs sniffing around, or he could turn out to be another Zema. Lets hope for the former.
What with trialing this under 19 from portaloo road, we could be just a couple of players short now of sustaining our promotion challenge.