Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

gotta get taylor in?????

with fozzy and russell not firing on all cylinders its clear that taylor and shacks held the blackpool hoardes at bay.  taylor is making the difference - make no mistake.  we''d have crumbled before his arrival - sign the boy up - he''s looking and acting the part better and better as each game passes. 

yeah he is very good, and if fozzy and russell can play like they did on staurday, at least 2/3s of the time we should have a good chance of getting into the top half  of the table, were only 12 pionts of playoffs with 28 games to go, im not saying we will get it, but there is almost 90 pionts to play for, and if we can get 50/60 we will be ther , and with taylor and patty in the team for rest of season and beyond we could be in the prem in the next  couple of years :DOTBC

He''s made a big difference at the back. A solid defence gives the rest of the team confidence to go forward.

Time for the board to release a couple of million quid.

[quote user="ricardo"]

He''s made a big difference at the back. A solid defence gives the rest of the team confidence to go forward.

Time for the board to release a couple of million quid.

[/quote]sure, adams says he stood out as a prem defender today.  criminal to let him go without a fight.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Agreed, he looks to be doing the business so far and also seems to be generating confidence in Shackell.[/quote]

Not before time!  Shacks development sadly hit a plateau under the tutillage of Docherty, perhaps the lad can put a few more tools in his bag under taylor''s influence, like how to initiate an attacking move from defensive cover. If he is to keep that captain''s armband he has got to grow into a much more complete player.

Taylor was awesome tonight, probably our best player - he has power and strength, can head a ball and can score goals. We must definitely try and hang onto him.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Taylor was awesome tonight, probably our best player - he has power and strength, can head a ball and can score goals. We must definitely try and hang onto him.[/quote]

Maybe Delia can offer him two bags of nuts instead of one to sign on the dotted line???

The Board must act on this one. January is going to be crucial for us. It will give us a clear indication of the boards intent. Taylor is head and shoulders above the rest of our defence in more ways than one. He is what we have been crying out for for so long. If we can get him, and we need to fight tooth and nail to get him, I see him as a natural future captain of the team. If we can get Pattison and Camera full time as well with a couple like wise additions then the canaries will really begin to fly again.

So a message to the Board. Please this January show us some Ambition with Intent.

will alex mcgliesh want a look at him before shipping him off? i mean brum defenders arent excatly prolific at the moment

only time will tell

I agree with all of this BUT (and it''s a big BUT).............

Mcleish is likely to want to look at ALL his first team squad and with Taylor playing well I can see him being recalled pretty sharpish. Even if McLeish IS prepared to let him go there is the small problem of ''where does the money come from''?? If Brum insist on £1M+ then unless the Turners pay up you can count it out as we ain''t got the dosh, simple as that. No amount of ''showing ambition'' etc. will alter that financial fact.

Anyway it''s noy just Taylor is it (although he''s the key to our improvement). Would we want to keep Camara,  Evans (no chance) and Pattison? Again, where is the money coming from to buy them?? 

also if he is playing that well which im lead to believe and he is available on market

do norwich have 1st option? as if he performing well than maybe teams near top league will be gunning for him

obv your only bonus when competitng vs like charlton etc.. at the moment is he already on loan here

i personally think if he available he will come here

by way brum always seem to get most money out of every player they sell look at heskey 6m pennant 6m dj campbell 1.7m etc.. they always seem to get a good deal

YR - agreed - Showing more ambition is easy to say but in reality it means taking out more debt or the directors risking more of their own money. Increasing the debt may be difficult in the current market and may run the risk of putting the club into administration. The directors risking  more of their own money depends firstly on them having money available and secondly on wether they are willing to risk their money which is a personal decision. I have a feeling that they also quite like winning games and will do what they can.

Camara?  Why - there are lots of other options, but he is out of contract at end of season - so no fee.  Pattison - again out of contract at end of season, if we finish mid-table then I suspect he will bite our arm off to sign.

Taylor - 2M but it has to happen.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Mcleish is likely to want to look at ALL his first team squad and with Taylor playing well I can see him being recalled pretty sharpish. Even if McLeish IS prepared to let him go there is the small problem of ''where does the money come from''?? If Brum insist on £1M+ then unless the Turners pay up you can count it out as we ain''t got the dosh, simple as that. No amount of ''showing ambition'' etc. will alter that financial fact.

Anyway it''s noy just Taylor is it (although he''s the key to our improvement). Would we want to keep Camara,  Evans (no chance) and Pattison? Again, where is the money coming from to buy them?? 

[/quote]

From the canaries site :[quote user="Glenn Roeder"]There''s a new manager been appointed at Birmingham and all those sort of factors have to be considered by him - as well as ourselves. But I would love to be able to keep him. And I''m sure the Board would back me on that - if we can possibly keep him, I''m sure they''ll let me keep him."[/quote]

The idea of us not having him is pretty grim............................but could we really sign him??? WOULD BE GREAT.........

OTBC

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

Not before time!  Shacks development sadly hit a plateau under the tutillage of Docherty

[/quote]

You say that, Hooley, but I can confirm since Doherty was his mentor, Shackell is now 100% better at grappling, and significantly better at heading the ball vertically.

If Brum insist on £1M+ then unless the Turners pay up you can count it out as we ain''t got the dosh, simple as that. No amount of ''showing ambition'' etc. will alter that financial fact.

[/quote]

What a coincidence, I did a forecast of NCFC Accounts for the next couple of seasons earlier this week and I thing we can afford Taylor. BTW at the 31st May 2007 there was £3.15m of cash at bank and in hand on the Balance Sheet.

[quote user="T"]YR - agreed - Showing more ambition is easy to say but in reality it means taking out more debt or the directors risking more of their own money. [/quote]

No need to take more debt on.

There was £3.15m. cash on the Balance Sheet as at 31st May 2007.

Payments on transfers can be paid over a long period of time, e.g. Green, Mckenzie.

There was a share issue to raise the money for Hucks.  If there was a similar issue for Taylor, I''d ask for shares for Christmas to bring him in permanently!

Come on you financial geniuses out there - is a new share issue a possibility???

Keep any other cash we''ve got coming in for a striker.

CN - interested to see your cash flow forecast as a cash flow forecast is the only way to see what we really can afford - the question is how much of the €3m is free cash if any or do we need it to cover any operating cash flow short falls, loan/interest payments or capital commitments?  Should be able to make a resonable stab from the accounts.

[quote user="T"]CN - interested to see your cash flow forecast as a cash flow forecast is the only way to see what we really can afford - the question is how much of the €3m is free cash if any or do we need it to cover any operating cash flow short falls, loan/interest payments or capital commitments?  Should be able to make a resonable stab from the accounts.[/quote]

The £3.15m is a cash balance as at 31st May 2007. Its not dependent on this season ops or net season.

My spreadsheet includes ops, capital repayments re the debt, payment for the multi storey car park, interest, a phase 2 land deal etc.

[quote user="we8wba"]

will alex mcgliesh want a look at him before shipping him off? i mean brum defenders arent excatly prolific at the moment

only time will tell

[/quote]

Agreed, i don''t think this situation is only in our hands. i really hope we get to keep him but I would think the new Brum man will want to look at his whole squad before deciding who stays and who goes. And what''s the bet if he does want to keep Taylor, then everyone will blame our board!. Premiership or Championship?...Hmmm...

[quote user="Old Yellow Bird"]

There was a share issue to raise the money for Hucks.  If there was a similar issue for Taylor, I''d ask for shares for Christmas to bring him in permanently!

Come on you financial geniuses out there - is a new share issue a possibility???

[/quote]

There is just under £1m of Ordinary shares available for purchase direct from the club. Furthermore there should be B Preference shares available too (I think these are the ones that pay 4% interest and can be redeemed upon promotion to The Premiership, death etc.).  Ask for Shaun O''Hara or his assistant.

He won''t stay here, I''m pretty certain of that, no inside information but I''m worried like some one said, that Big Eck or some other top end Champ club will want him, they will look at his performances and think, yer, amybe we could do something with him.

Don''t get me wrong, I would love him to stay, he is a Malky type defender and absolute must in this league.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Old Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

There is just under £1m of Ordinary shares available for purchase direct from the club. Furthermore there should be B Preference shares available too (I think these are the ones that pay 4% interest and can be redeemed upon promotion to The Premiership, death etc.).  Ask for Shaun O''Hara or his assistant.

[/quote]

Just to correct something I posted earlier, the interest rate on the B Prefs is 4.5% not 4%. Secondly there should be £29m (!!) worth of B Prefs available should you want them.

we ain''t got the dosh, simple as that. No amount of ''showing ambition'' etc. will alter that financial fact.

[/quote]Fact? So how do you explain the boards public commitment to keep him? Seems you (think you) know something they dont.Dont confuse your assumptions with facts