Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Putting the NCFC board on notice.

Give Glenn what he needs (N.B.  not wants) and he''ll take us up eventually - little doubt in my mind. And take us up the Norwich way.

Rein in Doncaster.

Promote Andrew Turner as the new, hard-nosed public face of Norwich City.

Anoint Delia as ceremonial president for life, if you wish.

Instruct the club PR people to cut out the spin and give it to the fans straight.

Implement  a 3-year moratorium on all non-football investment.

Appoint a supporters representative to the NCFC board.

Commission a serious study into the wisdom of converting NCFC into a membership club                         a la Barcelona etc.

And, on a lighter note, hurry up and find a couple of Brazilian-born naturalised Croatians before somebody else does!

Anybody agree?

OTBC

Wow, another post of yours that I agree with, BBB.

I was struck by a quote from Aidy Boothroyd that said he thought Roeder was "a good fit" for Norwich, and I think that is spot on.

This is a genuine question - do you know that Roeder''s appointment was Turner''s doing, or are you just refusing to believe that Delia had anything to do with it?

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Still remains a mystery to me as to why only Mumbo Jumbo rolled out Roeder as the new manager at the press conference.[/quote]

At least he had a manager to roll out ,which is more than those poor schmucks did at Wigan last week! [:D][:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Give Glenn what he needs (N.B.  not wants) and he''ll take us up eventually - little doubt in my mind. And take us up the Norwich way.

[/quote]

Interesting comments from Roeder re: Martin Taylor in the EEN:

Defender Martin Taylor, who scored the second of City''s three goals, has been a key figure in the Roeder revival since arriving from Birmingham. He still has three games to go in his loan period and every effort will be made to extend it.

"I would love to be able to keep him and I''m sure the board will back me on that if we can possibly keep him. I''m sure they will let me keep him. He''s had a big influence on Jason Shackell as well."

So another point to add:

Loosen the purse strings.  Strengthen the squad on players who want to be here.

The board are going to have to understand that keeping the likes of Taylor & Patterson may initially seem expensive, however, is it expensive when you think that without them - relegation, lower attendances, less tv showings and administration would be a real possability!!

Your thoughts please??

[quote user="Scaifey"]

The board are going to have to understand that keeping the likes of Taylor & Patterson may initially seem expensive, however, is it expensive when you think that without them - relegation, lower attendances, less tv showings and administration would be a real possability!!

Your thoughts please??

[/quote]

Yes you`re spot on, but judging from the events of the last few years the board struggle to understand that simple footballing logic. They are happy to speculate on land etc. off the pitch but absolutely paranoid about speculating on it. Of course an under-invested squad often leads to poor performance, protests, boycotts, dwindling crowds etc. which all threaten the viable future of the club. We`ll see in January if they really have learned their lesson.......

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Interesting comments from Roeder re: Martin Taylor in the EEN:

Defender Martin Taylor, who scored the second of City''s three goals, has been a key figure in the Roeder revival since arriving from Birmingham. He still has three games to go in his loan period and every effort will be made to extend it.

"I would love to be able to keep him and I''m sure the board will back me on that if we can possibly keep him. I''m sure they will let me keep him. He''s had a big influence on Jason Shackell as well."

So another point to add:

Loosen the purse strings.  Strengthen the squad on players who want to be here.

[/quote]

good point Chops! i do wonder though now that Brucey has gone to Wigan and given their inability to defend if he might not have a word with Taylor and promise to sign him in january? we need to act fast!

jas :)

Yep, can''t argue with any of that BBB-all good points, all realistic ones.

Love Roeder''s words "...I am sure the board will back me..." -pressure there!

On a slightly more negative tone, I just hope that it does not go "O''Neill" when the Board refuse (or if, sorry) to release the funds Roeder needs!

In order to release funds it assumes that there are some funds to release: Given that the 2 million from the Turners was to help the club cover its operating losses hopefully there are some net profits from transfer activity still available to fund transfer fees/wages.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Yes you`re spot on, but judging from the events of the last few years the board struggle to understand that simple footballing logic. They are happy to speculate on land etc. off the pitch but absolutely paranoid about speculating on it. Of course an under-invested squad often leads to poor performance, protests, boycotts, dwindling crowds etc. which all threaten the viable future of the club. We`ll see in January if they really have learned their lesson.......

[/quote]

A month ago I posted a few times about the board not being the same board that have been responsible for the events of the last few years. New investment was sought and found in the Turners. Different people are making the decisions now so it''s possible that the decisions will be different. As I have said so many times - you don''t have to take over to instigate change, you merely have to take part.

Rein in Doncaster.

Instruct the club PR people to cut out the spin and give it to the fans straight.

Commission a serious study into the wisdom of converting NCFC into a membership club                         a la Barcelona etc.

And, on a lighter note, hurry up and find a couple of Brazilian-born naturalised Croatians before somebody else does!

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

Agree with most of that but not the supporters representative on the board. I can see that idea causing endless arguments about who that person represents?

I also have my doubts about a membership based club.    

[quote user="T"]

In order to release funds it assumes that there are some funds to release: Given that the 2 million from the Turners was to help the club cover its operating losses hopefully there are some net profits from transfer activity still available to fund transfer fees/wages.

[/quote]The impression I got from statements at the time of the loans was that there was a large hole that needed filling, and that the Turners'' loans and the transfer profit had covered it.  If there is to be any money found, I suspect it will be out of further loans from directors / interested parties.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Still remains a mystery to me as to why only Mumbo Jumbo rolled out Roeder as the new manager at the press conference.[/quote] I know, I can''t figure that one out either, to my mind it was ungracious and rude towards a new manager. I am not saying he warranted the red carpet, but only Munby? PR at it''s worst from a club spun up in it they can''t see the wood for the trees.

Rein in Doncaster.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

I''ve got a few problems with what you''ve said here. You say promote Turner to the public face of the club, (i) you assume he/she/they want that (ii) how many people could genuinely identify them?

Also can''t agree with the no investment on non-football matters, perhaps less but not totally.

Appointing a supporters rep onto the board opens up a whole new can of worms, how would that person be appointed? Do we vote? If so who gets to vote? Season Ticket holders only? Shareholders? Members? Anyone? Would that person have to have experience of actually running a business/football club? Would it be a full time job?

Finally you mention comissioning a report into the Spanish way of running a football club, (i) if it was that great why doesn;t any other league run their clubs like that let alone in England? (ii) Assuming we went that way it would eliminate all realistic ''sugar daddies'' coming in regardless of how cynical you are. (iii) It''s a complete farce overe there.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]Still remains a mystery to me as to why only Mumbo Jumbo rolled out Roeder as the new manager at the press conference.[/quote] I know, I can''t figure that one out either, to my mind it was ungracious and rude towards a new manager. I am not saying he warranted the red carpet, but only Munby? PR at it''s worst from a club spun up in it they can''t see the wood for the trees.[/quote]

Of course it''s always possible that this change from the usual way of doing things was instigated by the new investors on the board.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]Still remains a mystery to me as to why only Mumbo Jumbo rolled out Roeder as the new manager at the press conference.[/quote] I know, I can''t figure that one out either, to my mind it was ungracious and rude towards a new manager. I am not saying he warranted the red carpet, but only Munby? PR at it''s worst from a club spun up in it they can''t see the wood for the trees.[/quote]

Of course it''s always possible that this change from the usual way of doing things was instigated by the new investors on the board.

I really don''t care who''s idea it was, for something of high significance such as a new managerial appointment there should be more than one Director there, be he the Chairman or not. Was the Press Conference so hastly arranged they were all too busy on other business?

I''m pretty sure you can still see the press conferences from the Worthy sacking and the Grant appointment online. If you can you will see that they were well supported and comprehensive occasions with the majority shareholders prepared to answer anything thrown at them. The sacking of Grant and the appointment of Roeder appear to have been handled differently. I am just guessing as to why but I do know for a fact that the press conference for Roeders appointment was not hastily arranged.

Okay Nutty, thanks for the info, maybe it''s just me but I would have thought a press conference appointing our new manager would have been better supported by the board. If this is a change in policy I for one can''t see a reason why it has been changed or for what purpose.

Love Roeder''s words "...I am sure the board will back me..." -pressure there

Fully agree Old Shuck. The litmus test is sure to follow. Who knows if Taylor wants to stay, he might be attracted by the Huckerby big fish in small pond syndrome, lets hope he is and he makes it clear to the Bluenoses where his future lies. The test of Mr and Mrs Turner is whether they give Roeder all the backing he wants and needs, I dont think he would have made that statement unless he was confident of support, something must have been promised to him in terms of financial backing when he took the job. If this is not the case then he is applying the pressure we all want applied, if he is not backed then debate about a protest will be over and every City Fan with any nouse will be storming the barrackades.

It`s still far too early to decide on Roeder, but he is cutting it under very difficult circumstances at the moment and deserves all our praise.

The comment "make no mistake this is a big club" on Sunday shows he knows all the buttons to press where the fans are concerned, good luck to him. Lets hope he will make us a big club and forever banish the "Little Norwich" .    

[quote user="One-day Ramos"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Rein in Doncaster.

Anybody agree?

OTBC

[/quote]

I''ve got a few problems with what you''ve said here. You say promote Turner to the public face of the club, (i) you assume he/she/they want that (ii) how many people could genuinely identify them?

Also can''t agree with the no investment on non-football matters, perhaps less but not totally.

Appointing a supporters rep onto the board opens up a whole new can of worms, how would that person be appointed? Do we vote? If so who gets to vote? Season Ticket holders only? Shareholders? Members? Anyone? Would that person have to have experience of actually running a business/football club? Would it be a full time job?

Finally you mention comissioning a report into the Spanish way of running a football club, (i) if it was that great why doesn;t any other league run their clubs like that let alone in England? (ii) Assuming we went that way it would eliminate all realistic ''sugar daddies'' coming in regardless of how cynical you are. (iii) It''s a complete farce overe there.

[/quote]

With due respect Ramos, what you present as mountains and issues are really mere footnotes and molehills in the grand scheme of things.

Barcelona in a mess? Well..................

One-day, one-day!

But I do love your avatar.

One love.

OTBC