Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

now the season begins.... only 2 points behind the U's!!

Great Result

Played well, confidence is growing and looking at the form of the teams above us, if we continue like this then we will be safe sooner rather than later.

We will be lucky to get a draw at Stoke though on saturday, If we win that game then we really have turned the corner.

with russell out through suspendsion, I''d keep patterson in the middle and hucks in his place.

I think a draw at stoke and a win at home to plymouth (without a manager) will get us out of the relegation zone.

Then we can go on from there.

at last, Friday we had just 9 points and looked doomed. Now its all change!!! Just 2 points behind the u''s on 17 points!

Cheers all

Hate to shatter your illusions... but the season began on 11th August

oh and just incase you had forgotten the football league ain''t upside down... the only thing we win for finishing in 24th place is a season or more in the 3rd tier (not a league title).

Cheers Smudger, I thought the season started today too, but you''ve saved me from looking daft...

Here was me thinking that the season started with us having an inept manager, who then left leaving us to start afresh...

[quote user="Smudger"]

oh and just incase you had forgotten the football league ain''t upside down... the only thing we win for finishing in 24th place is a season or more in the 3rd tier (not a league title).

[/quote]Why don''t you take a running jump, Smudge? I may be completely wrong, but I suspect you''re just an Ipswich fan with nothing better to do than wind people up on here. If not, then why can''t you enjoy our first back to back wins in god knows how long.Back on topic, two excellent wins. Looking forward to a reasonably local game for me, hope we can put in a good performance and get a result towards staying up.

Smudger is an Ipswich fan. The only reason he posts on here is cos he knows he''ll get a rise out of people. Ignore him and he''ll go away. Like a wasp.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And who''s going to finish 24th?

Us?

OTBC

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Smudger is an Ipswich fan. The only reason he posts on here is cos he knows he''ll get a rise out of people. Ignore him and he''ll go away. Like a wasp.
[/quote]

Like a bad smell. Quickly disappears into thin air, and is soon forgotten[:P]

Smudger''s great really, we''d miss him if he wasn''t here! I''m sure when he gets bored of pretending to support the wrong team he might discover the joys of life, fine wines, good food and pretty ladies; and then he''d be less prone to post this negative "wrist slitting" dross here.

I am with the other 99.99% of Norwich fans today, happy that we won, not only once, but twice, and away from home, i''d almost forgoten what it felt like.

He''s only on here for self-promotion. Look at the number of posts in such a short period and I wonder if you would  need more than one hand to count the number that are football related!

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Great Result

Played well, confidence is growing and looking at the form of the teams above us, if we continue like this then we will be safe sooner rather than later.

We will be lucky to get a draw at Stoke though on saturday, If we win that game then we really have turned the corner.

with russell out through suspendsion, I''d keep patterson in the middle and hucks in his place.

I think a draw at stoke and a win at home to plymouth (without a manager) will get us out of the relegation zone.

at last, Friday we had just 9 points and looked doomed. Now its all change!!! Just 2 points behind the u''s on 17 points!

Cheers all

Plymouth do have a manager- Paul Sturrock''s second spell in charge-so beware the honeymoon period!  Will be interesting though to see how far we''ve come since the no show down there a couple of weeks ago.  3-0 to us this time?

[/quote]

It is a case of onwards and upwards from here on in. If the dressing room is buzzing again we should be fine.

To be honest, If Watford are one of the best teams in this league we have every chance of finishing in the top 6. Why???.... Cos we are better than them.

[quote user="Vern "]

It is a case of onwards and upwards from here on in. If the dressing room is buzzing again we should be fine.

To be honest, If Watford are one of the best teams in this league we have every chance of finishing in the top 6. Why???.... Cos we are better than them.

[/quote]

I am delighted we have got a couple of wins, and also seem to be playing with more spirit and invention but hang on.  On what basis can we possibly be better than Watford (a team who comfortably out played us less than a month ago, who have the basis of their Premiership squad still in tact,  have won 11 games this season to our 4, have a GD 21 better than us etc)?  There is still a massive amount of work to be done to turn this season around (we are still bottom of the league ffs).

Yes the signs seem to be better since the regime changes, loan players look good (but may not stay), morale seems to be improving and we can have some optimism for once, but lets not get carried away just yet!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh well, I didn''t expect any positives from you smudger.

Even when things start to look better and decent players are brought in, we win two games on the bounce and away from home by two clear goals, you are still totally negative.

We all know what state the club is in at present, but at least we can recognise a fight back from the squad when we see it.

Are you really a Norwich fan at heart or a total P**t who has nothing better to do as an Ipswich fan than post on a Norwich forum. If so, why do you bother?

Anyway ..... lets hope you see dif one day. Perhaps if we wi the title next season, finish 6th in the prem, qualify for the UEFA cup again, you might change your ways?

I doubt it!

Cheers for all the normal replies, any ideas about the midfield options with Russell out?

Cheers All Again

[quote user="Marty"]

Smudger''s great really, we''d miss him if he wasn''t here! I''m sure when he gets bored of pretending to support the wrong team he might discover the joys of life, fine wines, good food and pretty ladies; and then he''d be less prone to post this negative "wrist slitting" dross here.

I am with the other 99.99% of Norwich fans today, happy that we won, not only once, but twice, and away from home, i''d almost forgoten what it felt like.

[/quote]

Great post!  Agree completely, I forgot what winning was like.  We are bottom of the league, but there is no longer a gap, we are close, and will make it up soon!

Colchester lose, Norwich win and then for the first time in a very long time we arent the lowest East Anglian Championship side!

And maybe out of the relegation zone?

I know loadsa Scum fans, and when conversing not too long ago with one (Yes I can speak Ipswich) I mentioned that we could be out of the bottom three in 3 games time. He didnt believe me, said we were worse away than them...

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Great Result

Cheers all

[/quote]

Thanks for that!  At the rate you are going and the rate we are going we may well pass shortly in which case I will attempt a rather sickly wave.

Good luck anyway for Saturday.  None too subtle, Stoke.......and I honestly don''t think they will be going very far.